Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays Result

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
And is meant to get good service to achive that.

How many more chances are we supposed to create for him to score a goal? He gets as good a service as Gus' tactics will ever produce. He is not clinical enough, and that is the bottom line. We are not, and never will be under Gus, a "lump-it upfield to let the strikers try to score" type team.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Left the ground at the final whistle and walked through the front door at 10 to 6 (I live in Lincoln nearly 40 miles from the KC Stadium), am now enjoying a beer to wash down a very pleasant pizza.

I really enjoyed the game today, I thought it was more like we play at the Amex rather than our away form of last year. Hull are considered to be one of the play-off contenders and we bossed them in their back yard for long periods, and created a lot of half chances as well as a couple of really good ones. Unfortunately, we couldn't put any of them away and paid the price. From memory I think Hull had no more than 3 good chances, but took one and at the end of the day that collects the points.

The chances fell to a number of players, so no real culprit. CMS worked really hard and his determined chasing helped to create a couple of chances. I was impressed with Bruno (what's with the big plaster on his head?) and thought the team played well as a whole. I was a little disappointed that Kazenga didn't have the impact when he came on that I hoped, although he did create a couple of chances. If we continue to play like that away from home this year we are going to smash a hatful past a few sides.

Looking at Hull, where was their support? Loads of empty seats. This is a side hoping to get back into the Premier League and they could only scrape together approx 15,000, and even they were really quiet, except when they scored. At times you could almost hear a pin drop, although the Albion fans at the top of the stand soon filled any gap. Well done lads (and lasses I presume!).

It was great to see Olympic Gold Medallist Luke Campbell parading his medal at half time, to a standing ovation from all supporters.

The downside (other than losing)? It took the home fans just 10 minutes to resort to "We can see you holding hands". Although Hull's interesting tactics at our free kicks meant we could sing it back to them later in the game!

We had a good day out and I remain positive - see you at Burnley?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
How many more chances are we supposed to create for him to score a goal? He gets as good a service as Gus' tactics will ever produce. He is not clinical enough, and that is the bottom line. We are not, and never will be under Gus, a "lump-it upfield to let the strikers try to score" type team.

Was cms the only player to miss a chance or 3 today?

Cms has missed the end of pre season ffs get a grip PP

Jul 13, 2012

How many did we create for him last sesson? he was kike a hiena living of scraps.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
It wasn't a bad result. We scored nil, which was always a formality. We only let in one. I'm sure we'll get an away goal between now and Christmas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here