Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To the Slade Out Brigade

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Can I suggest you get yourself down to Withdean for the next game, it may change your very negative views on this team. We are light years away from the shit that Adams served up last year. We even have a player who can run at defences at pace for the 1st time in years. Enjoyable stuff, win or lose

Yesterday’s game and the Southend game showed how far we have come from last season. Slade still has a lot of work to do and IMO his position is still under threat but the standard of football has really improved even if results might suggest otherwise. I desperately want Slade to succeed and last night performance suggest he might just be getting things right.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry Icy the during the last 3 seasons at Withdean I almost lost the will to live on several occassions. Its was TURD 90% of the time.

I got fed up of getting pissed on as it rained 90% of the time, watching woeful football from both sides and watching us lose week after week.

I have had a season ticket for the last 10 seasons but could not justify the expense with the budget I have and sitting at home watching a film with a bottle of wine is more appealing nowadays.

I notice now I have not gone it has not rained in all 6 matches and we have won 2 in 6 but to be honest I have not missed it at all and not even been tempted to stump up £ 27or whatever it is.

Now where did I put my slippers ?.

I totally agree but give it a whirl, I think you'll enjoy it. Over the last three seasons, i have wanted to leave after 15 mins most games but not any more. :thumbsup:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Can I suggest you get yourself down to Withdean for the next game, it may change your very negative views on this team. We are light years away from the shit that Adams served up last year. We even have a player who can run at defences at pace for the 1st time in years. Enjoyable stuff, win or lose

I'd agree with that, you should get down there. I would rather get you on side rather than hear all your negative endless 'opinions'.
I'd go as far as saying that it is the most entertaining football for many years. We arent getting the right results every time but, my god, it's edge of the seat stuff.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The thing is, if you don't know whether you're better off with or without a manager, sacking them is rarely the right decision (unless perhaps you have the funds and position to get an amazing manager as a replacement, and we don't). It takes time for new players to gel and Slade did enough last season for me to think it's worth giving him a lot longer to get the team sorted.

I have declared what I think is the right decision - I think he should stay, and have our support.

I've singled you out because you sent me a text saying "Slade out. Nice bloke. Shame he can't motivate one of the biggest and most expensive squads in the league."

You may not have been totally serious, but that's why I singled you out.

Classy. I can count the number of calls you've made in recent years on captain hook's hand but you're not adverse to having a posting private texts, tongue firmly in cheek, onto a public website in order to point-score. Nice. :wozza:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Great result and performance that I hope will shut you up for a while.

The team we had out tonight is something approaching Slades best team and if he can keep them all fit I have no doubt we can start climbing the table.

A big well done to the players and coaching staff for tonight but this is only where the hard work starts. All they need is the full and unequivocal support of us all, we are in this together and a far stronger force when we're all pushing in the same direction.

More for Saturday please.

:ascarf:

Christ! You do realise that we scraped a win against Gillingham? I'm delighted with three points, but it hardly makes Russell Slade a candidate for Manager of the Month!

As I have said before, he is likely to keep us up, but that is not enough with the money Tony Bloom has allowed him to spend. The run at the end of last season was automatic promotion form, anything less that the Playoffs will be a failure - new players or not!

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Glad you spent the middle of the night trawling the archives for your pathetic point-scoring attempt! As I said, find me the words saying I wanted Slade out and I'll eat some humble. But you won't. Twisting/editing other post to suit your purpose doesn't count. We can all do that, it's like me selecting the words "a, you, twat, are" from various postings, rejigging them and hey ho, presenting you with "evidence".

Rumbled. No editing/twisting involved.....It took 2 minutes to find the post backing Slades removal and I didn't stay up to do it, I work nights.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Rumbled. No editing/twisting involved.....It took 2 minutes to find the post backing Slades removal and I didn't stay up to do it, I work nights.
wrong again! That thread was talking about the comparative deja vu with last season - and in that context, before last night, it was difficult to argue that the anti-adams "brigade" might also be right this time. 'Cause everyone was saying similar things then. But results didn't improve so the anti-adams crowd were vindicated weren't they? Only time will tell if the anti-slades are right or wrong. But Jesus wept, you are allowed to say we've not had the best of starts without it meaning you want Slade sacked........ especially on a chat-site.....:wozza:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
you're not adverse to having a posting private texts, tongue firmly in cheek, onto a public website in order to point-score.
What? I'm not after points, as you've pointed out I rarely post here and I don't care. I haven't quoted anything personal, and I said with the quote that you may have been joking, I was only explaining why I posted your name on this thread, I meant no offence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here