Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] To what brands are you loyal?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Never understand why people say “I buy cheap”.

Okay. I guess if you’re really broke but buying cheap costs more in the long run because you have to keep replacing.

Better to buy an expensive shirt that lasts for 10 years than endless cheap ones.

You’re better off buying quality from a charity shop than tat from the high street. I’ve found some zingers at Emmaus, Sally Army, BHF etc .
Vimes socioeconomic Terry Pratchett

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Taking into account the average age of NSC's clientele, I was expecting a groundswell for...

... Werther's Original.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I used to think Heinz beans until they were subbed for Branston during lockdown & I haven't gone back.
Technics turntables
I used to think Timberland for walking boots until I was left with no other choice but Gelert waterproof ones (again during lockdown), Gelert have lasted longer, less than half the price, more comfortable & are far more waterproof. I do a lot of walking.
Trespass for warm, waterproof coat.
I was going to say Cadburys for chocolate until I realised that I've been quite happily munching on a box of celebrations!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yorkshire Tea. Everything else is just shit in comparison.

Sketchers trainers. Found them the most comfortable.

DeWalt. Only because I bought my first cordless as a DeWalt but then got all the other tools to be able to swap batteries. They have been pretty good and their cordless nail guns are quality.

Whole Earth crunchy peanut butter. No sugar, not diarrhea sloppy and lots of crunch.

Dell computers. Had many over the last 20+ years and only ever had one crash and burn on me.

McVities digestives. No other biscuit ever graces my cuppa and all other brands just don't cut it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've been buying Claudios shirts for over 20 years now. DNA Groove. Brexit has really helped there as he's an Italian in Spain, but I must have top notch pure cotton or cotton/linen shirts. 😎

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whole Earth crunchy peanut butter. No sugar, not diarrhea sloppy and lots of crunch.
Peanute butter always has to be crunchy. I hope you're a 'shreds in my marmalade' man as well?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Collector of penhaligons.
Must have over 60 different bottles.
Don’t touch any other fragrances

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
I’m not a big fan of Heinz Baked Beans. The Waitrose own ones are lovely.

M&S is reliable - but the quality definitely is nowhere near what it used to be. I seem to go through socks more often than waiting for a new pack at Christmas.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Apple (phone)
Gamebore White Gold
Brighton & Hove Albion
Coughtrey’s Butchers
eBay (selling)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron