Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid De Zerbi Bashing - The Staying Up/Europe Tracker - season 2022-23 FINAL Update - 22 OVER

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We only need 8 points for europe as spurs and villa play each other.
We still need 9 as Villa and Spurs can both get to 64 points if they draw when they play each other and win all their remaining games. 8 would leave us on 63 points.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
One of Villa's games is against us.
That still doesn't change anything.

If Villa and Spurs win their 3 remaining games and draw the game between each other they'd both be on 64 points.

We would still need to get 9 points to reach 64 points. 8 points from our remaining games would not be enough if the above happens. 9 would be because of superior goal difference.

8 points would be enough if the Villa vs Spurs game ends in a victory for either side.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Update after yesterday and today's games. 6th/7th bordeline, But top 7 looks nailed on. not far off 3rd are we? Imagine if we had got 5 more points against Spurs and Palace as we should have done...

NSC Others 32a.png

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Update after yesterday and today's games. 6th/7th bordeline, But top 7 looks nailed on. not far off 3rd are we? Imagine if we had got 5 more points against Spurs and Palace as we should have done...

View attachment 160636
I'm not counting the Palace points in my head. We went 1-0 up anyway after that, and still managed to throw it away - so there's no guarantee we would have got the extra couple of points, it was of our own doing. But the Spurs game we basically did everything we could and won handsomely. That's the three points that got taken away...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I bloody am!
Me too. If the decision had gone our way as they admitted it should have done then we win that game. That’s 2 points plus the 3 points from spurs that VAR wrongly cost us. I don’t see the difference between Spurs and Palace other than the multiple errors at Spurs.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Eeeeeeeeeek. Down to 20 over and now just 1 over Europe. A win at Arsenal would make up for yesterday...

NSC F 33.png

NSC G 33.png

NSC E 33.png

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The league table. Predicted 7th.

NSC Others 33.png

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Safe, another season in the top league. Everything else is a bonus.
It's true - we're guaranteed Top-10, which was the stated aim at the start of the season, so we've hit the target. :thumbsup:

But... ...with Europe still in our grasp it would feel like a failure not to get there...

Damnit, I'm ENTITLED.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Europe tracker says we need 5 more points. I think we will get at least that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's true - we're guaranteed Top-10, which was the stated aim at the start of the season, so we've hit the target. :thumbsup:

But... ...with Europe still in our grasp it would feel like a failure not to get there...

Damnit, I'm ENTITLED.
I think a lot of have considered we might. be, but I don't think that's the case.

We may never have a better chance to qualify for Europe...

- The best ever squad of players we have ever had, performing well before some are snatched away by big money.
- The under-performance of clubs expected to fair better: Chelsea, Spurs and, to a lesser extent now, Liverpool.

Next season could see the now-Big 7

So, should be fail to embark on a European Tour, it wouldn't be wrong to feel disappointed, not because we have any divine right for that, but because it's within our grasp right now, and we don't know when that will happen again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think a lot of have considered we might. be, but I don't think that's the case.

We may never have a better chance to qualify for Europe...

- The best ever squad of players we have ever had, performing well before some are snatched away by big money.
- The under-performance of clubs expected to fair better: Chelsea, Spurs and, to a lesser extent now, Liverpool.

Next season could see the now-Big 7

So, should be fail to embark on a European Tour, it wouldn't be wrong to feel disappointed, not because we have any divine right for that, but because it's within our grasp right now, and we don't know when that will happen again.
Didn't we feel that way before the Middlesbrough game in 2016? Never a better time to get promoted to the PL. It may not happen again.
It did the following season.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Didn't we feel that way before the Middlesbrough game in 2016? Never a better time to get promoted to the PL. It may not happen again.
It did the following season.
Not quite the same though is it. The gap between us and the emergence of the big 7 is likely to get bigger as Chelsea and Spurs sort themselves out, Liverpool will have a better season and Newcastle will undoubtedly spend big in the summer. This may just be the only season realistically to get in that top seven for several years to come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here