Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time For The Fans To Fight Back

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
There are numerous posts on here about us loyal, dedicated and blameless fans being completely dicked off by having to make other arrangements when TV companies change match dates and kick off times for their schedules.

No consideration is given to the fan who, in good faith, has made plans to watch a match according to the date and time of the official Football League fixture list.

Think of this sorry scenario - advanced tickets are purchased for train travel for the match day in question, hotel accommodation is booked with a deposit paid, maybe time is taken off work to attend the game and then all this is blown out of the water. Why? Because a TV company has decided that that wonderful Saturday 3.00pm kick off match will now take place on the following Monday at 7.45 - and you can't make it!

Who do you blame? The club? The Football League? The TV companies? All of them?

So if you are the sorry fan that has lost out in this madness of greed and selfishness, should you not be recompensed? My suggestion, far fetched I know, but if you have proof of going to attend the game (match ticket) and all the other costs incurred (hotel confirmation, train tickets etc.) then you should be reimbursed. A kind of Football Delay Repay if you will. After all you have acted in good faith.

So who pays? The club? Well they have to act on the authority of the Football League. So how about the League? They are collecting the revenue from the contract agreed with the TV companies. Or how about the TV moguls themselves?

I know this is all a bit pie in the sky, but really, isn't it about time us, the loyal, dedicated, football fans, were shown a bit of respect and understanding when it comes following our beloved team?

Forward thinking would remove most if not all of those lost costs.
Book a hotel where you are able to cancel up to 24 hours before booked date with no deposit.
Travel by car or coach so no need to rebook if moved.
Cancel work holiday ans rearrange for new date.
If you must travel by train purchase out ticket to arrive in time fot 1230 ko so no lost money and then open return.

Its not difficult to avoid lising money. But hey in todays society we are all victims and myst habe compensation for the smallest inconvenience

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Maybe ask your boss for a day off, or to change your shift with someone else at short notice.

As for travel arrangements, sort that close to the game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This calls for an ERNEST ARS protest

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think it's a very valid argument but I like many others on this thread happily subscribe to Sky because frankly their coverage is excellent. However I do think they could achieve what they achieve but with better planning for fans.

Too many games are moved to stupid times and days that are completely unfair to away fans in particular. There needs to be a charter drawn up which lays down the rules in a more fan friendly way recognising that some big games have to be shown but for example Leeds fans don't have to travel to Brighton on a Monday night.

More games on a Sunday perhaps? Could you not have 12, 2, 4 and 6? Same on Saturday? Then you wouldn't need a Monday night?

el punal

Nothing but people need to get over the fact that we will also have games at other times rather than bleating on about Saturday 3pm. It's boring....

Of course we have games at other times, that's not the point. It's when match days/times are changed at relatively short notice after a fan's arrangements have been made - if that applied to you I'm sure that you wouldn't describe it as boring - would you?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Forward thinking would remove most if not all of those lost costs.
Book a hotel where you are able to cancel up to 24 hours before booked date with no deposit.
Travel by car or coach so no need to rebook if moved.
Cancel work holiday ans rearrange for new date.
If you must travel by train purchase out ticket to arrive in time fot 1230 ko so no lost money and then open return.

Its not difficult to avoid lising money. But hey in todays society we are all victims and myst habe compensation for the smallest inconvenience

So, just bend over to accommodate Sky yeah?

Dec 29, 2011
Yes, if you have Sky because you like watching football at times other than 3.00 on Sat, then I don't see how you can complain when matches are changed from 3.00 on Sat.

I agree that people who don't have Sky do have something to complain about but TBH I can't see much change happening, clubs will be happy to pocket the money

People aren't complaining about it not being 3.00pm Saturday, they're complaining they lose money because Sky does whatever it wants. I agree clubs should re-emburse fans and give the bill to sky.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No not yet, just pointing out how clueless the Paul Barber-licker studio15 is.

If you had read my comments on the train ticket, it was not to buy an open return so your comments in that respect are invalid. If you buy an advance set train single for the outward journey to arrive in time for a 12.30ko you would not lose money if the game was brought forward. Then open return to enable you to either catch an earlier or later train if the kick off time was moved.

Or even better travel by car or coach where the leaving times would be geared to the game time with no lose of money.

With all cheaper set time tickets that is the chance you take, you save money if the time of the game doesn't move but you must be prepared to lose money if it moves. its your decision.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If you had read my comments on the train ticket, it was not to buy an open return so your comments in that respect are invalid. If you buy an advance set train single for the outward journey to arrive in time for a 12.30ko you would not lose money if the game was brought forward. Then open return to enable you to either catch an earlier or later train if the kick off time was moved.

If you buy the journey as two singles, outwards advance and returning open that would cost more than an open return :facepalm:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Nothing but people need to get over the fact that we will also have games at other times rather than bleating on about Saturday 3pm. It's boring....

Armchair fan alert :facepalm:

There has always been games at different times, but this is about the inconvenience it causes to proper TICKET BUYING FANS, especially fans that travel, when a game gets moved to Sky at short notice.
Keep up.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

It's boring to you? Oh, sorry, sorry, sorry then. Mods, please close this thread down now, and in future only allow discussion which isn't apparently boring to some people.

Especially those who perhaps find any thoughts other than their own boring..............

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Of course we have games at other times, that's not the point. It's when match days/times are changed at relatively short notice after a fan's arrangements have been made - if that applied to you I'm sure that you wouldn't describe it as boring - would you?

It does happen to me. Has twice this year. Not going to get my knickers in a twist about it as it is just the way it goes. I don't consider six weeks short notice anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here