Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To lighten the mood - joke du jour

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Pourquoi l'éléphant peint ses ongles d'orteil rouge?
Parce qu'elle veut se cacher dans un arbre de cerisier.

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
Maintenant is my favourite French word, for now.

The only other French word for now that I can think of is actuellement, so i assume this is your least favorite French word for now?

Was there a time when you preferred actuellement, or have you always been an actuellement hater?

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
I made up a sort-of-joke while cooking yesterday and would welcome the considered feedback of NSC's resident experts.

"I'm making a brine, but the pesky salt crystals just won't dissolve. C'mon guys. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

No? Oh well, please yourselves then.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The tinkly bell hatted pixie known as "Noddy" translates as "Oui, Oui" in French and is much loved by English children who enjoy toilet humour!

Don't forget that while watching Oui-Oui, the French kids are probably drinking Pschitt lemonade.

Oh how we laughed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What's French for "midfielder"? I bet it's not as cool as the word the Spanish and Italian have for it: CENTROCAMPISTA

Is there a cooler word for anything in any language? No, there isn't.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
As my grandad used to say:

'Can I ave orses doofers? Murky buckets!'

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It is reported that when Voltaire was the guest of Frederick the Great at Sanssouci Palace, they exchanged puzzle notes. Frederick sent over a page with two picture blocks on it: two hands below the letter P, and then the number 100 below a picture of a handsaw, all followed by a question mark. Voltaire replied with: Ga!

Anyone know how to solve this Rebus puzzle?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
It is reported that when Voltaire was the guest of Frederick the Great at Sanssouci Palace, they exchanged puzzle notes. Frederick sent over a page with two picture blocks on it: two hands below the letter P, and then the number 100 below a picture of a handsaw, all followed by a question mark. Voltaire replied with: Ga!

German soup? I hope it was Spargelsuppe.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

I've got this bit... Cent sous scie = Sanssouci... not sure about the first bit or the reply.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
I've got this bit... Cent sous scie = Sanssouci... not sure about the first bit or the reply.

Deux mains sous P = Demain souper (soup tomorrow)

Ga is "big G little A" or in French G grand, a petit.

= J'ai grand appetit. (I'm hungry.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here