Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid De Zerbi Bashing - The Staying Up/Europe Tracker - season 2022-23 FINAL Update - 22 OVER

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not to be a portent of doom but I now predict a bizarrely flat and tired performance against Wolves. Perhaps a 0-0/1-1.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think it's notable there's no Norwich, Bournemouth, Nottm Forest, Burnley, etc etc. Teams who will sit 11 behind the ball at the Amex generally don't get beaten.
Yes. But we've also not beaten Spurs (twice), Villa , Leeds, Newcastle, Leicester , Liverpool, Palace, Southampton, and Chelsea in games at the Amex in 2022. Winning games in the PL is tough, for everyone, and we don't win often so difficult to suggest there are hard and fast patterns.

*Chelsea, Leicester, Leeds - we've played twice and won one of em.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes. But we've also not beaten Spurs (twice), Villa , Leeds, Newcastle, Leicester , Liverpool, Palace, Southampton, and Chelsea in games at the Amex in 2022. Winning games in the PL is tough, for everyone, and we don't win often so difficult to suggest there are hard and fast patterns.
Agreed. We do seem a little unusual though. In that I can remember numerous occasions of us playing shit teams and just KNOWING there was no way we were ever going to score. And vice versa - playing good teams and just carving them open.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Agreed. We do seem a little unusual though. In that I can remember numerous occasions of us playing shit teams and just KNOWING there was no way we were ever going to score. And vice versa - playing good teams and just carving them open.

Perhaps the European super league isn't such a bad idea ... As long as we're in it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We do ! Forest and Norwich being good examples although we just played poorly v Burnley. I think we've also had that problem against good sides too - last couple of times we played Palace for starters.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I like to think that the evolving De Zerbi style with moving the ball faster will make it more likely we can break down the weaker teams. May take a while to get there though.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Unknown.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Based on the tracker, RdZ could have expected 4 points from the first 7 games (given it included Liverpool, Tottenham, Man City and Chelsea)
To get 8 points (+4) is pretty impressive.
Hopefully 3 points next week. 11 from 8 would be a very impressive start.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Based on the tracker, RdZ could have expected 4 points from the first 7 games (given it included Liverpool, Tottenham, Man City and Chelsea)
To get 8 points (+4) is pretty impressive.

Nothing against the tracker, but we're hoping to be a top half team now, rather than just hoping to avoid relegation. Indeed we were a top half team last season, and were 4th when RdZ took over, and should gave been aiming for more than 4 points.

To finish where we want, I'd hope for a point at home to Spurs and Chelsea, 3 against Forest, and perhaps 4 away to Brentford and a (currently) poor Wolves. Given we have a new manager, 8 is good enough, but under Potter I'm not sure it would be any more than par.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here