Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To those who stayed til the end...

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Our supporters looked tinpot tonight, i'm afraid.

Absolutely this.

The 4 rows in front of me in the North practically emptied within 2 mins of their second going in.

My wife was watching on TV and said it looked awful.

Normally I am all for people leaving whenever they like, as I travel a fair distance to the games myself and understand, but that understanding has run out tonight.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
It's been a fantastic season and as gutting as tonight was the very least the team deserved was to be applauded for their efforts at the end. I stayed to applaud the team off and those that didn't should be ashamed of themselves. The stampede to get out after the second goal was embarrassing, show a little respect.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Absolutely this.

The 4 rows in front of me in the North practically emptied within 2 mins of their second going in.

My wife was watching on TV and said it looked awful.

Normally I am all for people leaving whenever they like, as I travel a fair distance to the games myself and understand, but that understanding has run out tonight.

I was in a pub in Bristol with about 100 supporters from various teams. People laughed 3 times- when they showed everyone with those bloody clackers, when they showed the supporters not singing just after we conceded even though we had over 20 mins left and then, of course, the mass exodus.
I love this club, and i know we need the supporters to gain success- jesus, they paid for a seat not me- but COME ON!! Reminded me so much of Reading.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Every teams ground would be empty after two down with just extra time left v your rivals.

Second time in my life since 1991 I have left before final whistle.

Never realised how many people busted out early!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Guinness Boy and I stayed until the end, but I don't really think it matters. People pay their money, and do what they wish. Perhaps those who watched from home thinking "ohh, that is bad them leaving early" ought to buy a ticket themselves next time!

In any case, lets just try and be satisfied that we've witnessed our best season since 1991 and be thankful for what we have got. A well run club with a wonderful stadium, 30,000 fans, new training facilities not far away and one of the best Chairman a club could wish for.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Good grief some people need to get off their high horses. I left about 2 minutes into the added 5 because:

1. It was plainly obvious we were not going to get anywhere near scoring a goal.
2. The last thing in the world I wanted to witness was 2000 or so Palace fans celebrating knocking us out of the play offs
3. I was googling pissed off

If that upsets anyone, tough titties.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
People talk as though this only happens at brighton. It doesn't. It happens everywhere when a team are no longer in the game so stop trying to make out you're the better fans.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Stayed to the end ..to those that left early and having a moan on this thread..a reminder the thread title is ''to those that stayed to the end''...i dont care that you left ....whats more important is we lost to fekin palace and dont go to wembley ..sob

PS Trying to leave Bridge car park..nitemare!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just got home thanks to some bizarre kettling on the footbridge over the station to let the Palace fans through. Could have been home about an hour earlier if we'd legged it on the final whistle as usual, but after the season Gus and the players have given us I think it's an hour of my time well spent in staying to applaud the team off the pitch tonight.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Just walked through the door: stayed until the palace players left the pitch. ****ing hurt like hell. Will make when we do get promoted all the more sweeter mind.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Not going to read through this thread as it's ridiculous. Well done for supporting your side through 90 minutes of a play off semi final? Why bother with the other 47 games if you can't manage that. As for those of you that left? Pathetic. Some people webt to hereford, gillingham and god knows where else to save this club. I bet they were there at the end

Bet lost then. I was at all of the latter to save the club, now have an 8 year old daughter with me and wasnt going to stay on after that second goal went in as didnt want to risk getting caught up in any trouble, just to be there at the end to watch the palace fans and team celebrating. Wouldnt usually leave early, but sometimes you make decisions for all sorts of reasons. I have clapped the team and shown appreciation plenty before tonight and don't feel any shame or less of a fan for making my decision to leave early.

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
Just got in, clapped the players off for the great season we have had. Sour end to it but that's football, I'm still breathing.

Journey home not helped by the A23 being shut!

gully is my god

Apr 13, 2011
Hove
I left as soon as the 2nd hit the net. I couldn't bear to watch them celebrate, however, I hardly think I was 'abandoning the club'

Good grief some people need to get off their high horses. I left about 2 minutes into the added 5 because:

1. It was plainly obvious we were not going to get anywhere near scoring a goal.

Sorry, didn't realise we only need to act as supporters when a goal is scored.

It was picked up on by the Sky commentators, who went as far to say they were shocked by the behaviour of our "supporters" and mentioned this several times.

I'd say its embarrassing for the club and the more hardy fans as we will get a reputation of being made up of fair weather fans.

I have never been one to judge "plastic or new fans", in fact I hate the term and the snobbery, but out of interest did either of you sit through the tough games at the Withdean? I can't believe you could put up with that but cant wait 5 minutes to show your team some support at the end of the season, at the end of a game that will have disappointed the players greatly.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Sorry, didn't realise we only need to act as supporters when a goal is scored.

It was picked up on by the Sky commentators, who went as far to say they were shocked by the behaviour of our "supporters" and mentioned this several times.

I'd say its embarrassing for the club and the more hardy fans as we will get a reputation of being made up of fair weather fans.

I have never been one to judge "plastic or new fans", in fact I hate the term and the snobbery, but out of interest did either of you sit through the tough games at the Withdean? I can't believe you could put up with that but cant wait 5 minutes to show your team some support at the end of the season, at the end of a game that will have disappointed the players greatly.

I personally couldnt care one bit about what Sky say. Nor do I care if we get called tinpot, plastic or any of the other gorgeous new phrases that are constantly spewed. All I cared was that I had my 8 year daughter there and it was not an enjoyable experience for either of us and what with the potential for trouble, I decided to leave early. Thats it. And yes, by the way I was at Gillingham, Withdean and the Goldstone and do not generally as a rule leave early. I love the club, but sometimes I make my own personal decisions, as I am my own person.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Got home about midnight. Surprisingly I was more irritated about being forced to walk around the entire ground in order to join the back of the massive Mill Road queue than I was by the result.

Terrific season from the team, and didn't disgrace themselves tonight. It just wasn't our day.

Brighton Gull

Apr 14, 2011
Brighton
I hate leaving early & the team deserve better but my lift complained all through the match that it was boring (not sure if we were actually watching the same match!) & got up & shot out after the 2nd goal. I have walking difficulties, so had to go, but waited 20 minutes for him to find his car & then realise he'd left me behind when he hit the A27! Lousy night compounded. How much is the car park? I'll save for that & drive myself & then I'll be able to say well done properly to the lads in the team!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here