Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for the club to speak to the fans

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I think the mood will worsen if we've got nil points from 3 games this time next week.
What I witnessed last night doesn't fill me with glee.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think the idea is that we wait now until the window shuts.

I'm sure the club are hard at work, we won't get to hear about the good stuff until it's done.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Communication has been one of the worst aspects of the "new" Albion for me. When they do talk to us, they seem to just tell us what we need to hear, especially recently. More honesty would be appreciated, and less of this patronising corporate nonsense via email etc.

This is part of the clubs "Premier League ready" Ambition. After all we are not FANS anymore but just another paying customer.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I am close to cancelling my season-ticket. Doubtless, I am not alone in resenting what appears to be a conspiracy of silence from the club and a drip-feed of misinformation from The Argus. Why will the club not comment on the relentless selling of any player of ours that makes us competitive at Championship level and gives us a chance of being promoted? We fans no do not have a right to know the minutiae of the club’s operations, but, surely, we deserve an explanation for the squad’s rapid, and continuing, diminution in size and quality.

You do know that you cannot just cancel your season ticket without paying the remainder of the price, right? You're in for the long haul I'm afraid. Poor you.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
What do you want a daily update on who we are trying to sign ?

TB has already told us little just over a week ago that we are busting our balls to get players in.

Wait until the end of the window before you judge.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Goodbye, you won't be missed. Somewhere in there I think you called yourself a "fan" - I think not.

I have been a fan since 1972 and have never felt more remote from the people running the club.

Being a fan does not mean being slavishly loyal. We are not sheep.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't know what they would be willing to say now that would be different to what they said at the fans forum.

They won't comment on ongoing attempts to bring players in - This is good and bad, in that perhaps we might alert others to an available player making negotiations harder, we might show our hands in negotiations (how much we want a player, or how desperate we are to sign a player because of the pressure they've put themselves under by announcing we're trying to get them could affect asking price both from the selling club and the player themselves), bad because the void is filled with rumour and supposition making it seem like we might have missed out on a player we had no interest in. It can also affect later negotiations if a player feels less wanted because he isn't our first choice.

They would have preferred to have brought in more players already, but it's difficult because of the world cup and FFP causing players to leave deals later.

They're working tirelessly to build a squad that can compete, but we need to be patient and wait until the transfer deadline.

We didn't want to sell the players, but the deal was too good, and the player deserves the chance to play at the highest level possible, and us allowing players to move on will be a draw to other good players who are hoping to make a step up.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I am close to cancelling my season-ticket. Doubtless, I am not alone in resenting what appears to be a conspiracy of silence from the club and a drip-feed of misinformation from The Argus. Why will the club not comment on the relentless selling of any player of ours that makes us competitive at Championship level and gives us a chance of being promoted? We fans no do not have a right to know the minutiae of the club’s operations, but, surely, we deserve an explanation for the squad’s rapid, and continuing, diminution in size and quality.

Why not give them until the close of the window?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Following on from last weeks fans forum and the request for patience etc we have now seen another player sold and no new faces in. Granted we were told to wait until end if August but the amount of concern expressed by fans leads me to think a communication from the club would be prudent at this stage.

And say what? Well anything that would help to quell the threats of cancelling direct debits and show the fans that they are working in it.

The silent approach is correct but reaching out to fans and showing loyalty is equally as vital.

I can see the timeline now :

13/8/14 - Bloom "We are working hard to sign players and we will be competitive"
30/8/14 - @OfficialBHA "Paddy McCourt, Keith Andrews & Dean Hammond sign on 3 month loan"
1/9/14 - Barber "Agents are to blame because players want too much money and we couldn't get the paperwork through on time"
15/9/14 - Argus headline "Hyyppia quits citing lack of promised transfer funds"
17/9/14 - @OfficialBHA "Jones takes on caretaker role after first league win away to Ipswich with a 94th minute 1-0 penalty gives Albion win"
14/10/14 - @OfficialBHA "Obika signs on 3 months loan after CMS goes to Peterborough on loan with view to permanent move on January 1st"
31/12/14 - Bloom "We will do our most to support Nathan in the transfer market during this transfer window to stop this 17 game losing streak and to get us out of the bottom three"
31/1/15 - See 1/9/14

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Let's wind the clock back exactly 2 months ago:

New Brighton & Hove Albion boss Sami Hyypia says the ambition of the club was one of the key factors in his decision to take the job.

The 40-year-old, who was sacked as Bayer Leverkusen boss in April, replaces former manager Oscar Garcia, who stepped down after Brighton lost in the play-offs last season.

"I knew that they were serious and that's one of the main reasons I'm sitting here now," said the former Liverpool defender at his first press conference as Seagulls boss.

"I like people who have ambitions to go forward and hopefully I can bring the club forward in the next three years.

Where we will finish after three years I don't know but hopefully we'll go forward."

I'd love to know what was said about Ulloa, Buckley and the transfer budget. Whatever it was, roll on 31st August...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Imagine you're watching something on telly that's making you really angry, the only way to make it go away is to change the channel until it's gone. Sitting there shouting at is doesn't do anything to stop it and it doesn't make your life any better.

I think that reading NSC every day is self perpetuating a level of panic for many people. Take a chill pill, think of something else, get on with your work and stop looking at NSC.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Relax, chill and save moaning till the end of the month.

I am chilled,very chilled. We have banked a wonderful sum of 12 million plus through player sales and there's still a whopping 18 days left to find half a team in that time. It only took us about 10 weeks to find four players but still...

Rest assured though as i saw Paddy McCourt at the Amex last night and players of that ilk. I'm happy.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Communication has been one of the worst aspects of the "new" Albion for me. When they do talk to us, they seem to just tell us what we need to hear, especially recently. More honesty would be appreciated, and less of this patronising corporate nonsense via email etc.

Serious question, when could they have they, in your opinion, more honest? They've told us the club is losing a lot of money. They've told us the Ulloa deal was too good to turn down, they've told us Bridcutt wanted to go. They've told us that Upson wanted Premier League football. Where is the dishonesty? What is the corporate nonsense?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's not just about the lack of players in, I'm concerned for Sami's future.

If there's one thing to make a manager walk early it's the old argument about being promised funds that never materialised. His comment about the board "I knew that they were serious and that's one of the main reasons I'm sitting here now" is surely only something you'd say if you were confident you'd be given a decent budget to improve the squad? Losing Sammy Lee and not replacing him like for like is also hanging over the club too.

Does anyone know what Tim Sherwood's up to?!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Yep, it is not hard to say "please be patient, we are waiting for FFP to kick in". It's fine to say that this is the plan, but they avoid it and end up sounding patronising and scripted.

Maybe they haven't even told Hyypia that they are waiting for FFP to kick in so they are forced to remain publicly silent over it :shrug:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Following on from last weeks fans forum and the request for patience etc we have now seen another player sold and no new faces in. Granted we were told to wait until end if August but the amount of concern expressed by fans leads me to think a communication from the club would be prudent at this stage.

And say what? Well anything that would help to quell the threats of cancelling direct debits and show the fans that they are working in it.

The silent approach is correct but reaching out to fans and showing loyalty is equally as vital.

Eh? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here