Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets left for Derby

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
I'm so with you on that statement, and without drawing politics into this, I am as blue as they come - however.......

The club voiced their intentions last season to use E1H as a student area for quieter games. There are over 5000 unsold seats for Derby. Now is the time to release this block to students for all games.

What is a student is another matter. I would probably go with anyone under 21 to make it easy,and as long as the price is not cheaper than it would be for an 18 year old to buy a season ticket, then it has to be a winner all round.

Both very valid points. There's an issue around young, low earners and they're financial (non) ability to get to games.

It's encouraging seeing lots of children with parents at the Amex, but then there's a shocking absence of groups of 16-21 old year olds that I don't think they're used to be - across all clubs.

A rethink on ticket prices for youngsters very much needed here.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If any of our Seaford fans want a ticket for evening games just send me a pm.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The 'problem' that we as fans have, is all the time 23,000 STs are sold, the club will continue to charge stupidly high prices to casual fans, as they would rather have 1,000 extra at £31.00 (and more) than 1,500 extra fans at say £18.00

The problem the club however have, is if they make match by match prices 'cheap' then ST sales will fall off dramatically.

All the time that STs are seen as 'cheap' in comparison to match-by-match prices, then it 'forces' someone to buy a ST.

For me, I buy 2 x WSU Tickets - cost this coming season approx £1,080.00 - working out at just under £23.50 per person per match including Park and Ride. Good Value IMO

The day it hits £30.00 per game each, I'll have to reconsider. (Guess that's me out if we ever get promoted!)

Bottom line is that watching football is expensive, and we're at the upper end.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Both very valid points. There's an issue around young, low earners and they're financial (non) ability to get to games.

It's encouraging seeing lots of children with parents at the Amex, but then there's a shocking absence of groups of 16-21 old year olds that I don't think they're used to be - across all clubs.

Very true.

When I started going the North Stand at The Goldstone was FULL of 16-20 year olds.

Now, our fans seem to be either Under 16, or 30+

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

Whilst price may well be one of the reasons why the age demographic comes into play. I would say the withdean years meant we have lost an entire generation of potential supporters.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Very true.

When I started going the North Stand at The Goldstone was FULL of 16-20 year olds.

Now, our fans seem to be either Under 16, or 30+
Yep. The lost generation, the club needs to target these people. If that means a discounted U21 block next to the away fans then let it happen. In 10 years time, we'll need these guys to be bringing their kids!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Whilst price may well be one of the reasons why the age demographic comes into play. I would say the withdean years meant we have lost an entire generation of potential supporters.

Our group of 8 includes 3 50yo's, 1 40yo, 1 22yo, 2 18yo's and a 5yo. Which generation have we lost?

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013

There's that too, which is why it's great seeing half the East Stand filled with kids. They'll come up, and on the other hand I don't think the club has ever seen such a spike in the number of under 16's getting involved as in the last 3 years.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Thanks for your help. Assume you wont be complaining if we don't make any more signings then?

I ****ing love NSC. Constant moaning about the prices and then anyone who actually makes a stand is accused of 'not helping the club.' I too am boycotting the Amex this season due to the prices, and I really couldn't give a shit what you think of me.

For the record, I don't want us to make any multimillion signings because I'm not a ****ing retard and I want the club to be around in 50 years time when I might actually have the money to attend some home games.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I ****ing love NSC. Constant moaning about the prices and then anyone who actually makes a stand is accused of 'not helping the club.' I too am boycotting the Amex this season due to the prices, and I really couldn't give a shit what you think of me.

For the record, I don't want us to make any multimillion signings because I'm not a ****ing retard and I want the club to be around in 50 years time when I might actually have the money to attend some home games.

Will you still be as vocal on NSC?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Will you still be as vocal on NSC?

Absolutely! I can still give player rating based off the radio commentary you know. :thumbsup: Will you still be contributing the boring drivel you do so enthusiastically? (twice as many posts in a shorter space of time)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I could afford a season ticket, but I'm not comfortable with paying such sums to line the pockets of players and all the rest.

I'm not suggesting that players should be on a minimum wage, but the wages are outrageous.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
26 k is an amazing crowd

No it isn't.

What would Spurs get against Derby first game up?

Everton?

Aston Villa......

It ain't a bad crowd figure, but it is not AY-MAY-ZING!

We need to have aspirations as a football club, 26k first home game to one of our promotion rivals is not amazing, just to be expected.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I could afford a season ticket, but I'm not comfortable with paying such sums to line the pockets of players and all the rest.

I'm not suggesting that players should be on a minimum wage, but the wages are outrageous.

Thanks for your help. You bad, BAD fan.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
No absolutely it's a great attendance but we're no longer little old Brighton surviving and getting by. If we can only shift a couple of thousand tickets to casual fans that to me is worrying.

It may be worrying but...it is the summer holidays still and recently I have felt that Brighton as a whole is a lot more quiet than normal so I guess a lot of people are away. Also, a casual supporter will pick and choose their games and Derby is not a really big game is it?

A 90% full stadium is very good IMO for mid August.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Absolutely! I can still give player rating based off the radio commentary you know. :thumbsup: Will you still be contributing the boring drivel you do so enthusiastically? (twice as many posts in a shorter space of time)

I thought I would do actually, yeah.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here