Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tip.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ran OK, jumped well, tired at the end and couldn't shake off that winner all the way round. Happy enough with the e/w. Cheers MacK :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
When you first started these you nearly always won. But over time sadly you have morphed into [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION]. For this reason, sadly, I'm out.

Oy Simster. I had 5 winners in a row last year !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well the money was down, we were leading over the last but were just outstayed. Gutted.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
i know nothing about betting which the rest of the post will demonstrate............i put £5 on e/w at 5-1 which cost me £10. I got £9.50 back! have i been very stupid?

You had Rule 4 deduction of 10p in the pound due to a non-runner. One of the reasons not to bet e/w.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
errr....ok! if you say so. although if i hadn't bet each way i would be 10 quid down instead of 50p down!

Each to their own, I keep a record of all my bets and they indicate that I'd have made less money than I did if backed e/w all the time.
I do back e/w sometimes but the win single is my preference.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
EW bets is for mugs, you end up losing double
Those betting EW on my 150/1 cycling tip, who rolled in second, would disagree.

Oh god it feels good to drag those old bones out of the cupboard, one more time :lol:

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
A tip doesn't mean a winner will follow, it merely means the chances of success are better than the quoted odds.

Sort of not really. A tip is a "tip off" to some hidden information. This is either in the form of "ready to run well" which is stable information and only tells you its in with a chance so about a fair price. Wereas a proper tip is one given with reasons for having an advantage, ie ahead of the handicap mark, This can be, trained on, ill last time etc. This should be better tan quoted odds.

The OP gave no reason why it should be backed and I wouldn't of if I had seen it early enough. There has been proper tips on here that ive backed(they won) but this isn't

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
EW bets is for mugs, you end up losing double

If your losing anyway this is true, and by the look of the tipping contest you speak from experience.

Ive had 3 figure payouts for ew and place bets. In fact my last one tonight in Dundalk came in second at 10/1, which I have put in various bets, a lot place only.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sort of not really. A tip is a "tip off" to some hidden information. This is either in the form of "ready to run well" which is stable information and only tells you its in with a chance so about a fair price. Wereas a proper tip is one given with reasons for having an advantage, ie ahead of the handicap mark, This can be, trained on, ill last time etc. This should be better tan quoted odds.

The OP gave no reason why it should be backed and I wouldn't of if I had seen it early enough. There has been proper tips on here that ive backed(they won) but this isn't
Why isn't it a proper tip?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here