Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Timewasting from the 20th minute

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Bitterly disappointed that there’s been no credit given so far to the East Standers who showed Muff how time wasting should really be done: supporter holding on to the ball in added on time, and then only throwing it back on when play had started with another ball was class. Disruption in play probably won us the match. In the east stand, when we’re awake, and if we’ve not left early to get the bus, we can be right bastrds.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Any head injury should require the player to be taken off and assessed for a minimum of 5 minutes. With no substitution for the player that is off the pitch.
Whereupon #teamslikeTHELeedsUnited would begun their coordinated 'accidental elbow to the face' drills.

At least with no opposition players on the field for 5 minutes, they wouldn't be able to take kick off, so would only concede one goal...

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Weirdly they were us causing some problems when they did try to play. Far more than Forest did. You can understand why though (the low block anti-football bollocks not the time wasting) when you could see what would have happened if they tried to play open or pressed us, in stoppage time their back 4 pushed up, I’d say if they’d done that earlier we’d have come away with a much more comfortable win.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Timewasting. So Bournemouth pretty bad, Forest did it a bit. Watching Villa carry out this (and an assortment of other unsavoury tactics) a season or so ago was like watching the advent of mechanised warfare such was the new level they were willing to take it.

But my question is this. Does it help them?

I don't think it does. Because yes they might take 10 mins out of a game and it might earn them a point or a win. But at what cost?

The housery on display is clearly carefully rehearsed and thought through and comes down from the manager. So all week, the manager is effectively saying to his players "we're not as good as them, we'll have to cheat to get a result" And yes sometimes they will get it, but ultimately that level of negativity is all pervasive and that obvious lack of belief coming from manager to players in my mind will lose a lot more points than it gets.

Personally I'd rather have a manager who wants to use his finite training time, playing football and sending them out with the message "you're the better players, play well and you'll win" That sort of positivity is what really gets you up the league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here