Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid De Zerbi Bashing - The Staying Up/Europe Tracker - season 2022-23 FINAL Update - 22 OVER

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ahead of Everton see below the overdue update. I'm not going to Merseyside tonight so should be able to update immediately after the game tonight you'll all be pleased to hear. :)

No change from losing to Arsenal against the relegation tracker but it was 3 points dropped against the European tracker. All level on Europe now.

Comparison with other teams to follow which makes for better reading, especially if you're a Brentford fan.

NSC G 16.png

NSC F 16.png

ps) does anyone know when the Bournemouth and Palace are going to be arranged? Haven't they had long enough to decide on this?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And the comparison with the others which keeps us in 7th (joint 7th). Just 3 points separating 3rd to 8th.

Really interesting to note how far adrift Man City are from Arsenal, mainly because they haven't played many of the top six. Will change in the coming weeks. Have Arsenal already got this in the bag?

And look how tight it is at the bottom. Bournemouth starting to be cast adrift in this table?

NSC Others 16.png

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ahead of Everton see below the overdue update. I'm not going to Merseyside tonight so should be able to update immediately after the game tonight you'll all be pleased to hear. :)

No change from losing to Arsenal against the relegation tracker but it was 3 points dropped against the European tracker. All level on Europe now.

Comparison with other teams to follow which makes for better reading, especially if you're a Brentford fan.

View attachment 155334

View attachment 155335

ps) does anyone know when the Bournemouth and Palace are going to be arranged? Haven't they had long enough to decide on this?
I've been concerning about this too. I suspect they're waiting for the two rounds of the FA Cup in January before making a decision as, potentially, dates could emerge as a result of that.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've been concerning about this too. I suspect they're waiting for the two rounds of the FA Cup in January before making a decision as, potentially, dates could emerge as a result of that.
Makes sense I guess. If all of us go out of the cup it makes life easier.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
... and if none of us do it means we've lost potential dates.
I think they are factored in already (ie no PL fixtures for at least the next few rounds of the FA Cup) -- that's what normally happens but, then again, this is an unusual season.

Edit: just had a look at Saturday's programme and the weekends are free for FA Cup fixtures in rounds 3 (6-9 Jan), 4 (27-30 Jan) and 5 (listed as Wed 1 Mar -- so looks like a midweek set of fixtures for that). We have PL fixtures for rounds 6/QF (Man U home 13 Mar) and 7/SF (Man C home 25 Apr) -- chances are that at least one of those will have to be moved.

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
11 over.

Hey Mr Giraffe - any way of combining the Europe and Staying up spreadsheet tabs into one tab? The Europe one is the one to watch now!!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Spinal Talbion

Out of interest, what’s the most we’ve ever been above the line?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
If the Bournemouth & Palace games come after Leicester, then the least we can be is 11 over at the halfway stage. Carry on like that and we're looking at 62 points!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
League table after last nights games.

NSC Others 16a.png

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And the European tracker. We have to be very consistent through to the end of the season to get to 60, but will 60 be enough? ???

NSC E 16.png

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We must have had a much harder season so far than Newcastle
That is certainly what is suggested. It is slightly distorted though because what it means is they have had less opportunities to get the bonus points. They stil have 4 of the big six at home to come for example. You wouldn't bet against them getting some bonus points there.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
And the European tracker. We have to be very consistent through to the end of the season to get to 60, but will 60 be enough? ???

View attachment 155379
60 is not enough for 7th more often than it is, and 7th is not always going to give you European competition.
70 is nearly always enough for top 4, and guaranteed CL qualification, so we can get a little excited if we are 14 over at the halfway mark, which a win and a draw in the next 2 games could give us, and a bit more excited if we are 16 over, which 2 wins would give us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here