Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Times you've thought DID I JUST SEE THAT!??

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I was driving on the A303 near Andover one evening and a car drove towards and past me going the wrong way on my side of the dual carriageway. It took a good few seconds to register that he was blasting the wrong way at a good 70 MPH. Fortunately, there were very few cars around. Then, about 2 years later, exactly the same thing happened on the same stretch of road (a different car though). I believe there have been several drivers killed on that stretch of road due to driving the wrong way on the carriageway.

You sure it's not you driving the wrong way?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The middle-aged woman being served ahead of me in our local shop was charged £3.72 for her shopping.

Instead of spending five infuriating minutes scratching around in the depths of a multi-compartment purse for the EXACT amount comprised from an impossible number of coins, she simply proffered a fiver, pocketed the change and promptly walked out with her shopping.

To this day I still cannot account for this freak event.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
The middle-aged woman being served ahead of me in our local shop was charged £3.72 for her shopping.

Instead of spending five infuriating minutes scratching around in the depths of a multi-compartment purse for the EXACT amount comprised from an impossible number of coins, she simply proffered a fiver, pocketed the change and promptly walked out with her shopping.

To this day I still cannot account for this freak event.

Are you sure you weren't hallucinating?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
2 spring to mind ,a pint size American Comedienne trying to score drugs off of me and 2 mates in a bar in Rekjavik,despite none of us do drugs. Another time on a stag do in Vilnius chilling on a river bank when a very attractive young lady started paddling fully clothed and then stripped starkers and preceded to give herself a very intimate wash . Also on that trip the tramps that would hassle us a 6 am for a cig or beer dancing for us for a few pence as we stood laughing at them,but that was just cruel.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Two events spring to mind.

The first was a bit supernatural. We were in Cornwall and driving away from Saltash. Suddenly above us appeared a world war 2 type of plane. I saw it and then it quickly disappeared. I said to my wife about it and she confirmed that she saw it too.

A few days later divers found a plane from the war that had crashed in the see nearby. It still had the crew on board.

The non supernatural event.

We were driving back from Toulouse to Cahors and came face to face with the biggest wild boar I've ever seen. It started coming towards us and we waited for it to ram the car but just before it got to us it jumped into the woods.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That sounds AMAZING. Far better than a normal pitch invasion.

It was genuinely surreal, but they really were going at it hammer and tongs.

I may be wrong, but I've a suspicion that drink may have been taken before hand.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
In the 1970s, I spotted a chap in one of the waiting areas at Victoria Coach Station.
He was knitting.

Use to see a old boy knitting on the train on my way to work in the early 70's maybe it was the same fella?

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
A goth flashing her tits to me on a train
Was coming into Brighton and this goth bird was sitting opposite about 5 metres down the pretty empty train
Although not into goths this girl had a beautiful face so couldn't resist catching her eye
Just before we arrived she smiled and undid her trench coat and opened up and gave me a good few seconds viewing,she was starkers with no under garments although didn't catch what was going on downstairs
Intrigued I followed her out of the station and under the bridge bit, turning the corner was expecting her to be a few steps ahead when she just suddenly disappeared
Gone in a flash just like her flashing

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Driving on the road between steyning and shoreham flyover (near the chalk works) at around 1am. Car on the other side of the road was stood still with hazard lights on. Pulled up alongside it to see myself sat in my very own car just staring back at me!

Sounds like a Bill Hicks acid story. Care to elaborate?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I have also seen it early one morning trotting alongside the road massive size of a large dog but defiantly a cat

The large dog thing was my abiding memory. What i actually thought I saw was a golden retriever in the shape of a cat with the cat like tail and pointy ears. As I drove by, I slowed and stared in my mirrors looking for a 'dog owner' but there was no one there. There was traffic behind me so I drove on convincing myself I'd seen a dog, it wasn't until I googled 'sussex big cats' that i thought my eyes could have been telling the truth.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
A goth flashing her tits to me on a train
Was coming into Brighton and this goth bird was sitting opposite about 5 metres down the pretty empty train
Although not into goths this girl had a beautiful face so couldn't resist catching her eye
Just before we arrived she smiled and undid her trench coat and opened up and gave me a good few seconds viewing,she was starkers with no under garments although didn't catch what was going on downstairs
Intrigued I followed her out of the station and under the bridge bit, turning the corner was expecting her to be a few steps ahead when she just suddenly disappeared
Gone in a flash just like her flashing

She was probably hiding in a dustbin to try losing the nut case following her!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ha, that IS spooky. If you chat with the fourth, that would be very, very weird indeed:)

Frank the drummer . . . .mmmmm . . . . yes indeed.

I am reading John's autobiog right now. What was the contretemps with the Molesters all about? I shared a flat with one of the female singers. They were a rum bunch. Art school.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Frank the drummer . . . .mmmmm . . . . yes indeed.

I am reading John's autobiog right now. What was the contretemps with the Molesters all about? I shared a flat with one of the female singers. They were a rum bunch. Art school.

I haven't read the book yet but I do remember that they didn't think we looked punk enough. "I mean you have a Ted for a drummer. The only one who looks the part is the singer (points to me) and he looks gay". John may have different memories but that's what sticks in my mind.

Those were the days ....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I haven't read the book yet but I do remember that they didn't think we looked punk enough. "I mean you have a Ted for a drummer. The only one who looks the part is the singer (points to me) and he looks gay". John may have different memories but that's what sticks in my mind.

Those were the days ....

Yes, that's his recollection, too. They would have been 'chemically modified' at the time :ffsparr: :FFSPuncheon

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
One Saturday in the 90s I was on the M1 driving to an Albion match, I remember not where.

I was doing about 80mph, and was swiftly passed by a Robin Reliant in the third lane.

To this day I cannot understand how the driver kept control of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here