Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tip

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I was working last night, the chap (sports journo) was happy with the service (No, not that sort of work!!) and told me to back Shield in it's next race. It's a young horse and should win the next race?
I searched and found shield running In Cheltenham, I thought it was today, if Shield is running today or before that race then the tip was intended for that!
I have posted it on here, what you do with it is your own!

Please tell me though if he/she has an earlier race.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I was working last night, the chap (sports journo) was happy with the service (No, not that sort of work!!) and told me to back Shield in it's next race. It's a young horse and should win the next race?
I searched and found shield running In Cheltenham, I thought it was today, if Shield is running today or before that race then the tip was intended for that!

Entered up at Cheltenham next week in the bumper only but without wanting to do much pissing on your parade it goes against all the major stats for the race so be wary of backing it, but you will be welcome to bounce this next week when it hoses up by 10 lengths

super-seagulls

Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Entered up at Cheltenham next week in the bumper only but without wanting to do much pissing on your parade it goes against all the major stats for the race so be wary of backing it, but you will be welcome to bounce this next week when it hoses up by 10 lengths

I only gamble for fun, so will never cry if I don't win.

As for thread bouncing; I wouldn't dream of it!

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
No Stats book to hand but point still stands - I'd rather back an Irish one than an English trained one.

Cue Card - What was the other one?

Cheltenian, which has recently reappeared after a long layoff with an injury and is among the six-day acceptors for the Supreme on Tuesday.

The most interesting thing about Shield is that it is trained by Aidan O'Brien and going to be ridden by Joseph, so would surprise no-one if it did manage to win, but at the same time, the bare form of its win last weekend doesn't really look up to it.

It may well be an Irish winner again (think it's 7 out of 10 rather than 9, because Liberman gets in under the wire) but the interesting Brit one for me is Empiracle, from the Jeremy Scott yard. One run in October and put away specifically for this race and the better spring ground. Trainer is the latest ex-farmer to be showing considerable promise now he's turned to horses, but even after Melodic Rendezvous winning the Tolworth, he's not yet on the radar for many punters. There's no end of possible winners, but even at single-figure odds, he'll get a bit of my cash.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

So you took his advice and backed a horse without either you or the journalist knowing what standard of race it was next running in...that's why you both have to work nights

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Cheltenian, which has recently reappeared after a long layoff with an injury and is among the six-day acceptors for the Supreme on Tuesday.

The most interesting thing about Shield is that it is trained by Aidan O'Brien and going to be ridden by Joseph, so would surprise no-one if it did manage to win, but at the same time, the bare form of its win last weekend doesn't really look up to it.

It may well be an Irish winner again (think it's 7 out of 10 rather than 9, because Liberman gets in under the wire) but the interesting Brit one for me is Empiracle, from the Jeremy Scott yard. One run in October and put away specifically for this race and the better spring ground. Trainer is the latest ex-farmer to be showing considerable promise now he's turned to horses, but even after Melodic Rendezvous winning the Tolworth, he's not yet on the radar for many punters. There's no end of possible winners, but even at single-figure odds, he'll get a bit of my cash.

I may well have a nibble on Cheltenian. The way My Tent or yours won at Newbury I can't see any other winner but 7/4 in a novice race isn't my idea of value (especially when my mate advised it at 14-1 which I ignored, the bastard) and I have memories of Dunquib and Cue card who were beat in recent years to name but 2. Then again, they were not rated 160+

I'll leave the bumper until the day now. I just checked the market and my ante post on Sizing Tennessee is still 25-1 (ladbrokes) but may well get backed nearer the time especially with Willy Mullins record in the race. I may well hedge and re-invest. For such an essentially nothing race, I've had more tips on this race than any other every year at Cheltenham (note the earlier ''no winners'' comment) over the god knows how many years I've been.

Largely my ante post is littered with Donald Mccain horses. Super Duty, Our Mick and Cinders and Ashes are the main three. As for the Gold Cup, the way Cape Tribulation stayed up the hill in its last race is where I will be investing.

super-seagulls

Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
So you took his advice and backed a horse without either you or the journalist knowing what standard of race it was next running in...that's why you both have to work nights

He knew what he was talking about, I misunderstood!
I don't imagine he works nights, and believe it or not I enjoy my job, which involves working afternoons, evenings and nights. It is a choice, but even if it wasn't your choice of words there seem very condescending, almost childish!
Do you live in Vegas? Most people work nights there, what do you do?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

I may be wrong here but looking at the last 10 years of the Cheltenham bumper none of them have gone onto super stardom or even won another race at the Festival, Dunguib looked a world beater but that turned out misguided and even Cue Card hasn't set the world on fire

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If people posting 'tips' could provide a bit of background as to where the tip came from ie owner/trainer/jockey/journo/my granny/bloke in bookies/my cleaner/Me it would save us all a lot of bother & help to decide how much hard earned (if any) to invest

It came from reading in the paper, that Joesph O'Brien, son of top FLAT trainer Aiden O'Brien is riding his father's horse in the champion bumper next Wednesday. So the source was a Daily Rag.....Richard Hughes( much better jockey, than Joesph and two winners from two rides at Lingfield today) is also riding in the race for Mick Channon. That could be interesting but it's certainly not a tip, just something I read in the rag.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I may be wrong here but looking at the last 10 years of the Cheltenham bumper none of them have gone onto super stardom or even won another race at the Festival, Dunguib looked a world beater but that turned out misguided and even Cue Card hasn't set the world on fire

Didn't Best Mate win the bumper Ernest???..That is off the top of my head and could be totally wrong. But you are right, it's not really a breeding ground of champion chasers. Maybe champion burgers lol......Roll on next Thursday,,,,I will be down there.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
assuming most on this thread are big race fans but if anyone didn't know Coral are suppose to be offering EVENS for Sprinter Sacre tomorrow morning at 9. £20 max bet

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
assuming most on this thread are big race fans but if anyone didn't know Coral are suppose to be offering EVENS for Sprinter Sacre tomorrow morning at 9. £20 max bet

I posted that earlier but on another thread with Hills odds this week, the firms seem to having a competition. Anyway it is not on in the shops only by phone or internet. If it was in the shops it might have been worth a tour from the Grenadier to Blatchington Road to George St (if its open yet ?) to 7 Dials to St.James St having the score on at each. Evens on a 1/4 shot is a giveaway but £20 limit is not worth the bother.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Just to bounce another worthless tip, didn't get anywhere near the leaders as I said it wouldn't

True, although criticism of the Bumper looks a little less inspired now that both Champagne Fever (1st) and The New One (6th) have gone in from last year's renewal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here