Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Today’s ref - Craig Pawson

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
He was being roasted on Twitter for trying to hand the game to BHA.
I expect that's a function of the relative size of the two clubs' followings, rather than any objective standard.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He was being roasted on Twitter for trying to hand the game to BHA.
I expect that's a function of the relative size of the two clubs' followings, rather than any objective standard.
Yep. Led by Ten Haag and their players ridiculous over reaction to Webster rightly not being booked after he was slightly late to a challenge when their player had just been booked. It was never a booking for Webster though, just a ‘big club’ frustrated as not every decision went the way they demanded it for a change.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He did let the game flow but I'm surprised he didn't give out more yellow cards. Some players were constantly simulating

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
He did quite well. A few decisions seemed a bit odd but you always get those. Sooner football bans arguing with ref the better. Bruno is just disgusting. The bookings for United were all obvious. Mitoma could have gone down to get second yellow for lindelof.

I think Bruno is my most disliked player. Can you imagine supporting him every week? Just horrible.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Whilst still fuming about the incompetence of Stuart Attwell and VAR from 2 weeks ago, as one who always tries to defend referee’s usually, I have to give credit and say I thought Pawson was decent today.
Yes he was good. Let a lot go and didn't go for anyone's bullshit.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Good game overall, one or two iffy decisions but you're always going to get that.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Have to say Mitoma was lucky to escape a late red card.
There was a period of United pressure in the second half where I thought we were on the better side of him.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He did quite well. A few decisions seemed a bit odd but you always get those. Sooner football bans arguing with ref the better. Bruno is just disgusting. The bookings for United were all obvious. Mitoma could have gone down to get second yellow for lindelof.

I think Bruno is my most disliked player. Can you imagine supporting him every week? Just horrible.
Introduce the rugby rule. Captain can ask questions. No-one else.

It's insane to think that, by the nature of the game, rugby refs will always miss a lot more yet get far less back chat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here