Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Time to cut down on the schadenfreude?

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I am not often particularly vengeful or spiteful, but young as he is, the twat treated us like garbage, so I really hope he fucks up badly and feels let down by his imaginary sky fairy friend who he supposedly turned to for advice and guidance. I won't be at the Amex when he returns I will, however, enjoy hearing you lot calmly and gently explaining to him what we think of his piss poor attitude.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nah, soon as any player signs for another club in our league of course I want them to do badly. Called being a supporter!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think we're confusing Caicedo the 21 year old with the instructions of his agent (who trousered 10 million quid as part of the deal, so no ulterior motives there).
Yep. Blame it all on the agent so that the Caicedo poster can stay on the wall. Good grief. When people talk about modern football they mean this kind of thing.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Last edited:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Yep. Blame it all on the agent so that the Caicedo poster can stay on the wall. Good grief. When people talk about modern football they mean this kind of thing.
Indeed. We’ve come a long way from Ian Chapman turning down a move to Palace after the Albion had let him go because he wouldn’t be able to look at himself in the mirror.

el punal

On reflection of yesterday’s events, whilst it was hilarious to see Chelsea lose, I have reflected and feel we may have taken too much delight in Caicedo’s failings. he was a fantastic player for us, but he is young. I do’t want to see his confidence take such a blow that it puts his career off track.
You are absolutely right. I do think that Moises, with his poor upbringing and, perhaps, lack of education has been very badly advised by whoever his agents or hangers-on are. He has always come across as an honest but naive young man who has not got the wherewithal to control his own destiny.

I wish Moises well but fear for his future.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
This season is going to be another disaster for Chelsea, and I'm going to love every minute of it.

Predict:

- Chelsea fans will have even less patience for Sanchez than we did. Will soon become villain #1
- Caicedo will struggle to perform, due to insurmountable pressure of his transfer fee and expectation of instant results from the fans. Will only end up starting less than 50% of games this season, then going on to sign for someone else for half the price.
- Colwill will fail to impress, without having the support that he had at BHAFC. May end up going out on loan again, or even signing for us in the winter.
- Cucurella will remain a bit player, forever regarded as not good enough, and a monumental waste of money.
- Ponchetino will be gone by end of the season. Chelsea try to poach RDZ, but he goes on to embarrass them with a 'thanks, but no thanks'

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I don't give a shit what happens to Caicedo now, he's not our player anymore so who cares.

But there are a lot of people who DO care, who DO give a shit, by wanting him to fail. I find that a bit sad and unedifying, to be motivated by someone's failure. Laugh at Chelsea for spending money on a failure, if thats what happens, absolutely, no problem. But for the individual concerned i have no malice, nor love. He did a great job when he was here, thanks, all the best and see you around.

On reflection of yesterday’s events, whilst it was hilarious to see Chelsea lose, I have reflected and feel we may have taken too much delight in Caicedo’s failings. he was a fantastic player for us, but he is young. I do’t want to see his confidence take such a blow that it puts his career off track.
It's banter, that's all!
Do I wish him well at Chelsea? Not a chance. Saying that I don't wish him bad either. He's not our player anymore and he'll get stick when he plays against us like Trossard Cucu and probably big Bob too.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Anyway, it appears that our club made a bit more cash out of his move to Chelsea so I would reckon they are pretty pleased with that.
5 Reasons why I think Tony would have foregone the extra cash and it would have been better for him - and us - if Caicedo had joined Liverpool:

1. European football for him this season.
2. Rekindle the proven partnership with MacAllister.
3. No threat of FFP bans hanging over that club.
4. Chelsea more of an immediate threat to our 23/24 European qualification hopes than Liverpool.
5. Liverpool are a classy club with decent fans, whereas Chelsea are a bunch of c**ts from top to bottom.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Schadenfreude is a powerful drug for sure.

Personally, I'm loving ever minute of Chelsea being a total circus. They'll no doubt sort it out eventually, so for now, we'll make hay while the sun shines.
Indeed - I'm normally circumspect with this sort of thing - on the basis that it may well come back to bite us some day. But ever since Pottergate I have absolutely LOVED revelling in Chelsea's misfortunate. It almost certainly won't last (and there were strong signs in both Chelsea's first two games that they will come good this season)....but I'm determined to enjoy it while it lasts. And (at least in the short term) I'll be especially pleased to see Cucurella, Sánchez and Caicedo do poorly - they could easily have left on good terms (viz: Ben White, Alexis Mac Allister, Yves Bissouma)....but chose not to.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
IMG_6309.jpeg

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I said on another thread that I wouldn't boo him but that was when he looked like he was off to Liverpool. As others have said, it's very much a Chelsea thing. I despise them and their business model. and in particular I dislike their fans and their arrogance. These people need to be brought down a peg or two. For me it's nothing less than a battle between good and evil. Caicedo literally sold his soul to go there, and this bullshit about always wanting to play for them, and always cherishing Brighton... it's all bollocks. That's what people dislike the most -- the phoniness of the bloke and the greed of his agents who encouraged him to spout this nonsense. His refusal to play for Brighton, clearing his locker etc., is a terrible sin in the eyes of most football fans, but made far worse by him going to Chelsea. It's what a judge would call "aggravating circumstances" and is why I will heartily boo the bloke when he appears at the Amex.

I can't bring myself to wish injury or terrible misfortune on him as a player or as a man, but would be happy with him being yet another Chelsea flop, and seeing him gradually slide onto the bench, then into the reserve team, then off on the odd mediocre loan, and finally vanish into obscurity -- while a tearful Boehly has to continue paying him millions of pounds every year for the next decade or so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here