Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for Sanchez

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Yes,there will always be more one on ones with the keeper when we play a back three.it defenetley makes it harder for the striker if it's a big keeper in those situations.

Just to point out pretty much the only current stat Ryan could point to with any pride was his ability to stop 1 on 1s, where he is one of the best in the league. It’s shots on target he struggles with... :smile:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Probably get crucified for saying this.

Couple of those saves felt like his height helped. I'd have to watch them back.

The first one he tipped over the bar with his fingertips, and later the one with his feet his whole body was outstretched horizontally to cover as much space as possible.

Unquestionably. Some debate whether the first would have gone in, but that is exactly the type of shot Maty struggles with.
Maty wouldn't have got close IMO. He pulled one off against saints last year, but it is a clear and obvious weakness,

I don't doubt that the club have been looking to upgrade on Ryan. The question is, does Sanchez have what it takes to keep the shirt.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I'm a bit tipsy but I think Sanchez made the difference in that game. He kept us in it when we were vulnerable.

That's the difference a keeper can make.
(obviously it's too early to tell if he's the real deal but it's making me smile)

Not so sure Ryan would have save the one he finger-tipped over the bar, or the outstretched leg.

Sanchez made sure we kept a clean sheet against a side that has been on the up in recent weeks (a draw with Liverpool and win against Leicester). There really are "no easy games".

They had clear cut shots on goal and he stopped them all. Can't ask for much more.

Anyway, cheers! (it's snowing here in NYC - must be a foot or two so far...)

[emoji123]

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Just to point out pretty much the only current stat Ryan could point to with any pride was his ability to stop 1 on 1s, where he is one of the best in the league. It’s shots on target he struggles with... :smile:

Yes,I have lots of memories of him making fantastic one v one saves in the past and also it was one of the things that caught my eye in the YouTube vids when we signed him.i can't argue with the stars,maybe because I'm not seeing as many live games I'm also not seeing all his one v ones.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Like against Mo Salah the other week. :glare:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Here's what I think will happen

Sanchez will get a run of games. Ryan will be on the bench.

The club are currently minded to sign a new keeper and are currently focusing scouting on this position ..... but ....... Sanchez will get 6 or 7 games now to prove that this purchase is unnecessary and that he can be a PL no1.

What an opportunity for the young man

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Here's what I think will happen

Sanchez will get a run of games. Ryan will be on the bench.

The club are currently minded to sign a new keeper and are currently focusing scouting on this position ..... but ....... Sanchez will get 6 or 7 games now to prove that this purchase is unnecessary and that he can be a PL no1.

What an opportunity for the young man
Agree, except I expect Steele to be on the bench. If Maty needs to be rested, might as well rest him properly, not half rest him.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Agree, except I expect Steele to be on the bench. If Maty needs to be rested, might as well rest him properly, not half rest him.

It's not a rest. It's not tiredness leading to his recent form

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
A good change made at the wrong time.
Ryan’s position was too safe for too long and it’s cost us points

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Love this guy , Sanchez` save was superb , love that Mcgoldrick wheeled away to celebrate only to look back to see a bloody big hand scoop it away safely . Bloke deserved another clean sheet .

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
This lad feels me with confidence. I don't think we need another goalkeeper.

6B6B3D0A-62A9-4369-BC87-F528ED2A7DD8.jpeg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sheff Utd’s xG today was 1.04 - I was surprised it was as high TBH - so he just about performed above expectations.

Depressing ours was 2.90. The only game this season it’s been higher was against Man Utd.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It's weird when Sanchez wasn't even getting u23 games. Great save today and distributes the ball quickly. For whatever reason Ryan always slowed things down

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I wasn’t in the Ryan out camp, but I’m now fully in the Sanchez to start camp. He’s done nothing wrong and the better of the two keepers from the small sample size of games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here