Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets left for Derby

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
By English standards its a good deal.

Don't disagree, bar a few of the teams like Stoke/Newcastle/Sunderland etc who offer far cheaper season tickets.

But something needs to be done on the whole, £33 cheapest ticket is disgusting for this level.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
What we need is a way to share season ticket seats. Either do it yourself among mates or quietly go about it on here. Just don't let Barber find out. :whistle:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What we need is a way to share season ticket seats. Either do it yourself among mates or quietly go about it on here. Just don't let Barber find out. :whistle:

I know 4 guys who share an Arsenal ticket, seems to work for them but deciding who gets to go to what game could be problematic imo

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

I have two ST's but am unlikely to make any evening games if anyone wants to come to an arrangement.....

I have always thought the prices were OK, but last year I think it was £28 behind the goals and it was possible to avoid the booking fee. Now the lowest price for Derby is £31, so more than a 10% increase

As for the student tickets, I understood these were going to be offered in E1H for the less popular games. I am guessing the club decide a less popular game is one where the away team will take less than half the south (1500) - like Derby!

A load of £19 under 21 tickets in E1H would, I am sure have gone down a storm. Why not make E1H the student block full stop - unless its a 15% cup game..... It provides a nice cushion from the family stand and the away oiks.

For games where there is not the likelyhood of trouble or where there is no risk that away fans will try and buy tickets in the home end, lets make it possible for us 23,000 STH's to buy a ticket for a mate. I don't want to pre-register them, ask their date of birth and postcode. I just wanna buy another ticket, so Uncle Albert can come along with me.

And finally (and I know planning said otherwise, but it can change) lets start selling tickets at the Amex up until kick off. Maybe charge a premium or don't include the travel.

A full Amex is a joy to see and be part of, and unless we need to win the last home game of the season for promotion or get a top prem club in the cup, I'm afraid I will not witness it this season.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
For attendance don't forget they go on tickets SOLD rather than, er, well, rather than the actual attendance. So whatever the ST sales are that will be the minimum figure it will ever be for every game, then add on a guess for away fans and casual supporters.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
My 18yr old son earns £7 per/hr absolute joke for the club to ask £32 + b/f for an 18 yr old to watch a game of football, alienating the next generation of fans IMHO

A lot of older adults earn £7 per hour as well. It's all about individual judgement calls. I'm not saying the prices are correct, but an adult is an adult at the end of the day.

A lot of older adults earn £7 per hour as well. It's all about individual judgement calls. I'm not saying the prices are correct, but an adult is an adult at the end of the day.

I'm so with you on that statement, and without drawing politics into this, I am as blue as they come - however.......

The club voiced their intentions last season to use E1H as a student area for quieter games. There are over 5000 unsold seats for Derby. Now is the time to release this block to students for all games.

What is a student is another matter. I would probably go with anyone under 21 to make it easy,and as long as the price is not cheaper than it would be for an 18 year old to buy a season ticket, then it has to be a winner all round.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The amount of foreign students visiting us at the moment must be in the thousands, I'd have thought a lot of them are football fans. How abouts offering them group discounts? The money lost of the face value of the tickets would be more than made up with them buying merchandise etc? First game of the season and we are looking at in real terms a sub 26k attendance speaks volumes.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The amount of foreign students visiting us at the moment must be in the thousands, I'd have thought a lot of them are football fans. How abouts offering them group discounts? The money lost of the face value of the tickets would be more than made up with them buying merchandise etc? First game of the season and we are looking at in real terms a sub 26k attendance speaks volumes.

I don't disagree with the first point, but sub-26k speaks volumes?! That's still an absolutely IMMENSE crowd for the Championship, given our history!!!

Edit: And Derby's hardly a big draw for fans
Put into perspective: we got 25,464 for Derby Home last season

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I don't disagree with the first point, but sub-26k speaks volumes?! That's still an absolutely IMMENSE crowd for the Championship, given our history!!!

Edit: And Derby's hardly a big draw for fans
Put into perspective: we got 25,464 for Derby Home last season

No absolutely it's a great attendance but we're no longer little old Brighton surviving and getting by. If we can only shift a couple of thousand tickets to casual fans that to me is worrying.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I'm so with you on that statement, and without drawing politics into this, I am as blue as they come - however.......

The club voiced their intentions last season to use E1H as a student area for quieter games. There are over 5000 unsold seats for Derby. Now is the time to release this block to students for all games.

What is a student is another matter. I would probably go with anyone under 21 to make it easy,and as long as the price is not cheaper than it would be for an 18 year old to buy a season ticket, then it has to be a winner all round.

Can I just outline (before being shot down) that last season I agree there was no need for such a policy, as we were shifting tickets fairly easily. This season, it looks like there'll be a few thousand empty seats for the first game of the season at home (Newport wasn't exciting to most), let alone the tuesday night games against poorer opposition.

I live in Sheffield, and almost EVERY away club last season had a student ticket when I could make games, and I probably did a dozen or so. In fact, both Wednesday and United I can get in for £5 to most league games. Not saying we should let students in for a fiver, but given the amount of both foreign students and domestic (at both Brighton and Sussex uni), it is a massive catchment that is being missed.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No absolutely it's a great attendance but we're no longer little old Brighton surviving and getting by. If we can only shift a couple of thousand tickets to casual fans that to me is worrying.

I do agree that we should be doing more to shift the rest, but there'll be loads of people on holiday at the moment. Plus it's Derby. Plus there'll be some who haven't bought into the new regime. Plus we've lost 2 out of 2 etc etc
It'll pick up.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Also what efforts are being made to encourage the casual fan? Speak to the average non albion football fan, there is still a common misconception that tickets are hard tobget hold of. The club should have a few mini kiosks flogging tickets around town and especially up at the station on matchdays. The club to me has grown and improved massively in so many areas but the ticketing side still seems to be slightly archaic.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I do agree that we should be doing more to shift the rest, but there'll be loads of people on holiday at the moment. Plus it's Derby. Plus there'll be some who haven't bought into the new regime. Plus we've lost 2 out of 2 etc etc
It'll pick up.

Fair enough people are on holiday but that only effects the attendance for casual fans, ST holders on holiday or otherwise are still counted as attending. It just seems to me that currently we're missing a trick in not being innovative enough in shifting the remaining 6-7k.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here