Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Times you've thought DID I JUST SEE THAT!??

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Getting on in years, quite a few.

Were driving south from Goa having asked our driver to stop should he spot anything exciting. Nodding off on the 4 hour journey, suddenly the brakes squealed and we were nudged a good few inches forward in our seats.

Stirred from our demi-slumber, amidst the confusion I saw our driver point and mutter something unintelligible.

Then it became clear. A cobra shooting across the road directly in front of us, moving at a considerable rate of knots being pursued by a couple of mongooses in apparent enthusiasm and vigour.

The outcome of this sprint is as of yet unknown. My money was on the pursuants.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Driving out of São Paulo airport in Brazil in 92 and a bloke was striding purposefully down the central reserve of the motorway, stark bollock naked.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I can't be the only one here driven out of Mumbai Airport in the early morning to witness the multitude of backsides comfortably seated upon their buckets along the highway (facing away from the tarmac of course) performing their ablutions whilst enjoying the morning newspaper.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Many years ago riding my moped late at night down a country road between Rusthall and Southborough (T Wells) approached a derelict church which was famously haunted, my little headlight caught a sort of apparition that came out of the hedge, stopped in the middle of the road then swooped into the church grounds.
It made me stop but as usual in these things I thought did I really just see that and was it a patch of mist but that would not have made me stop.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was walking from Glynde to Lewes at dusk one August evening in 2009. I turned a corner and looked in a field, only to recoil in horror at what looked, through fading light, to be an almost prehistoric animal walking around.

It was a Bactrian Camel. After emerging from hiding I got a lot closer and it turned out to be a friendly chap.

Scared the feck out of me, mind

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Driving through Lewes at dusk (a misty autumnal night) in 2006 when I spotted what looked like a big cat on the side of the road. I thought I must have been seeing things but the hairs stood up on the back of my neck when I googled Lewes big cat and the beast of Bevendean popped up.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Driving out of São Paulo airport in Brazil in 92 and a bloke was striding purposefully down the central reserve of the motorway, stark bollock naked.

I just missed a tube train and as it slowly moved away I saw, a bloke, stark bollock naked, standing in the deserted carriage.

That was about 5.30/5.45 in the morning, a time for seeing weird things. It was about that time that I saw a bloke have a crap at a bus-stop in Moulsecoomb and, on a train to Prague, I looked out of the window and saw a game of 5-a-side football, on a fully floodlit pitch (this was in December, it was very dark and very cold). I know that football's not an odd thing to see, but it is at 5.30 in the morning

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Steaming hot summer Saturday in Brixton 1997 around midday, woman standing casual as anything in a queue at a bus stop stark bollock naked. She might have had a bag with her.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I was once driving down a narrow country lane in the wee hours of a cold winter's morning when my car ground to a halt and I was hit by a glaring bright light.

Without fear I leapt from my car, believing myself fully prepared to meet whatever it was head on, not realising that those lights I had seen were from an extraterrestrial landing craft.

Suffice to say that this gleaming behemoth stopped me in my tracks, no matter what I thought was out there I wasn't prepared to see a ship hovering over me.

I stood stock still, not sure what to do next. My decision was made for me as, without any warning, the craft touched down (RIP Car) and a small imp-like creature emerged.

Now, I didn't understand any of the noises this little fellow was making but even I could tell it was seriously annoyed about something.

After the initial shock of the situation had subsided I set about trying to communicate with the creature and understand what was causing it such apparent distress.

Eventually, it produced a small spherical object for my inspection whilst waving a tentacle (oh yeah, it had tentacles) at a fairly noticeable dent on the side of it's otherwise immaculate craft.

It was then that I realised what had happened, with the dread of certainty dawning on me like the sun itself would in just a few short hours.

I knew then that I'd have to communicate to the creature that this apparent attack on their craft was nothing more than a mishap rather than the first salvo of an intergalactic war.

Using flashcards, morse code and the ever useful interpretive dance I managed to dissuade the creature from obliterating our planet and instead aim at the true culprit, the one responsible for causing such damage to his pride and joy.

I must confess that it was here that I decided to bend the truth as I couldn't let the real villain of the piece take the fall, not if I wanted to remain a true and proud Albion fan.

Thankfully, using the power of the internet, I could show my new friend video 'proof' of the item being launched into space as well as a clear image of the culprit.

Long story short, it departed vowing revenge on the earthling now known to it as 'Punch-Eon' and I could rest easy knowing that, for now, Leo will remain safe...well, as long as he can keep future spot kicks down anyway.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Driving to work one morning I saw a bloke running for a bus.
No surprises there you would have thought.
He had a guide dog in full harness and was carrying a long white stick, so I'm assuming he was blind !

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
a chum of mine negotiating tariffs/charges with a lady of the night in a night club in indonesia , once the bartering was finalised the despicable act commenced , immediately ....up against the bar and then moving slowly but purposefully to the middle of the dance floor........out of a group of 12 we were all too gobsmacked to retain photographic evidence......:whistle:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Driving through Lewes at dusk (a misty autumnal night) in 2006 when I spotted what looked like a big cat on the side of the road. I thought I must have been seeing things but the hairs stood up on the back of my neck when I googled Lewes big cat and the beast of Bevendean popped up.

I have also seen it early one morning trotting alongside the road massive size of a large dog but defiantly a cat

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Vicente carving his way through Derby a few years ago in an Albion shirt (before crashing that shot against the bar).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I just missed a tube train and as it slowly moved away I saw, a bloke, stark bollock naked, standing in the deserted carriage.

That was about 5.30/5.45 in the morning, a time for seeing weird things. It was about that time that I saw a bloke have a crap at a bus-stop in Moulsecoomb and, on a train to Prague, I looked out of the window and saw a game of 5-a-side football, on a fully floodlit pitch (this was in December, it was very dark and very cold). I know that football's not an odd thing to see, but it is at 5.30 in the morning

Another weird thing - I was in the audience at the 'inaugural' Brighton Riot Squad gig at the Vault, and have 'chatted' with 3 members of the band in the space of a month, without realising two of them were in the band. Now, that's spooky :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here