Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Times (Nick Szczepanik) say Coppell

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd like his return. He would make us play intelligent football, and you can't beat that. Or you can if you steamroller over the top of it or pummel right through it, but it's something i like compared to ball-humping.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Talk Sport had Wise in the frame this morning!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
The Times has us trying to snare Coppell, and the tabloid media (Mirror/Talksport) has us chasing Wise.

That says something. Not sure what though.

That both of them haven't a clue?!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm really not sure about any of the managers.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I see what mendoza is saying - when Coppell was interviewed in the summer of 2002 he didn't get the job because he gave the impression of not really wanting it. A few months later and we needed him big time and this was an issue I think that was then overlooked. While he was here, any doubts that his manner could have caused were pushed to one side as he had us playing, on the whole, intelligent attractive football. (I'll give the away game at Stoke a swerve as that was a poor match where we played for a draw and then got beat).

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
i think its most likely to be a straight choice between the management teams of Coppell and Wally Downes or Wise and Poyet

Brian Riggs

Aug 7, 2009
I see what mendoza is saying - when Coppell was interviewed in the summer of 2002 he didn't get the job because he gave the impression of not really wanting it. A few months later and we needed him big time and this was an issue I think that was then overlooked. While he was here, any doubts that his manner could have caused were pushed to one side as he had us playing, on the whole, intelligent attractive football. (I'll give the away game at Stoke a swerve as that was a poor match where we played for a draw and then got beat).

I'd also give Palarse away a swerve if I were you. THE worse performance I have witnessed by the Albion in over 35 years of supporting them...

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I'd also give Palarse away a swerve if I were you. THE worse performance I have witnessed by the Albion in over 35 years of supporting them...

ok...didn't go to Huddersfield away or at Stockport home this season then :glare:

At least we were playing against a team who hate us and so had a good reason to want to thrash us!

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
The Truth,

A fair point.....I actually like the bloke...as did I Adams of course........
I just don't want to see a repeat of Adams experience.....

Adam's left and done nothing

Coppell left and did very well at Reading

Coppell for me all the way

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Adam's left and done nothing

Coppell left and did very well at Reading

Coppell for me all the way

'Adam's left and done nothing', apart from being poor English, isn't quite right.

He did get Leicester promoted to the Premiership at the first attempt. He may have had a half-decent squad to work with in the first place, but he still had to get the job done.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
'Adam's left and done nothing', apart from being poor English, isn't quite right.

He did get Leicester promoted to the Premiership at the first attempt. He may have had a half-decent squad to work with in the first place, but he still had to get the job done.

i'm very sorry for my poor english.i'll put it another way then Adams was on a downward spiral when he came to us and stayed on it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here