Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to get rid of LuaLua...

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Been poor all season. Probably best for him to move on if he wants game time. Quality League One player, nothing special at this level.

sums it up for me, shall not bother reading any more of the thread.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Has Buckley been toliet ever since he signed his new contract ???
f*** knows why he didn't give KLL 20 minutes.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
This poor all season does not wash, it doesn't take a genius to work out if you don't get a run in the side you are going to be poor, anyone can see Poyet has a problem with him, he doesn't get the same chances as other players do, One poor game and he turns into Lord Lucan, other players, and I'll mention no names so not to open up the old can of worms, can get away with prolonged periods of utter bollocks and others can get away with costing us games by losing their head in a childish fashion but they are rolled out week after week.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Whenever I've seen him play I can't help feeling he only has one trick up his sleeve. Great pace and thunderous shot but not convinced he's the real deal at a high level.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Whenever I've seen him play I can't help feeling he only has one trick up his sleeve. Great pace and thunderous shot but not convinced he's the real deal at a high level.

This is the thing, he literally has one trick - the step over combo he does. Yet somehow, last season at least, he managed to beat every defender with it, time after time. Doesn't seem to use it as much this season though.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Lua Lua is only ever used when we are chasing a game.

The defensive side of his game dictates that.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

On his brief appearances this season he has troubled most teams ( including Arsenal ) He can turn games and given a decent run will score goals at this level. He can wriggle to the bye-line and get behind teams.
Gus perseveres with the overrated Will Buckley. If ever there was a one-trick pony here's your man. Lets push it past the defender and hope for the best. Lets not worry if we keep giving the ball away.
He was appalling at Bristol. The worst performance in a BHA shirt this season. Are people honestly suggesting that KLL wouldn't have been better than this garbage? He lets the team down more often than not but Gus keeps picking him. Its about time our manager took the blinkers off and learnt some managerial lessons.
I feel sorry for KLL. He deserves better.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
KLL is not the player he was and it has NOTHING to do with game time. Put simply, his best moments for us were when he'd drag the ball past the defender, knock it on and then burn past leaving the defender lost, Kaz literally never does that anymore and his one seriously game changing attribute has been nullified as a result. It's as if his dodgy ankle and glass hamstrings have put a fear into him that his pace is a danger to him more that the defenders...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
On his brief appearances this season he has troubled most teams ( including Arsenal ) He can turn games and given a decent run will score goals at this level. He can wriggle to the bye-line and get behind teams.
Gus perseveres with the overrated Will Buckley. If ever there was a one-trick pony here's your man. Lets push it past the defender and hope for the best. Lets not worry if we keep giving the ball away.
He was appalling at Bristol. The worst performance in a BHA shirt this season. Are people honestly suggesting that KLL wouldn't have been better than this garbage? He lets the team down more often than not but Gus keeps picking him. Its about time our manager took the blinkers off and learnt some managerial lessons.
I feel sorry for KLL. He deserves better.

Very much agree with all of this. Two comments from neutrals this season - one guy, first Brighton game v Birmingham, Kaz comes on and is clearly our most dangerous player. Bloke can't understand why he didn't start. Exactly the same comment from an Arsenal fan after that game. He terrifies defenders and can change a match in an instant. I hope the real reason he didn't come on last night was because of the heaviness of the pitch, but I doubt it somehow.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
KLL is not the player he was and it has NOTHING to do with game time. Put simply, his best moments for us were when he'd drag the ball past the defender, knock it on and then burn past leaving the defender lost, Kaz literally never does that anymore and his one seriously game changing attribute has been nullified as a result. It's as if his dodgy ankle and glass hamstrings have put a fear into him that his pace is a danger to him more that the defenders...

This. He seems to have lost a MASSIVE part of his game.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
This. He seems to have lost a MASSIVE part of his game.

Based on what evidence? Didn't seem to have lost a MASSIVE part of his game when he was quite clearly MoM against Charlton and Millwall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here