Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to do a deal with Chelsea

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Those 2 footballers chose Brighton, because one's path was blocked by a much better player, and the other was surplus to requirements and would've never had made it at our club.

Who are the others who wanted away, tho?
But Chelsea still wanted to keep both. They’d offered Lamptey a new deal which he didn’t sign and Tuchel was very reluctant to lose Gilmour on a permanent and only wanted to loan him out. So however you want to spin it they chose Brighton over Chelsea when Chelsea wanted them to stay.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'm not being a prick, but when I see severely delusional takes, i will call it out.

Trying to pretend that Chelsea isn't an upgrade on Brighton in every single which way regardless of current form is laughable. The reality is Chelsea is a step up from Brighton in both the near and distant future and to argue otherwise is insane.

Now, I understand that this is a Brighton board, so it will naturally have bias and delusional takes in Brighton's favour, just like any club forum would, but some of the takes here are asinine and possess no reality whatsoever.
Or you could just assume that we're not interested in any of your Billy Big Bollo talk. We're Brighton fans because we're from Brighton. The team represents our community and we cheer it because of that. We've been through hell and highwater with this team because its ours. We have no interest in where it stands in your imaginary bigness ranking. Every team's fans sings 'By far the greatest team...' because to the fans they are the only team that matters. Last year we fleeced your chairman for the best part of a hundred million quid, did the double over you and qualified for Europe. You couldn't even do the decent thing and finish above Palace. I don't know how you have the cheek to show your face here. Especially when you can't string a sentence together - 'Possess no reality?' - How do you possess reality?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
You're being an arrogant tool. How's that for a take?
I'm not being a prick, but when I see severely delusional takes, i will call it out.

Trying to pretend that Chelsea isn't an upgrade on Brighton in every single which way regardless of current form is laughable. The reality is Chelsea is a step up from Brighton in both the near and distant future and to argue otherwise is insane.

Now, I understand that this is a Brighton board, so it will naturally have bias and delusional takes in Brighton's favour, just like any club forum would, but some of the takes here are asinine and possess no reality whatsoever.
Apart from past glories and media blowing smoke up your teams @rse. explain what Chelsea have currently that is better then Brighton.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

It's only an upgrade in money this season, remains to be seen what happens as the season unfolds. They might finish above Albion next season, they might not. You'd be a foolish man to bet one way of the other.

I don't disagree that beyond the immediate season Chelsea are a step up in terms of expectations of winning things. 20 years of financial doping and a period of relative stability prior to that result in that being a fact. However, there are far better clubs for a top player to go to. Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Man City, are all way ahead of Chelsea. Then you look at the foreign clubs and Chelsea are way behind in choice for top players, and Caceido falls into that category.

The ony reason for going to Chelsea is the cash - nothing else. The best decision Caceido could make is to stay put next season, have another stellar season in the PL and Europa league and move onto a genuinely big club with the chance of winning things. It's a short career so why waste it at Chelsea? He'll be stuck there on daft wages and a lengthy contract that will make him unattractive to decent clubs.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Sorry I haven't read anyone saying that Chelsea isn't an upgrade to Brighton.
You can offer more money.
That is the sole appeal at present.
We are making the most of pointing that out to delusional Chelsea fans, whilst we can.

The delusion I see from most Chelsea fans is the assumption that because they have been a big club for 20 years, they will continue to be so.
Chelsea's success is dependant on UCL money, without it they will implode.

UCL places have never been so competitive. Chelsea are going to have to get used to missing out on a frequent basis.
Once that happens, Chelsea will have to rethink their model.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Telling the truth doesn't make one arrogant
Ok, so I appear to have vastly overestimated you.

Your comments would be more suited to twitter, where some equally deluded bellends can go back and forth with similaly inane soundbites.

You have inadvertently stumbled upon a board with actual football fans, who go to actual football games and support a club based on a historically valid belonging.

There is literally nothing to be gained from debating with you and I'll wait for the mods to action the inevitable.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Chelsea are only attractive due to the money chucked in all directions. You do realise until the Russian bought your club you were a mid table non-entity. A run down stadium which to this day is far behind most over top clubs in England. Yes your club keeps printing new pictures of your re-build, so do Palace of theirs.

For 20 years only one player progressed from the youth set up to play for the first team. This only changed when fat Frank had to use some youngsters due to you being banned from signing anyone for breaching rules in signing u18's.

Just been fined again for incomplete accounts.

Cobham is toxic.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Bloom is playing a somewhat dangerous game though as preventing an elite young player from moving on will set alarm bells off when signing future prospects. Agents and players will be aware of the Caicedo situation and in future may well be reticent to sign for Brighton, or at least ensure a suitable release fee and/or wage improvement is in the contract. The modus operandi has thus far been to acquire some of the best young talent under the promise of first team playing time and a big move. Are we seeing a seismic shift in Brighton's strategy, or is Bloom simply seeking to extract maximum value from this deal? I'd wager the latter.
This would be a fair point if we were 12 months further down the line. As it stands, Caicedo has only given us one full season. It's not enough. Do another season like MacAllister and Trossard did and he'll get his move at a sensible price. If someone wants him now then they have to pay an unreasonable price. It's quite simple really.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's got nothing to do with FFP, it's more so we don't want to be seen getting taken advantage of and paying 100m for a player, who's simply not worth that fee in the clubs eyes.

Because your club would never pay more for a player than their worth. I assume from this that you chose Chelsea to support sometime after Last Summer's transfer window :lolol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My dear friend, I hate to tell you this and it will most definitely come as a shocker, but Chelsea at their very worst and in the gutter, still have 100x the appeal of a Brighton at their very best.

Asking a player if they would trade Brighton for Chelsea, is liking asking a chef if they would trade working at their local chippy for a 5 star restaurant. The answer would be swift and easy
Are you from Africa?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Ok, so I appear to have vastly overestimated you.

Your comments would be more suited to twitter, where some equally deluded bellends can go back and forth with similaly inane soundbites.

You have inadvertently stumbled upon a board with actual football fans, who go to actual football games and support a club based on a historically valid belonging.

There is literally nothing to be gained from debating with you and I'll wait for the mods to action the inevitable.
Indeed. I did try to explain that to him earlier. NSC and the Shed End/Red Cafe etc are like chalk and cheese. The likes of Chelsea and Man Utd don’t seem to have proper football forums for football people. I have mentioned before that I feel sorry for the real supporters of those clubs who try in vain to generate a proper football community but get drowned out by plastic part timers.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The other issue though is the Caicedo replacement. If as reported Albion were looking at Ugachukwu then Bloom appears to be being outmanoevered by Boehly.
Brringg Brringg

"Hello - Tony Bloom speaking....
Oh, hello Todd. No we told you - not for less than £100 million.....
You've signed who?
Oh I see, and now that you've signed him, we won't have a replacement for Caicedo....
Yes, you've certainly outmanoevered me this time Todd....
The new price for Caicedo?.... Let's say £120 million.
Why's it gone up?
Because news has come to light that quality defensive midfielders are in demand. With one less option available, If we sell Caicedo, we'll now have to pay more for his replacement.....
Bye Todd".

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
😂 Just because you may routinely go to football matches, it doesn't make you a better supporter than me or anybody who doesn't routinely go.
Yes it does.

In other news, you're banned for trolling and double registering. Don't let the door hit you on your plastic backside on the way out.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
No, being arrogant about expressing one's opinion makes one arrogant.

Actually literally coming onto a message board of a club you don't support bragging about how much Chelsea is worth, how many trophies they've won, how no player in their right mind would choose Brighton over Chelsea makes you arrogant.

So, again, you're a prick.

All the best :thumbsup:

EDIT: shame he's banned, won't see my amazing response.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Bloom is playing a somewhat dangerous game though as preventing an elite young player from moving on will set alarm bells off when signing future prospects. Agents and players will be aware of the Caicedo situation and in future may well be reticent to sign for Brighton, or at least ensure a suitable release fee and/or wage improvement is in the contract.
Good to see the return of this particular line of concern trolling. We go to the Ecuadorian Premier League (average salary £12,000 - £15,000) and offer a player the chance to play in the EPL and earn £3m a year. He'll refuse because he's concerned that we won't sell him cheap to Chelsea in 18 months time, so he can earn £12m a year. Who can blame him. Poor beggar would be left struggling on his £3m salary for a whole 'nother year at least.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
No, being arrogant about expressing one's opinion makes one arrogant.

Actually literally coming onto a message board of a club you don't support bragging about how much Chelsea is worth, how many trophies they've won, how no player in their right mind would choose Brighton over Chelsea makes you arrogant.

So, again, you're a prick.

All the best :thumbsup:

EDIT: shame he's banned, won't see my amazing response.
He would be too busy anyway. Remember some people just have a lot to do and can’t waste their time with amazing responses and going to football matches and the like.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Good to see the return of this particular line of concern trolling. We go to the Ecuadorian Premier League (average salary £12,000 - £15,000) and offer a player the chance to play in the EPL and earn £3m a year. He'll refuse because he's concerned that we won't sell him cheap to Chelsea in 18 months time, so he can earn £12m a year. Who can blame him. Poor beggar would be left struggling on his £3m salary for a whole 'nother year at least.
In fairness we almost certainly aren't offering our new recruits £3m per year.
Probably more likely it's a contract worth £3m per year, if they progress to the first team.
However we have an incredible track record of developing players who are able to progress their careers at top level football.

The appeal is the pathway, not the wages, or the resale value.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here