Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays Argus - No Real Story

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Argus said that Sven and Hoddle have been discussed by fans as possible replacements. REALLY?

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
feels to me like the club happy not to do what most clubs do and just pay a manager off for a quiet life even when the manager probably deserved the boot - risky strategy as could easily delay pre-season preparations but if the owner and Board felt a line in the sand had to be drawn to (a) keep full control of the club and (b) make sure this club never got into financial trouble again and Poyet's sacking was deemed necessary to achieve that discipline, then get my full support. The LME blindly supports its players as does the PFA, I'm pleased to see our club take a stand against them as they seem to forget that without owners with deep pockets their members would be a lot poorer off then they are now days!

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Isn't whether Gus should have dealt with the retained list (and/or anything else) going to be down to whats in his contract and the detail of the wording?

I'm not saying he shouldn't have dealt with it just that at the end of the day its the detail that will say what they can sack him over.

I havent heard of anything major that would give the club carte blanche to sack and if I had I'm guessing they could have / would have with immediate effect rather than go through this long drawn out legal process.

I'm not so sure the problems are not financially based and thats whats caused the rift.

geniarse

Jan 2, 2012
It is free. I read it myself early this morning without paying a penny.

There's a free trial or something.

I've had the app installed for more than 7 days. It's only 'free' as you describe it from a fresh new install for the stated 7 days...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've had the app installed for more than 7 days. It's only 'free' as you describe it from a fresh new install for the stated 7 days...

1. Many people won't have installed it before now so will be able to read this morning's "exclusives" for free.

2. I last used the app many months ago when there was another "exclusive". Assuming my free trial had long since expired I deleted it from my phone this morning and re-installed it. Bingo - a free read again.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
1. Many people won't have installed it before now so will be able to read this morning's "exclusives" for free.

2. I last used the app many months ago when there was another "exclusive". Assuming my free trial had long since expired I deleted it from my phone this morning and re-installed it. Bingo - a free read again.

No flies on you Bozza

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Why drag Tanno and Oatway into this? There still seems to be nothing that could have included them.

This is the crux of the story for me and something which seems to have been glossed over much to my chagrin. :annoyed:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think it may be a case of reading into some of the comments. Lines such as 'throwing his weight around' etc may be the key ones. Some people could perceive that as something far worse if it is done in a perceived aggressive manner for example.

geniarse

Jan 2, 2012

Uninstalling the newsstand app 'The Argus' will NOT reset and allow you free 7 day use again.

I'm not going to continue to disagree with you as I learnt a long time ago you very rarely seem to back down when in the wrong. Some may say that's an admirable trait, others a character fault...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here