Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to concentrate on overhauling Burnley

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
To be honest, I just didn't have a clue what sweet the lick meant. I thought maybe it should be sweat the lick, but still didn't understand, so I had to google it.

It's the bit where the dojo sensai wants his star pupil to put Daniel out of the tournament thus showing no mercy.

I kind of want us to do similar and go all out to win every game.

Sweep the leg. Stop getting Karate Kid wrong!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sweep the leg. Stop getting Karate Kid wrong!
I've already said it's sweep the leg, but people do say sweep the lick, because it's funnier.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do they or did you just get it wrong originally and now you're trying to backtrack?
I'm never wrong. Read the post above yours, I'd already explained why people say lick. Google it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So you corrected someone's mistake with another malapropism.
Oo, nice vocab.

But no, that's not what I did at all. Have you read this thread? I didn't add 'lick' to the phrase. I corrected 'sweet' because it was wrong (maybe just a typo). I didn't correct 'lick', because it's not wrong. It was wrong the first time it was used, but it's been used for comic effect since then, so it's not wrong.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
After another jammy last kick winner i think Borough just too far ahead.

If they can beat Burnely we can sneak 1 point ahead of Burnley if we win, then have 4 games to match their results.

Looking more likely that a draw between them next tuesday will not be a satisfactory result anymore and time for us to reel in Burnleys bully boys and let borough walk away with 1st maybe

Umm havent we done the same thing a few times this season ?? And again on Monday night V Forest

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
After another jammy last kick winner i think Borough just too far ahead.

If they can beat Burnely we can sneak 1 point ahead of Burnley if we win, then have 4 games to match their results.

Looking more likely that a draw between them next tuesday will not be a satisfactory result anymore and time for us to reel in Burnleys bully boys and let borough walk away with 1st maybe

Time to just keep our heads down and concentrate on our own game and hope that The Other Guy Blinks.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Time to just keep our heads down and concentrate on our own game and hope that The Other Guy Blinks.

This, with bells on...

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
If we dont make the top 2 that is the goal that will be the hardest to stomach. Even more so than losing 1-0 at home to wolves and ipswich after literally battering them both

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If we dont make the top 2 that is the goal that will be the hardest to stomach. Even more so than losing 1-0 at home to wolves and ipswich after literally battering them both

Lets not rewrite history. We didnt 'batter' either. We were the better side v Wolves, but Ipswich was an nil nil draw all day long, but for one daft slip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here