Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to concentrate on overhauling Burnley

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No, don't get muddled by concentrating on other teams or anything other than our 5 wins.

We need to beat Fulham.

Then there is the big danger of concentrating so much on Burnley v Middlesbrough, that we lose focus on our own match v QPR.

For now it's about nothing except beating Fulham.

This. This. And still more of this.
Forget concentrating on Burnley. Focus on our games and what will be will be.

Boro's wobble was quite spectacular recently, they are not massive favourites yet.

We will only know after next Tuesday which is the weaker of the two we have to pick off, all speculation is hot air before that.

Our main focus has to be 6 points in these next two games, do that and I think we will become favourites, if we don't then I think we'll need even all of the NSC's resident Kippers to face mecca on prayer mats

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
What I'm saying is that if automatic promotion is the goal (not being champions), then perversely it is probably going to be in our best interests for Boro to have more points rather than less.

Given our respectively draws, close to the most likely outcome for the next four games it that we get 10 points (3 wins and a draw), and Burnley get 7 points (2 wins a draw and a loss). This would put us 88 points and Burnley on 87.

Remembering that in the last round that Burnley play the almost certain to be already relegated Charlton for a highly likely three points, and we are away to Boro, which of the following tables would you prefer?

Brighton 88
Burnley 87
Boro 86

Boro 89
Brighton 88
Burnley 87

Boro 92
Brighton 88
Burnley 87

I'm arguing that the last table gives us our best chance of going up, so don't be too disappointed if Boro get 10 points from their next four games.It's much better than them needing a result against us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given the number of late goals being scored it is entirely possible that this season will go down to the last kick of the last game at Boro. Those of a nervous disposition probably shouldn't be there....

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I have said since the home match against Burnely that it would be us and Middlesborough for automatic spot. Burnley really are not good enough to go up automatically.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Forget 'em, just concentrate on winning our games, one at a time and see where that leaves us going up to Boro. There will be a 'surprise' result or two between now and then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I don't want Middlesbrough to have anything to play for when they play against us. That means either they go into the game four points behind both us and Burnley or four points ahead. The latter is surely the more likely of the two scenarios. With that in mind I am now firmly in team Middlesbrough and hope they win the next four games thus winning the title and rendering their final game of the season meaningless. We have a greater chance of getting the result we need if they have nothing riding on the game.

fridge

Dec 19, 2015
Forget 'em, just concentrate on winning our games, one at a time and see where that leaves us going up to Boro. There will be a 'surprise' result or two between now and then.

If we do win the next four games then I do hope you beat us at home and join us in promotion without going through the tension of the play offs, great scenario for me. I think this season has been an eye opener and there are a lot of our supporters wanting us promoted firstly but hoping you join us too.
Another thing how well has C H done for you guys, I bet M A is now regretting getting rid of him as he looks quality.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I have said since the home match against Burnely that it would be us and Middlesborough for automatic spot. Burnley really are not good enough to go up automatically.

Why are they two points ahead of us, with a far superior goal difference then? :lolol:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We cocentrate on beating Fulham and QPR and see where we are after the games on Tuesday night - if we have 6 points the certain thing is Burnley and Boro can't both have six!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I hadn't twigged until someone mentioned it on Boro's board that Burnley now have three games in six days: Birmingham on Saturday, then Boro on Tuesday and Preston on Friday. Given that Dyche doesn't tend to rotate squad members (they have been unchanged for the last 4 games), this will be a test of their strength and fitness.

If they don't get maximum points, what's the betting that Dyche will be crying to the media about the unfairness, despite the fact that his club, with parachute payments and profits from the Premier League, could have built a competitive squad with far more ease than the rest of us?

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I reckon, if Middlesbrough can beat Burnley, they could already be champions by the time we play them on the final day of the season, which of course might work in our favour.
But, as others have said, we just need to concentrate on winning our games.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Quite we have control over 5 matches none of which involve Burnley. It doesn't matter what anybody else does we win 5 we are promoted.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, and that's all we need to do to be in the PL next season, regardless of what the Bs do.
What's this got to do with Barnet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here