Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to get rid of LuaLua...

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
People have short memories.

Not long ago he absolutely RAN Millwall after coming on after half an hour and won us a point from 2 down. That shortly after doing the same at Charlton.

He's started a couple of games and not been great. Buckley has started most games and not been great.

The management of LuaLua has been almost as bad as the off field stuff. Wingers are erratic. That's just how it is. If LuaLua comes on, has a good game, Gus starts him. Then if he doesn't do much in his first hour, he's dropped again for the next 2 months. Absolute madness.

To be fair, this is one point you've ever said that has any validity in it...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Been poor all season. Probably best for him to move on if he wants game time. Quality League One player, nothing special at this level.

arguable if he was so special at that level, maybe i didnt see enough but has always seemed a tad overrated because of pace. who did Norwich come in for?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
The game was made for him coz Orlandi touched the ball 4 times all night, not his usual self. Buckley actually came to life in 2nd half after a quiet 1st but he had a fruitless evening. I think dicker would have helped with quicker supply. Hammond just always seems to be playing in quick sand.

Snarkey5

Banned
Feb 8, 2011
i think we should get rid of lua lua and buckley, awful players, not good enough for us any more, we've moved onto bigger things, we're the big fish in this league now

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Sounded like the game tonight was screaming out for Kaz,should be used more,was the difference against Millwall.He does lack consistency but when he is on form is quality.A definate "keeper" in my book.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I couldn't agree more.

Problem is, when a game needs changing, like tonight, Poyet insists on not using him for some bizarre reason, if he's not gonna get a chance when the game is crying out for him then he may as well just go for his own good!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
He only suits certain games from the off, and then would come on only in the right situation. We all know he's a sub player so if he's fine with that there no problem.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I thought the game on Saturday was crying out for Kaz off the bench and then the Cyclone kicked in and won it for us anyway.

Last night it sounded like the game could have gone either way. Kaz still has a tendency to lose concentration defensively and whilst it would have been a good ploy to chase three points, maybe a point away from home against a team that have won five on the bounce at home, was worth holding on to.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I thought the game on Saturday was crying out for Kaz off the bench and then the Cyclone kicked in and won it for us anyway.

Last night it sounded like the game could have gone either way. Kaz still has a tendency to lose concentration defensively and whilst it would have been a good ploy to chase three points, maybe a point away from home against a team that have won five on the bounce at home, was worth holding on to.

May of sounded like the game could of gone each way I can assure you that it was never going our way. Poyet still doesn't take chances and it again proves the guy talks crap at press conferences. Last night was screaming out for Lua Lua due to the fact Buckley was inept.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Buckley has been distinctly average for some time now. Seems to have lost a yard of pace and no longer has the confidence to take on players. I hope this is a short term issue. Why oh why KLL isn't given more of a chance is beyond me - but I guess Gus knows his side best.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The pitch was very heavy and like a bog, having lost CMS injured, seen Calde get his studs caught in it trying to turn, the last thing that Poyet would have done is risk LuaLua with his slightly dodgy ankle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here