Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to go large on Sunderland to be relegated...

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Poyet would keep them up, we know how good he is at setting his teams up to defend. If I was going to put money on a team for relegation it would be Palace, they have very little going for them on the pitch, around the ground or in the manager's office. Implosion coming shortly I expect. Palace also got lucky to play Sunderland at Selhurst during this fiasco with Di Canio, otherwise they'd probably have three points less than they have at the moment.

Poyet can set up a team to defend, but what happens when they go behind, they can't get back in the game. I'm not sure he will manage it, imho he is just one division above PDC. I am not sure what happened at our club but some of his words and actions do not lead me to have any respect for him. I hope Sunderland fans will enjoy playing with just one striker at home and a manager who says that ' he is bored managing a team that can't score goals', as he said of our team at this time last year. This is quite unlike me, however I would like to see him take them down ingloriously and we get them in the FA Cup!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
They need 13 wins or 39 points to get to the 40 point line, will be very difficult. If they stay up he has performed a miracle

Not only a miracle, but a first ever according to the Torygraph this morning...............

No club have ever avoided relegation with only one point from their opening seven games, Sunderland’s present position.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Not only a miracle, but a first ever according to the Torygraph this morning...............

Odd, because OptaJoe on Twitter said earlier that Newcastle had 1 from 7 in 99-00 and survived. That said, I still think 10-11 is a great price for them to go down.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well I really wanted Gus and Charlie to do well but I always feared they weren't up to it.

At least we will have something to look forward to next season in the Championship, the winnings should also help pay for some Albion matches...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Well I really wanted Gus and Charlie to do well but I always feared they weren't up to it.

At least we will have something to look forward to next season in the Championship, the winnings should also help pay for some Albion matches...

Terrible decision not to start Johnson but never fear......Gus will have jumped ship before the start of next season. Far too good for the championship :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Terrible decision not to start Johnson but never fear......Gus will have jumped ship before the start of next season. Far too good for the championship :lolol:

Perhaps he gets on with Johnson like he did with Vicente..

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Some not impressed with wor Liam on the player ratings out of 10:

Bridcutt- 2, Shite. Championship Player.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Can't help but get a sense of satisfaction from this. Gus and Bridcutt, too big for this club getting their comeuppance (or should that be comedownance)!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
They all seem to be calling for Gus's head.

I'm really looking forward to the Stadium of Light and a rocking night out in Sunderland next season

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Every time I see Oatway on the box is hilarious!

How that clown got a gig in the Prem is a mystery, maybe he has something on Gus we don't know about .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here