[Albion] To Avoid Potter Bashing - Staying Up Tracker - 2020/21 - Game 38 Update - 1 OVER

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So we weren't expected to do well, and have actually managed to do even worse?

I always think "expected" should be in quotation marks. I've never suggested that I expected (no quotation marks) these results. But they are "expected" based on the formula used.

I hope that clarifies what this "expected" means. I expect so anyway.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Going by the same criteria used for the Brighton tracker, yes: Win against bottom half at home and draw against them away, and lose every game against the top half.

It's NOT "expected" points, it's just an easy-to-follow target per game to reach 40 points.

I get it in relation to us and predicted results and getting to 40 points

I don’t get it for the other teams. For example, Leics have 18 points but this table says that’s 10 too many and they should only have 8?! That would place them above us in 15th

Liverpool should have 9 less (ie 8 points?) etc etc

Me no understand :moo:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I get it in relation to us and predicted results and getting to 40 points

I don’t get it for the other teams. For example, Leics have 18 points but this table says that’s 10 too many and they should only have 8?! That would place them above us in 15th

Liverpool should have 9 less (ie 8 points?) etc etc

Me no understand :moo:

The 'expected' is 40 points.

edit:40 points because it is a 'staying up tracker'

So to get those 40 points Leicester would need to take 4 points from each of the bottom ten clubs, 3 at home and 1 away..... and no points from the rest of the top ten.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
The 'expected' is 40 points.

edit:40 points because it is a 'staying up tracker'

So to get those 40 points Leicester would need to take 4 points from each of the bottom ten clubs, 3 at home and 1 away..... and no points from the rest of the top ten.

Thanks for attempting to explain

I will give up as clearly everyone else understands except me!!!

I will just enjoy the thread in terms of how we are doing and our chances of staying up. I won’t worry about Leicester :lolol:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I really like this.

However I would have by now taken Everton out of the teams we're getting points from and put in Sheffield U.

Just to make it more accurate.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Thanks for attempting to explain

I will give up as clearly everyone else understands except me!!!

I will just enjoy the thread in terms of how we are doing and our chances of staying up. I won’t worry about Leicester :lolol:

The issue is when this tracker is applied to all Premier league teams, the "expected" end of season position is a 20 way tie for the title and or relegation spots with all teams finishing on 40 points.

Obviously that isn't going to happen, but as a way of gauging how well teams are really performing against their current league position, it's as good as any method.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I really like this.

However I would have by now taken Everton out of the teams we're getting points from and put in Sheffield U.

Just to make it more accurate.

Whilst that’s clearly not how this works, it is a way to make us feel a bit better. If we swap Everton and Sheff Utd, then we’re only two points behind :banana:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Whilst that’s clearly not how this works, it is a way to make us feel a bit better. If we swap Everton and Sheff Utd, then we’re only two points behind :banana:

Until we then swap Southampton and Villa and Leeds as well...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Back in the game. Lovely. Cracking goals from Danny and Solly today. I'm calling them Dolly. Brighton's latest great celebrity couple. Let's have more Dolly.

Just one behind.

Attachments

• NSC Fixtures 9.png
    NSC Fixtures 9.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 324
  • NSC Graph 9.png
    NSC Graph 9.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 316

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
We are only forecast to get 6 points from the next 10 games. Looking at today’s performance I suddenly have a lot more belief. Amazing what a win does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports