Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toby Inn Woodingdean closed . Good...

D

Deleted User X18H

....hope the Downs is next might persuade a few Woodingdeansters to get a job.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I lived in Cowley Drive for 3 years, just over the road from the Toby and only went in there a handful of times. Dreadful place

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
my mate who frequented that pub says that it's been closed because :-

"it's been smashed to bits by 20 odd whitehawkers with baseball bats after some idiot said we were waiting for them"

Apparantly, the owners find out today, via the courts, whether they can reopen, but that looks unlikely in the short-term!

Shame

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Perhaps if I tarred everyone who comes from Hove as a wanker, you might feel that the generalisation is not justified.

Likewise, I don't feel too enamoured towards someone who implies that anyone who lives in Woodingdean can't be bothered to work.

For the record, my family first moved there in 1947, and I'm proud to say so.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Woodingdean Gull said:
Perhaps if I tarred everyone who comes from Hove as a wanker, you might feel that the generalisation is not justified.

Ignore the frankly snobbish unthinking postings of a fool who thinks it amusing to abuse those he considers to be less fortunate. But what does he know.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
hove born&bred said:
....hope the Downs is next might persuade a few Woodingdeansters to get a job.

Tim

you do post some garbage sometimes

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"Tim

you do post some garbage sometimes"

quoted by Dies Irae

Sounds like Tim, nice but DIM.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Thank you for all your kind words especially you Dave.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
hove born&bred said:
Thank you for all your kind words especially you Dave.

well you did ask for it!!!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I lived in Woodingdean from 1987 through to 1997, and my folks still live there and I still have lots of friends there, nothing wrong with the place, in my view

D

Deleted User X18H

I think sometimes people forget that I grew up on a rough housing estate in Hove just round the corner from Harmsworth Crescent and Hardwick Road and appreciation of Irony is occasionally needed on an anonymous message board "!!!!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
hove born&bred said:
I think sometimes people forget that I grew up on a rough housing estate in Hove just round the corner from Harmsworth Crescent and Hardwick Road and appreciation of Irony is occasionally needed on an anonymous message board "!!!!

How strange, I lived my early child years in Woodingdean, then my teenage years near Hangleton park

:eek:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
hove born&bred said:

Doh. Irony now appreciated. You are right - they are a workshy mob up the Falmer Road.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's had its licence revoked because they've had major problems there twice in the last two weeks.

It got absolutely wrecked last Friday night.

Even if the landlady gets her licence back, I doubt she's got much of a pub left to open.

:nono:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What happened? Why was it smashed up? As has been said, Woodingdean's not THAT rough, at least I didn't think it was.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I have numerous mates from Woodingdean, all of whom I meet through work.

However I did hear a couple of funny stories about that pub. Apparently one night someone brought a horse into the bar and on another night some one pulled a fruit machine into the car park, hooked it up to an extension lead and proceeded to play it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Er.....without wishing to say too much, it appears as though a large group of guys turned up, armed with baseball bats and pickaxe handles (that much you can read in today's Argus), smashed all the windows in, and then proceeded inside where they battered everything in sight. Including, it appears, a couple of the punters.

Suffice it to say it appears a tad pre-meditated, presumably some kind of feud between a group of blokes with too much testosterone and too small penises.

I had to go up there, and they did a proper job on the place.

Bunch of tools.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here