Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid De Zerbi Bashing - The Staying Up/Europe Tracker - season 2022-23 FINAL Update - 22 OVER

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A win for us on Saturday combined with Southampton failing to beat Man City...

...and it'll be time for the 2022-23 Teams That Can't Catch Us thread. :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Updated after Sunday/Monday games.

NSC Others 26a.png

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
League table. With lots of potential bonus points for us up for grabs, this may be a distorted view for now.

NSC Others 27.png

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Anyone else looking at third?
Absolutely, we should be. Beat Spurs on the weekend and we should be considering them behind us. We still play Newcastle and ManU before the end of the season. Beat those two, and we only need to find another point more than them to match their points. We currently have a better GD than ManU, and within touching distance of Newcastle - and, IMO, if we're going to match their points then there's a good chance we edge ahead. Our win last night puts extra pressure on both ManU and Newcastle tonight. Every time we win, they need to match us with a win of their own.

The difficult part is that we still have Arsenal and ManC to play as well. But absolutely, a 3rd place position should be the target. It is (as of today) well within reach.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Absolutely, we should be. Beat Spurs on the weekend and we should be considering them behind us. We still play Newcastle and ManU before the end of the season. Beat those two, and we only need to find another point more than them to match their points. We currently have a better GD than ManU, and within touching distance of Newcastle - and, IMO, if we're going to match their points then there's a good chance we edge ahead. Our win last night puts extra pressure on both ManU and Newcastle tonight. Every time we win, they need to match us with a win of their own.

The difficult part is that we still have Arsenal and ManC to play as well. But absolutely, a 3rd place position should be the target. It is (as of today) well within reach.
Well yes, there is a real chance and we can dare to dream but I for one am trying not to dwell on it too much just now. I would hate for us to end up 5th and for me to be disappointed with that!

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Well yes, there is a real chance and we can dare to dream but I for one am trying not to dwell on it too much just now. I would hate for us to end up 5th and for me to be disappointed with that!
Take it one game at a time. Spurs next. The first of the 6-pointers in the top-4 race. (No, I don't currently include Brentford being in that race ... but if they win tonight they might be).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Updated after yesterday's games. Mostly highlighting that Leeds are back in the brown stuff. And Palace might yet catch Chelsea.

NSC OThers 28a.png

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
All the graphs and so on are very pretty but has anybody actually noticed that WE ARE MATHEMATICALLY SAFE!

and with zillions of games still to go!!!
Yes , they have

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here