Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"To be around players like us may be a life-changing experience for them"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm well aware that I am in a privileged position. I have been lucky enough to visit many less developed countries (not second world). I fail to see how rubbing shoulders with a Southampton player is going to transform their lives. It's FIFA boloocks being spouted by a dense player.

Meeting Lallana will probably not change their lives.

Meeting or being found by a Dutch nun and being taken into their orphanage is a life changer (as i have witnessed). Having their education funded by a player, who might be willing to spare a days wages or pulled out of the shanti town/slum and given a new existence will change their life. Not having a bloody kick about with an England player.

It would be very easy to change their lives, but the rich and aspiring rich don't always want to share.
I think you're being harsh and a little poo-faced here BoF.

The fella was taken to a shanti town had a kick about with some kids then had a microphone shoved in his face, (all part of the job - but not his actual job).
Since recording began, just about every professional 'talker', Wicker, Palin, Price, will start with 'it's impossible to describe this place'.

Lallana's words out of context are wrong, they're not brilliant in context, but he's certainly not putting himself above Ghandi, Nuns, Drogba & Bellamy.

I'm certainly not going to right off this young man after his reaction to what was possibly his first experience of abject poverty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here