Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To the Slade Out Brigade

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
moaners on here aint got a clue, if they actually went to the games they would see we are getting a lot better and will be a force in the league, just maybe not this season, but after last year we're lucky to be in this league and thats something that has got to be taken into account and the fact that look at the state we were in last year player wise, the squad is twice as strong as last year and the players so much better... theres positive things to come they just dont come overnight.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That means you Portlock Seagull!

I just don't get the 'sack 'em quick' mentality. That mentality combined with supporter power gives us Newcastle United.

We'll have more bad performances and results, and the brigade will be spout their drivel again, but I'd stay with the guy almost regardless. I still can't work out how he kept us up last season.

Talk about sing when you're winning! You only sing when you're winning!! Just cause some of us have the balls to declare one way or t'other rather than swing with the wind ......:bigwave:

Anyway, being serious for a moment, not sure why you've singled me out because I've never said Slade should go (find me a thread where I said Slade should be sacked and I'll eat some humble pie. But you won't, because there aren't any). In fact, I even went as far as saying it's not about sacking anyone, despite the undeniable fact Slade's record this season was poor. It's improved a bit tonight though, and long may it continue because we really do deserve better given the recent investment compared to other clubs.

Hope to hear from you again - get yourself into the 100 posts+ club (but you'll need to sing when we're losing too in order to do that... :yahoo:)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I am firmly slade in, but didn't we get threads like this after each of Micky Adams' wins? At least let us get a run of decent results before trying to getone over on the anti-slade brigade.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Hanging on by the skin of his teeth to his job, and I went did you.

Go & support Chelski/Arsenal/Crawley Town/An Other Team please, you f***ing RETARD. :bla:

Well said Crodo, btw - & well done to the lads tonight. Keep on keeping on. :clap:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
IF we can carry on playing games as we did in the first 30 minutes tonight, we will STORM up the table. No question whatsoever.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Anyway, being serious for a moment, not sure why you've singled me out because I've never said Slade should go (find me a thread where I said Slade should be sacked and I'll eat some humble pie. But you won't, because there aren't any

In reply to a post suggesting we must learn from not sacking MA last season.....the implication clearly being Slade should be sacked.

Difficult to argue with that. I was arguing to keep Adams when the pressure was mounting this time last year in similar circumstances. Turned out the anti-MA group knew what they were talking about in the end. Who's to say the anti-Slades aren't right this time too? There's a lot of deja vu around BHAFC for sure!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Breathing space for Slade and 3 games out of 3 where I have been thoroughly entertained, what a difference a year makes. Doubt we'll do better than mid table at best though, this is a very inexperienced team that looks vunerable for at least 10 mins a game.

Is it me or has the quality of this division improved massively? I was pretty suprised at how well Gillingham played. Loads of pace and no little skill.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
We're good for at LEAST six points from our next three games too, this hopefully is the start of our season proper.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
After last night it's surely only a matter of weeks before Slade will have us lifting the UEFA Cup, Stanley Cup, Ryder Cup, Wimbledon Women's Shield thing, FA Cup, European Cup, Fairs Cup, Zenith Data Windscreens Shield, a tea cup, Heisman Trophy, Vince Lombardi Trophy and Paralympic Gold in the shot putt. Keep the faith pop pickers! Russell IS da man.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I am firmly slade in, but didn't we get threads like this after each of Micky Adams' wins? At least let us get a run of decent results before trying to getone over on the anti-slade brigade.
Indeed. It got SO tedious last year as after each defeat there'd be the 'Adams out!' threads and after each win there'd be the "Ha! Where are the Adams haters now? That's shut you up hasn't it?" threads. In fact this season's a bit worse as the 'Slade out!' brigade, although a minority, have been quite voiciferous since late September; I don't think the 'Adams out!' bandwaggon really got rolling until mid November.

As has been pointed out one swallow doesn't make a summer and let's just enjoy the win without reading too much into it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The truth is no one knows, before or after tonight, whether keeping Slade was a good decision yet.
The thing is, if you don't know whether you're better off with or without a manager, sacking them is rarely the right decision (unless perhaps you have the funds and position to get an amazing manager as a replacement, and we don't). It takes time for new players to gel and Slade did enough last season for me to think it's worth giving him a lot longer to get the team sorted.

Just cause some of us have the balls to declare one way or t'other rather than swing with the wind
I have declared what I think is the right decision - I think he should stay, and have our support.

not sure why you've singled me out because I've never said Slade should go (find me a thread where I said Slade should be sacked and I'll eat some humble pie. But you won't, because there aren't any).
I've singled you out because you sent me a text saying "Slade out. Nice bloke. Shame he can't motivate one of the biggest and most expensive squads in the league."

You may not have been totally serious, but that's why I singled you out.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
FFS, can't you all stop bitching, moaning and point-scoring and just enjoy the win. The truth is no one knows, before or after tonight, whether keeping Slade was a good decision yet. You'd have to be an imbecile to think the jury was in with either verdict.

Very important win, sounds like a great display from the lads as well.

Word.Why can't peop,le accept fans have DIFFERENT opinions on Slade with out all the " I am a bigger fan than you as I support him through thick and thin " bollocks.

Its a good result before we call form a queue to give Slade a blow job lets remember we have 13 points from 12 games and with 3 wins and 7 losses in all games so excuse me for not getting too overexcited. If we win 4 in a row I may start getting in a tissy wissy like the posters on here have done after 1win at home against a poor side.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Word.Why can't peop,le accept fans have DIFFERENT opinions on Slade with out all the " I am a bigger fan than you as I support him through thick and thin " bollocks.

Its a good result before we call form a queue to give Slade a blow job lets remember we have 13 points from 12 games and with 3 wins and 7 losses in all games so excuse me for not getting too overexcited. If we win 4 in a row I may start getting in a tissy wissy like the posters on here have done after 1win at home against a poor side.

Haven't read the whole thread so you may have already answered this, but did you actually go and if so were you not entertained?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was at home and watched Hotel Rwanda with a bottle of wine.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was at home and watched Hotel Rwanda with a bottle of wine.

Can I suggest you get yourself down to Withdean for the next game, it may change your very negative views on this team. We are light years away from the shit that Adams served up last year. We even have a player who can run at defences at pace for the 1st time in years. Enjoyable stuff, win or lose

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In reply to a post suggesting we must learn from not sacking MA last season.....the implication clearly being Slade should be sacked.

Glad you spent the middle of the night trawling the archives for your pathetic point-scoring attempt! As I said, find me the words saying I wanted Slade out and I'll eat some humble. But you won't. Twisting/editing other post to suit your purpose doesn't count. We can all do that, it's like me selecting the words "a, you, twat, are" from various postings, rejigging them and hey ho, presenting you with "evidence".

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sorry Icy the during the last 3 seasons at Withdean I almost lost the will to live on several occassions. Its was TURD 90% of the time.

I got fed up of getting pissed on as it rained 90% of the time, watching woeful football from both sides and watching us lose week after week.

I have had a season ticket for the last 10 seasons but could not justify the expense with the budget I have and sitting at home watching a film with a bottle of wine is more appealing nowadays.

I notice now I have not gone it has not rained in all 6 matches and we have won 2 in 6 but to be honest I have not missed it at all and not even been tempted to stump up £ 27or whatever it is.

Now where did I put my slippers ?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here