Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Time to cut down on the schadenfreude?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
On reflection of yesterday’s events, whilst it was hilarious to see Chelsea lose, I have reflected and feel we may have taken too much delight in Caicedo’s failings. he was a fantastic player for us, but he is young. I do’t want to see his confidence take such a blow that it puts his career off track.
Cry me a river. Give a f***.

f*** Caicedo
f*** Chelsea
f*** the plastic fans

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
On reflection of yesterday’s events, whilst it was hilarious to see Chelsea lose, I have reflected and feel we may have taken too much delight in Caicedo’s failings. he was a fantastic player for us, but he is young. I do’t want to see his confidence take such a blow that it puts his career off track.
No delight from me, but I honestly couldn't really give a shite what happens to his career.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I find the level of gloating on here quite disappointing.
Come on everyone, dial it up a few notches and properly rub it in!
Is the right answer.

Enjoying the schadenfreude is the second best thing about supporting a club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He’s going to come good anyway. *probably
And so are Chelsea…probably… so let’s enjoy the schadenfreude while we can, it will be coming back to haunt us the other way round in all probability. Although I obviously hope it doesn’t

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Right now this is the most DELICIOUS set of circumstances we could possibly ever EVER have in our entire existence. The smugness is off the charts and rightly so. We are the envy of the footballing world.

Anyone who chooses to leave this wonderful club for more money is more than welcome to do so. But until we falter, we have every right to lap it up.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
His locker clearing was disappointing. A bad sign-off on his time at the club.

He's now just a Sell-On clause to me.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You wait until we play them. The toxic nature of last season will be greatly surpassed and we will delight in that atmosphere against everything Chelsea with special treatment to miserable wanker in goal, the money grabbing wanker in midfield and the hair bear on the bench.

They don't just deserve a booooooooooooooooooo they deserve a f***ing booooooooooooooooo so,

f***ing Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When Potter and his 5 coaches joined Chelsea they left us for dead. Nobody knows that better than Caicedo yet he turns down a superb offer from Liverpool to join Boehly's scum. He is therefore bound in history now.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
We have a sell on clause = we want him to be outstanding to that Real Barca sign him for over £200

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
It is quite funny, and I feel that’s quite some testament to Dunk, given he’s playing alongside Thiago Silva, who we can’t deny is a superb defender.

I have more sympathy for Colwill though, he did at least want to come here and play for us rather than Chelsea.
I think to be fair Colwill wanted game time. He spoke to Poch and was guaranteed game time and offered a very good contract. Once that was done he was happy to stay with Chelsea.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you think we've been harsh then what about EVERY one of those Chelsea fans that emptied out yesterday the moment Caicedo gave away the penalty, cursing his name and the fee they'd been rinsed for, many taking to social media afterwards to vent their fury. They don't give a shit about his age or career, they just want and expect isntant success.

Any player that walks away from a club in Europe, turns down a European superpower also in Europe for a modern day basket case club NOT in Europe and NOT expected to challenge for the title this season is only thinking about MONEY, not glory and not trophies.

The Chelsea Abramovich era is OVER. They have no players left from that trophy-laden time, no leaders through the spine of the team, all of thAT aura has gone. This was proved when Lampard returned, thought he could press a few magic Chelsea buttons and very quickly found out the truth. The players couldn't respond to a Chelsea legend because there's only a shell of a club now, no personality, no identity.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Yes, I know it is a football forum, but I can’t go go along with all the gleeful stuff about Moises Caicedo’s ‘disastrous debut’. He was fantastic for us and has made the club a great deal of money. A 21 year old from a humble background has secured the future for himself and his family. Good on him. Yes, it was a bit messy, but this is the daft woo woo world and economics of the Prem and the hypocrisy of those having a pop at him should perhaps ask themselves what they would have done in his shoes/boots.
He’ll come good and I wish him well, wherever he plays. 😁

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
If you think we've been harsh then what about EVERY one of those Chelsea fans that emptied out yesterday the moment Caicedo gave away the penalty, cursing his name and the fee they'd been rinsed for, many taking to social media afterwards to vent their fury. They don't give a shit about his age or career, they just want and expect isntant success.

Any player that walks away from a club in Europe, turns down a European superpower also in Europe for a modern day basket case club NOT in Europe and NOT expected to challenge for the title this season is only thinking about MONEY, not glory and not trophies.

The Chelsea Abramovich era is OVER. They have no players left from that trophy-laden time, no leaders through the spine of the team, all of thAT aura has gone. This was proved when Lampard returned, thought he could press a few magic Chelsea buttons and very quickly found out the truth. The players couldn't respond to a Chelsea legend because there's only a shell of a club now, no personality, no identity.
This. And to add to that - watching them play - they clearly have no plan, no strategy, no shape, no tactics and no clue about how they should play.
So much for their "latest" joke of a manager.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Yes, you are correct, but those same Chelsea ‘Entitled’ will no doubt be singing his praises in due course. They are just displaying the twattery of the ‘Entitled ‘ again. Money rules, but we must be grateful that at our club, money is spent wisely, unlike some others, where the soul of the club has been lost.
It may be that supporters of clubs further down the leagues feel all the Prem clubs have lost their soul and there is a case to be argued that says they are right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here