Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tickets Remaining for FA Cup Semi Final ***About 200 LEFT ON SALE***

When will we sell out

• Monday 25th (bronze members with 65 points)

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Tuesday 26th (all bronze members)

Votes: 25 6.9%
  • Wednesday 27th (extra 2 tickets for STH)

Votes: 97 26.6%
  • Thursday 28th (extra 2 tickets for bronze)

Votes: 51 14.0%
  • After Friday 29th and a general sale

Votes: 126 34.6%
  • It won’t sell out

Votes: 50 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
63 @ £120 in best block available (mid tier, close to halfway line, block 228).

Also 200+ @ £80 in the pitchside blocks.

Have they just been released? Seems a bit harsh on those who bought earlier.

I don't quite get why these are the 'best seats'. Sure, they're nearer the half-way line, but you're right on the edge of the Brighton fans, next to the day-trippers and equivalent City fans. Surely this is a game for being in the heart of the action

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Can't agree more. All the club had to do was announce a general sale from say Monday, at the outset, subject to availability and folk would have had a choice. 100% secure a ticket with membership or take a chance and wait. Now it looks like the club can say 'ha, up yours, you could have got one anyhow but we have an extra £25 off you'. Clearly the club are hoping they all go by Friday but if not, they will be faced the the decision of selling out by making in GS or sticking to their guns and insisting a membership has to be bought. It could be a case of who blinks first for the last few hundred tickets.

As it happens though, it looks like the uptake of new MyAlbion+ members was limited due to the relatively small number of tickets that shifted yesterday. And FWIW I believe the new membership represents good value for money and I can't really see a good reason why a fan who attends a handful of games a year would not want one. What's wrong is that a fan who has legitimately bought countless tickets over the years, maybe even Wolves and Chelsea next week can be gazzumped by someone who won't miss £20 before this weekend's pay day.

I brought the membership for me and my two boys just so that I could book tickets yesterday. I normally attend 3 or 4 games a season and have introduced my youngest to going this year. The Saints game will be his second, and Wembley his third, a bit different to waiting 28 years to get to Wembley again!

Like you say though, it does open up the possibility of seeing the top 6 next season which was/is difficult to do at home this season without the Bronze membership.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
No.....but if he invades the pitch or lobs a flare - or even worse, tries to take in a bottle top or flask, you'll get banned :)

Bugger. I think I need to have strong words with my old man so he knows the consequences of his actions.

According to the City fans they have not had blocks 518 to 526 released to them yet. That's a good 8000+ seats. Not suggesting we might be offered all or even a good chuck of this but a couple of blocks could surely come our way if they don't need them.

The fact these blocks have not been offered would also go some way to City suggesting most of the sales have been in the upper tier. It's just not all the upper tier was ever on sale!

AndrewCity

Mar 26, 2019
Capture.jpg

Hello, City fan here. That above is our plan and what we have sold out. Not much admittedly. You can see that block 526 - 518 are sold out but they were never actually put on sale. Our best sales have been of the upper tier tickets purely because they are cheaper!

We've sold 18,000 so far. I imagine there will be a bit of a rush on payday but can't envisage us bringing more than 23,000. Should imagine that if you sell out soon, you'll get given the other 8,000 or so in 526 - 518

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The pace of ticket sales at City is interesting and unexpected. For the first time I wonder of some of theirs might actually come our way, which would/should be a huge embarrassment for them if it did happen.

Yes, I know they have bigger fish to fry, huge games in the Premier League, Champions League, they also probably have one eye on money for the final assuming this will be a cakewalk. But still and even so, it didn't occur to me for one second that they wouldn't sell out 33,000 tickets for this one given what a 'big club' and 'great fans' they are supposed to be.

Incidentally, I think the club got it really wrong by creating a category for 2019-20 memberships to get SF tickets ahead of those with a purchase history from this or last season. You have absolutely no right to jump that particular queue with a membership for next season. In theory this could be your first Albion match by buying that membership and then a SF ticket. Not blaming anyone who did, I would have done the same if I hadn't already been a member for a few years. But sheer greed from the club trying to drum up some extra cash.

Capture.jpg

Hello, City fan here. That above is our plan and what we have sold out. Not much admittedly. You can see that block 526 - 518 are sold out but they were never actually put on sale. Our best sales have been of the upper tier tickets purely because they are cheaper!

We've sold 18,000 so far. I imagine there will be a bit of a rush on payday but can't envisage us bringing more than 23,000. Should imagine that if you sell out soon, you'll get given the other 8,000 or so in 526 - 518

Thanks for this - keep us posted as to how sales go. You guys have a lot of your plate at the moment and I can imagine the costs are going through the roof.

I doubt we would need another 8k, but maybe a bit of it if you don't mind!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Capture.jpg

There no one there....there's no one there!!

Love that chant

The pace of ticket sales at City is interesting and unexpected. For the first time I wonder of some of theirs might actually come our way, which would/should be a huge embarrassment for them if it did happen.

Yes, I know they have bigger fish to fry, huge games in the Premier League, Champions League, they also probably have one eye on money for the final assuming this will be a cakewalk. But still and even so, it didn't occur to me for one second that they wouldn't sell out 33,000 tickets for this one given what a 'big club' and 'great fans' they are supposed to be.

Incidentally, I think the club got it really wrong by creating a category for 2019-20 memberships to get SF tickets ahead of those with a purchase history from this or last season. You have absolutely no right to jump that particular queue with a membership for next season. In theory this could be your first Albion match by buying that membership and then a SF ticket. Not blaming anyone who did, I would have done the same if I hadn't already been a member for a few years. But sheer greed from the club trying to drum up some extra cash.

Get real. Although it's potentially our biggest game in more than a generation (it will be the biggest in terms of the numbers of our fans there) it's not really their biggest game that week!

They have already been to Wembley 11 times (I think) in the last 5 years. The timing is shite in terms of transport home that night and they are no doubt forking out for trips to Europe too, not least a trip back down to London on Tuesday for what many would consider a much bigger game. And who can blame those that need to make choices about the games they see and those of the mindset that will save their Wembley outing for the final - of course they will be sorely disappointing with that strategy!

There are a few clubs fans who are an embarrassment. City fans are not in that group by a country mile

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

With regard to City fans, they've been there before, on numerous occasions, including this year and it is a semi final! I would compare it to the fact that the SF is our big fish and we are struggling to sell out a London game against a top 6 team!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

This will be their 4th game at Wembley this season. With the other competitions they are in, the cost of the tickets and the difficulties getting back to Manchester after the game, I think it’s understandable that they are probably not going to sell out.

el punal

Greed or exploiting the market place? One man’s meat, another man’s poison and all that. I must admit to being a bit confused with the structure of selling the tickets. Still, the good thing is that I got the extra tickets today that I required, and in the same areas as my original choice. All good in the end.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Get real. Although it's potentially our biggest game in more than a generation (it will be the biggest in terms of the numbers of our fans there) it's not really their biggest game that week!

They have already been to Wembley 11 times (I think) in the last 5 years. The timing is shite in terms of transport home that night and they are no doubt forking out for trips to Europe too, not least a trip back down to London on Tuesday for what many would consider a much bigger game. And who can blame those that need to make choices about the games they see and those of the mindset that will save their Wembley outing for the final - of course they will be sorely disappointing with that strategy!

There are a few clubs fans who are an embarrassment. City fans are not in that group by a country mile

Be in no doubt - if this was Man Utd or Liverpool, they would sell out. And that kills City.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
With regard to City fans, they've been there before, on numerous occasions, including this year and it is a semi final! I would compare it to the fact that the SF is our big fish and we are struggling to sell out a London game against a top 6 team!

We aren't struggling at all. Thousands of fans who want to go won't get a ticket, loads of people just come a few times a year to the Amex and don't have a ST or membership. Our process will barely get to them, if at all. If we got 5,000 back from City, we'd sell them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Personally, I don't think that a few hundred £20 notes is either here or there. I think the strategy is all about 'exploiting' the lure of a one-of glamour occasion, to get people signed up / tied in / invested in the club. Once they have them IN, they can utilise that investment, to try to get them along to games against Burnley, etc and sell them the odd shirt, etc.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Make football affordable and this would be a sell out. Price / adopt ticket sales approach as they’ve done here and that’s why there’ll be 10-15k empty seats. Still, not bad for a semi final and the FA coffers will be full so job done I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here