Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tip.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
If your losing anyway this is true, and by the look of the tipping contest you speak from experience.

Ive had 3 figure payouts for ew and place bets. In fact my last one tonight in Dundalk came in second at 10/1, which I have put in various bets, a lot place only.

And what exactly did you invest the £1.25p in?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Cheers lads for the kind words, but I'm costing folk too much money. It bothers me and it's no good.

You shouldn't take it to heart and dont stop. Anyone who loses money itis down to them, its their choice wether to bet or ot not yours.

What would be a good idea is just a general tips thread then people could at least back track if they so wish and see what the persons current form is. I did make some constructive critisisms with my comments and you can happily ignore that DUNCE Ernest.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If a tipster put up a profit/loss running on total like the tipsters do in the Racing Post you can then tell if the tips are worth following or not

I've had a look through my Tip threads, and I think I've tipped 7 winners and 33 losers from 40 horses. These are the winners and prices mentioned at the time of tipping (not their SP's):

Balmont Flyer 100/30
Imperial Shabra 11/2
Hawk Moth 33/1
Minety Lass 5/1
Master of Light 7/2
Court Wing 12/1
Swansea Jack 9/1

I've probably tipped others that are buried away in other threads mind!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I've had a look through my Tip threads, and I think I've tipped 7 winners and 33 losers from 40 horses. These are the winners and prices mentioned at the time of tipping (not their SP's):

Balmont Flyer 100/30
Imperial Shabra 11/2
Hawk Moth 33/1
Minety Lass 5/1
Master of Light 7/2
Court Wing 12/1
Swansea Jack 9/1

If you remember the system I flagged up on your tips and back them on the next run if they got beat which tipped up a few nice priced winners, I still say half the fun of betting is sorting the horses and races yourself rather than lump on Pricewise or other tipsters

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If you remember the system I flagged up on your tips and back them on the next run if they got beat which tipped up a few nice priced winners, I still say half the fun of betting is sorting the horses and races yourself rather than lump on Pricewise or other tipsters
Sorting out a winner from the form (and reading between the lines) is what's it's all about. I don't really get tips from tipsters, just a weird collection of people who I know that are involved in racing (a blacksmith who shoes at a couple of training yards in my area, an assistant trainer at a yard in Lambourne, a work rider at a Herefordshire jumps yard, a horse feed merchant, a horse transporter, an Irish trainer and an on course bookie amongst others!). I've met these guys through my previous job and my dad's (low level) ownership.

I've enjoyed doing the tips, the ups are brilliant when they win but I genuinely do worry about losing people money, which has happened a lot recently.

So there you go.

:)

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Balmont Flyer 100/30
Imperial Shabra 11/2
Hawk Moth 33/1
Minety Lass 5/1
Master of Light 7/2
Court Wing 12/1
Swansea Jack 9/1

Good line up, you'll have to find 30 consecutive losers from now before going negative (& giving up!?)

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Mac---don't worry , you are not forcing anyone to follow your tips. We are all adult and old enough to make our own minds up..... No nanny state and all that....

Tips are a great thing in my opinion and especially sweet when they come off. I remember a story, maybe true but I see no reason to doubt it's validity, about the old Lewes Racehorse trainer Mick Masson. Every race-day at Brighton he used to have a haircut in a barbers shop at Preston and his 'end of haircut' tip was either (cash -which signified he had no horses winning today) or a piece of paper with a horses name on.
Anyone old enough to remember the old guy who sold racing tips for 10p in the general course area at Brighton? The tips were sealed in thickened paper, about the size of a tea bag. Very very few ever won........

So Mac , keep em coming mate, I and many other take a lot of enjoyment reading your reasoned and informed postings.

TNBA

TTF

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorting out a winner from the form (and reading between the lines) is what's it's all about. I don't really get tips from tipsters, just a weird collection of people who I know that are involved in racing (a blacksmith who shoes at a couple of training yards in my area, an assistant trainer at a yard in Lambourne, a work rider at a Herefordshire jumps yard, a horse feed merchant, a horse transporter, an Irish trainer and an on course bookie amongst others!). I've met these guys through my previous job and my dad's (low level) ownership.

I've enjoyed doing the tips, the ups are brilliant when they win but I genuinely do worry about losing people money, which has happened a lot recently.

So there you go.

MacK, dunno if NSC has the facility to do a 'Group PM' but I for one would certainly be interested in any further tips that might happen to come your way. It has never crossed my mind for a second that you were 'losing me money' and I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that way. Information is information, and I'd far rather have it than not have it. Keep 'em coming!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Mac---don't worry , you are not forcing anyone to follow your tips. We are all adult and old enough to make our own minds up..... No nanny state and all that....

Tips are a great thing in my opinion and especially sweet when they come off. I remember a story, maybe true but I see no reason to doubt it's validity, about the old Lewes Racehorse trainer Mick Masson. Every race-day at Brighton he used to have a haircut in a barbers shop at Preston and his 'end of haircut' tip was either (cash -which signified he had no horses winning today) or a piece of paper with a horses name on.
Anyone old enough to remember the old guy who sold racing tips for 10p in the general course area at Brighton? The tips were sealed in thickened paper, about the size of a tea bag. Very very few ever won........

So Mac , keep em coming mate, I and many other take a lot of enjoyment reading your reasoned and informed postings.

TNBA

TTF
8 horses in a race the conman has 8 envelopes each with the name of one of the horses in it, sells all 8 envelopes to race goers and at least one will think he has been given privileged information and will tell his mates

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
8 horses in a race the conman has 8 envelopes each with the name of one of the horses in it, sells all 8 envelopes to race goers and at least one will think he has been given privileged information and will tell his mates

Is this him?

article-0-122B302F000005DC-691_306x423.jpg

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007

So there you go.

Tango Sky was the last horse I followed of yours, which was in a random thread. It won at 8s I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here