Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for the QUESTION - Have you lost FAITH in Oscar

have you lost faith in Oscar as manager ?

• I've lost faith

Votes: 100 41.8%
  • I've still got faith in Oscar

Votes: 139 58.2%

• Total voters

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I'm starting to wonder just how much say Oscar has. Something just doesn't feel right.
Maybe I'm trying to find something that's not there or maybe I've just had a couple of drinks to many.

Either way, I've lost a little faith in our players than I have in Oscar.

There are certainly questions. Although we are told Oscar has major input in signings, if that is the case, he is a pretty poor judge, ie Agustien/Obika/Rodriguez, and if Stephens was his choice, why is he not used more ? If his pedigree is in Spanish football, is there no-one better that he could come up with ?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
And sadly, if this poll is a genuine reflection, once a manager loses the fans, they don't tend to stay too much longer. I hoped he would be the one, but I am starting to have major doubts now, sadly.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And sadly, if this poll is a genuine reflection, once a manager loses the fans, they don't tend to stay too much longer. I hoped he would be the one, but I am starting to have major doubts now, sadly.

Almost certainly not. NSC naturally has a bias towards the extremes of our fan base (most moderate fans don't feel so passionate about the club that they feel the need to spend time on a message board dissecting every game, interview, newspaper article etc, they just go to watch a game of football, share experiences with friends/family whatever)

Also, after a bad loss, particularly on a pay when Palace get a big win, a lot of the more positive posters (coincidentally, some of them who are quick to ask where the moaners are when we win) will have given NSC a wide berth for the evening, expecting it to be an unpleasant place. When they feel like things have calmed down and return, the poll will balance out a bit more.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Yes. Disillusioned with the lot to be honest. Oscar's shit tactics and personality. Don't even both with his pre and post match interviews anymore. I mean he seems like a decent bloke but **** me he's uninspiring. Jones winds me up equally. More to do with my suspicions that he's just seriously out of his depth in his current role. Burke with the seemingly mediocre signings forced on Garcia. I say forced because we get these players in (Obika, Stephens) and never ****ing play them. Although in Obika's case I'm actually quite thankful.

Ironically Barber is spared from my wrath. One of few people at the club who seems to be doing what they're actually paid for

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Perhaps do this poll after the first five games of next season when Oscar's has had his 'oh so important' pre-season with the players and we have all our unfit players back.....(because we are the only team that has injuries apparently).
I suspect it'll be groundhog day unless Burke and the Club get very busy in the summer.

For the record I cannot contribute a vote to this poll. I never had much faith in Oscar in the first place, but wanted so much to be convinced otherwise. Oh well...

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
He has been very unlucky with injuries to major players Buckley, Orlandi, Crofts, CMS, Hoskins and not had the services of major players for large parts of the season

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It may be that the problem is Jones.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
YES.

How many people voting NO, back in August said, 'we'll be mid table this season'.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Yes but also Burke and the cock Barber. Barber couldn't give a **** about the fans. He cares about where the cash is coming from.

Cant agree - I think Barber is doing a thankless job. Carrying out what Tony Bloom has employed him for, he has always been brilliant at personally and honestly answering individual questions from supporters. As said, he is doing what he was employed to do. But also it does safeguard the club moving forward from financial ruin.

IMHO I question the Director of Football role, not the person as I don't know him but some of the signings made have been very questionable. Happy to waste money signing and paying Agustien who I assume commanded a fairly good sign on bonus, rather than paying out for a striker. TBH I would much rather have kept Vicente and seen him play 5 games than waste on some of the buys and loans we have. (Andrews, Obika, Lita and Agustien). Would have got the crowd roaring atleast even if just warming up down the sideline.

What I do fear is that we will lose someone who has talent and can change games like LuaLua by letting contracts run down for the end of season, also Kuszczak could walk which would be a huge loss too - cant see us replacing with equal talent or better unless we brought in some old timers coming to the end of career.

Still - will continue supporting the team week in week out

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Was still an Oscar man before yesterday but I expected dross and got dross.

One up front constantly at home; not playing Kaz, playing Mr boring Caskey etc.....

Lost faith now.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
Failure to pick up 6 points from our next 2 fixtures and I may have to rethink my opinion.

For now I'm still keeping the faith.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
NO.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yes but also Burke and the cock Barber. Barber couldn't give a **** about the fans. He cares about where the cash is coming from.

Do you actually understand what Barber's job is?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If I were worried about anything it's the combination of Oscar and Jones. For all I know it might be perfect but I've a hunch that it isn't

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
When he came in I was really hopeful as it sounded like we would be making a natural progression from the passing philosophy gus installed to higher tempo and more attacking passing style. Unfortunately this has not happened and the football being served up is more dull than the manager himself. Like many who sit around me I am finding watching us incredibly boring this season and the fans are voting with their feet. In his interviews Oscar sounds like he is happy with what is happening so does not look like we will be changing anytime soon.

It is hard to have faith with someone who makes baffling squad selections and persists with a philosophy and style that neither entertains or gets the results needed to get out this division

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here