Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tino Livramento

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Correct, yes.

The agreement is only between Southampton and Chelsea.
Technically we could effectively take over the contract that he has with Southampton and absorb all the T&Cs, we did that when we signed Mooy from Huddersfield. However typically these type of deals normally only apply to free transfers and Southampton will want a transfer fee for Livramento. So if we bid and it’s accepted and Chelsea don’t match etc then the buy back clause ends.

And even with a buy back clause the player still has a say, he can’t be forced to re-sign with Chelsea.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Technically we could effectively take over the contract that he has with Southampton and absorb all the T&Cs, we did that when we signed Mooy from Huddersfield. However typically these type of deals normally only apply to free transfers and Southampton will want a transfer fee for Livramento. So if we bid and it’s accepted and Chelsea don’t match etc then the buy back clause ends.

And even with a buy back clause the player still has a say, he can’t be forced to re-sign with Chelsea.

A buyback clause is agreement between the clubs, not the club and the player.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

That’s interesting (re Mooy, as he had City buy back clause), I’d never heard that before.

All seems very un-Brighton like, as we like to be in control generally, that’s why I find the reported Mac Allister terms surprising.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
That’s interesting (re Mooy, as he had City buy back clause), I’d never heard that before.

All seems very un-Brighton like, as we like to be in control generally, that’s why I find the reported Mac Allister terms surprising.
Mooy also had a set fee release clause for any club in the Chinese Super League. Hence his sudden move to China (again this was something we inherited when we effectively took over his contract from Huddersfield).

These clauses aren’t something we do regularly and there seems to be a lot of focus that there was some sort of clause for Mac Allister but it was widely reported (and often ignored) that it wasn’t a traditional release clause and we would have a say as to the final outcome, which wouldn’t be the case with a normal set fee release clause.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

A good time to buy him would be this month when Chelsea are trying to balance their FFP. I doubt they’d want to match our fee.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I thought he was excellent in his first game back at the Amex. Would be a superb piece of recruitment in an area we are weak in.

Absolutely this. Was so good that I said to my daughter at the time that just him and JWP were worth going for.

You can't tell much from the 15 odd mins but he looked like a cut above the rest of the dross in red and white.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Get it done, he will be pretty cheap with his injury record and lack of game time

if injuries are sorted he will be great

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Reminder that the player agreed to join us it was virtually a done deal and saints swooped in at the last minute. I think at the time we couldnt gaurantee him as a starter (which might be a sticking point again)

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Reminder that the player agreed to join us it was virtually a done deal and saints swooped in at the last minute. I think at the time we couldnt gaurantee him as a starter (which might be a sticking point again)
No guarantee certainly, but we spent most of last season with various players playing out of position at RB so he ought to feel confident he could nail down a place

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Naylor saying there's a chance.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
He would be a tremendous investment for the future based on what he showed in his first season at Southampton.

It feels unlikely, however, that he would he would up and leave them almost immediately after such a lengthy lay-off and the rehabilitation that goes with that. That doesn’t really tend to happen unless I’m missing some obvious examples?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

No guarantee certainly, but we spent most of last season with various players playing out of position at RB so he ought to feel confident he could nail down a place
We're also a different proposition now. This time, he'll get to use his passport!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
He would be a tremendous investment for the future based on what he showed in his first season at Southampton.

It feels unlikely, however, that he would he would up and leave them almost immediately after such a lengthy lay-off and the rehabilitation that goes with that. That doesn’t really tend to happen unless I’m missing some obvious examples?

He will feel a degree of loyalty, and as such wouldn't look for a transfer just because they were relagated.

But, if Southampton receive a decent offer and are inclined to accept it, I'm sure he'd be willing to see what we had to say.

Let's not forget that we've been chasing him for a while, and that also counts for something in a players mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here