Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid Potter Bashing - the staying up tracker - season 2019-2020 Game 38 UPDATE

Today has me believing that we won't stay up for all the possession we just don't have the confidence or it seems knowhow to win games anymore. Never did I think we would be in this position after playing best football I had ever seen us play at palace. Potter is just simply not working for us

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The Albion website’s extended highlights maybe flattered us, but having watched it I am thinking “ ******* hell, how did we not win that & Palace must be the luckiest team alive”
Surely to goodness the ball will go in for us soon . Everything looked right except the vital final ball....... 23 shots with 8 on target .

It will happen ! Soon , you’ll see

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
We’re gonna need to beat one of the top 6. We need a result we least expect.

It’s gonna be close, just like last year. Not what I wanted.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I’m probably clutching at straws but we could pick up 4-6 points in the next 4 games. Wolves looks the trickiest game but Leicester are in poor form and Arsenal and Man Utd are beatable.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I’m probably clutching at straws but we could pick up 4-6 points in the next 4 games. Wolves looks the trickiest game but Leicester are in poor form and Arsenal and Man Utd are beatable.

In recent times our record against teams in poor form (wednesday, bournemouth, west ham) or beatable sides (palace, villa, watford, bournemouth, wednesday) is tremendous.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The irony is that I fancy us to do a number on a top six club at home more than anyone else.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We have to, now. Or perhaps 3 pts as a minimum.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
In recent times our record against teams in poor form (wednesday, bournemouth, west ham) or beatable sides (palace, villa, watford, bournemouth, wednesday) is tremendous.

As I said, I am probably clutching at straws but we haven’t outplayed very often this season so it’s still possible we could pick up points in the next 4. We can’t give up yet.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
One point back today, still five down.

Attachments

• NSC Fixtures 29.png
    NSC Fixtures 29.png
    75 KB · Views: 418
  • NSC Graph 29.png
    NSC Graph 29.png
    118.5 KB · Views: 415

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We will pick up some more bonus points in the next 3 games.

I’m also finding solace that our final 3 games will be against sides very much on the beach. That could be our saving grace.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

I’m also finding solace that our final 3 games will be against sides very much on the beach. That could be our saving grace.

:lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

That was mentioned by Stelling and co on Gillette soccer Saturday earlier today.

Dec 29, 2011

The importance of a team fighting for their life (a staying-up bonuses) Vs a team who have had a long tiring season shouldn't be underestimated. Hopefully the last three are meaningless for the opposition, and reading your post has given me the first bit of positively I've had about staying up since the Chelsea game!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

The CoronaVirus could help if the last two away gams are behind closed doors.

With no home crowd the game would have a training ground feel about it meaning the side that wants it the most is more likely to prevail.

Although I fear Burnley could be playing for a European place. They have a massively easy run in now.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Prediction based on the others with similar assumptions:

Arsenal 49
Newcastle 47
Palace 44
Southampoton 43
West Ham 38
Watford 38
Bournemouth 36
Brighton 35
Norwich 34
Villa 33

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Could see getting nothing out of the next three (though far from impossible to grab a point or three somewhere). Key game is against Norwich, win there and I think the last three games will do it.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Palace to Palace was the critical point garnering period for us. We went from +4 points ahead of the 40 point tracker to -6 points behind. We totally blew our chance to have a comfotable finish to the season.

From here on, it will be tough. The only consolation is that others around us have similarly difficult finishes. I know it's obvious, but this will be tight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here