Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Today’s ref - Craig Pawson

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Did I hear right that Attwell reffed the other semi? If so, good to see they're using the very best that British refereeing offers /sarcasm

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I thought he was the best ref we’ve had in weeks. I was worried he was going to let the Utd players dive all over the shop but he caught on very quickly.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yep. Led by Ten Haag and their players ridiculous over reaction to Webster rightly not being booked after he was slightly late to a challenge when their player had just been booked. It was never a booking for Webster though, just a ‘big club’ frustrated as not every decision went the way they demanded it for a change.
Spot on, Utd’s’tactics’ brought the game into disrepute, and the FA should act.

It’s no wonder weak refs like Attwell are so afraid of letting the big teams down.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
We have no cause for complaint with the officials and I don't think Man Utd do either. Not to belittle their efforts, but I can only recall one offside from either team in the whole game, very few bad tackles (mostly mistimed) and not that much diving.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Generally I thought he was good but lost control of the shootout.

Weghorst should not have been near March ahead of his pen.

From the 4th pen onwards, de gea was up by the pen spot , treading on or around it. Utd took their last 4 pens about 6 inches back from the spot.

Since the world cup, refs are under instructions to be stricter on the dark arts. That needs all officials working together. One needs to control the keeper, one those waiting to take and the other the takers (outgoing amd incoming)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We have no cause for complaint with the officials and I don't think Man Utd do either. Not to belittle their efforts, but I can only recall one offside from either team in the whole game, very few bad tackles (mostly mistimed) and not that much diving.
He also didn’t fall for the antics of this tit

88B7C4C2-05B2-4285-A359-2E68B5E2172B.jpeg

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Generally I thought he was good but lost control of the shootout.

Weghorst should not have been near March ahead of his pen.

From the 4th pen onwards, de gea was up by the pen spot , treading on or around it. Utd took their last 4 pens about 6 inches back from the spot.

Since the world cup, refs are under instructions to be stricter on the dark arts. That needs all officials working together. One needs to control the keeper, one those waiting to take and the other the takers (outgoing amd incoming)
Whilst United's nefarious tactics were obvious and frustrating, Pawson did as much as he could in the circumstances. He was quick to stop each instance and if we're serious, what good would a De Gea booking have done us in that context?

He was fine yesterday, think he generally got things correct, and having seen it back, the Mitoma foul on De Gea would've been the harshest second yellow given this season.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tried to play the advantage where he did. Generally decent and didn't take too much rolling around BS

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Whilst United's nefarious tactics were obvious and frustrating, Pawson did as much as he could in the circumstances. He was quick to stop each instance and if we're serious, what good would a De Gea booking have done us in that context?

He was fine yesterday, think he generally got things correct, and having seen it back, the Mitoma foul on De Gea would've been the harshest second yellow given this season.
I would say that a booking means he doesn't do it again. A keeper can be sent off in a shootout and then has to be replaced by an outfield player who finished the game.

Not sure its been done before though

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I would say that a booking means he doesn't do it again. A keeper can be sent off in a shootout and then has to be replaced by an outfield player who finished the game.

Not sure its been done before though
Yeah, maybe, but in reality it would've been farcical and De Gea was hardly Emi Martinez was he?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not a fan of Pawson, but I thought he had a decent game, although a Utd mate thought he was crap and couldn't understand how we had 11 left on the pitch at the end (no idea what game he was watching).

I had a few grumbles, the odd decision but nothing egregious and he was not biting on Bruno Fernandes' blatant cheating.

I'm quite happy to give the ref stick when he deserves it but fair play to Pawson, he was alright, no complaints at all. In fact it was a blessed relief to come out of a game not moaning about the officials.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here