Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Time for a new competition

Which one is your preference?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I'm bored and in the mood for a badly run competition (unless someone can step in and help :moo: ) that will cause uproar and vast amounts of finger pointing/accusations of 'fiddling' with the results. (All in good jest though, of course, see the Honey Badger for previous examples)

I've laid down several options, the one with the most votes will be carried into the new style of competition.

Best player that has played for Brighton

Best football match that we've been involved in

Best goal we've ever scored

Best goal celebration you've ever been involved in/witnessed

And 'Other' but please remember to state what you actually want!

Get voting!

(In the event that things get run badly I reserve the right to 'pull the plug' on the competition)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I liked the recent CLast One Standing one and the previous one of guessing the managers line up for games. Of course both involved lot of input from organiser.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Whatever it is, can we please have it in major tournament (ie groups then knockout etc) rather than just one big long list?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I voted "other" and admit I'd like to see a return of World's Hardest Creature. That, or at the risk of igniting a whole new culture-war, World's Best Biscuit.

Also, I think any mention of goal celebrations should have the Icelandic team showing theirs:

It's January. We are very much in need of competitions atm.

UK Comedy Cup will finish in next couple of weeks. Then a shorter US Comedy Cup will commence. But we need others. World's Hardest Creature used to be a true event.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
It's January. We are very much in need of competitions atm.

UK Comedy Cup will finish in next couple of weeks. Then a shorter US Comedy Cup will commence. But we need others. World's Hardest Creature used to be a true event.
Yep - I'd love World's Hardest Creature again. The pool could perhaps be extended to include extinct ones.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yep - I'd love World's Hardest Creature again. The pool could perhaps be extended to include extinct ones.
We need more competitions like that, that allow for a little more creativity than just favourite film etc.

Any ideas @stewart12 ?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
We need more competitions like that, that allow for a little more creativity than just favourite film etc.

Any ideas @stewart12 ?
it's been a few years since the last WHC hasn't it? I think I gave up stewardship of the famous old trophy for it's last couple of years. It is, perhaps, time to bring the old girl back

there will be, of course another, and enlarged edition of the Fantasy Albion World Cup, which I will be serving up in the summer

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
a few years ago we had "who is the flairest of them all?"

which was a competition to determine the Albion's flairest ever player

caused quite the commotion back in the day

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
a few years ago we had "who is the flairest of them all?"

which was a competition to determine the Albion's flairest ever player

caused quite the commotion back in the day
Who won?

I remember some enjoyably heated debates, with people disagreeing over the meaning of "flair".

Much like the debates over the meaning of hard...those almost led to blind, ugly violence at times.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Who won?

I remember some enjoyably heated debates, with people disagreeing over the meaning of "flair".

Much like the debates over the meaning of hard...those almost led to blind, ugly violence at times.
you've got me there

I'm pretty sure it was Vicente

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

In the final, Worthington beat Vicente (50 - 42).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here