Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets for Cardiff and Burton

They opened a further 61 seats in an extra area of S1A which I thought would've been used for segregation. Could probably have the whole of the block if we needed it. I'm hoping they open the whole thing as that's where I want to sit.

It looks like they have left the 5 columns which has become the norm for segregation. This suggests that Burton have all of block B and block C minus the 5 most western columns for segregation. That should be enough to house close on 1000 Burton fans but I don't think there is much hope of them bringing half that number.

If you want to sit in S1A why not buy a ticket now whilst they are available?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
On Saturday, I am taking my fiancé Marie to her first Albion game. I hope that she will forgive me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Burton Fans.
I think we all believe them to be a good bunch, although not many of them. Just seems strange that, with this game being a one of with relegation or promotion happening, that a few more don't make the 3 hour journey? Many other fans make it a weekend trip to Brighton so why not Burton fans?

The answer is simply that they don't HAVE many fans. As a % of their own gates 300 isn't that surprising. Its close to 10% of the number of Burton fans that attend home games.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38843511

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The answer is simply that they don't HAVE many fans. As a % of their own gates 300 isn't that surprising. Its close to 10% of the number of Burton fans that attend home games.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38843511

Indeed. While we are reflecting on 20 years since Fans United, Burton Albion were plying their trade in the Southern League Premier Division. In fact, I saw Burton v Waterlooville in 1992 when Billy Gilbert and Vince Hilaire had taken over 'the Ville' seeing them win 2-0 in front of most likely a home crowd of around 500.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Indeed. While we are reflecting on 20 years since Fans United, Burton Albion were plying their trade in the Southern League Premier Division. In fact, I saw Burton v Waterlooville in 1992 when Billy Gilbert and Vince Hilaire had taken over 'the Ville' seeing them win 2-0 in front of most likely a home crowd of around 500.

I saw Hastings v Burton in the Southern Premier Division the same year. Hastings won 3-0 in front of a crowd of 444.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Perhaps she will witness a Sweeney-like performance from the Albion.

There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
And the vermin of the world inhabit it
And it's morals aren't worth what a pig could spit
And it goes by the name of Croydon...

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Will this sell out tomorrow?

In addition the the 79 seats available in S1A and the 47 premium seats there are also another 205 seats for sale in the grey shaded 'sold out' areas :shrug:

They've done that before to push people to buy seats in the biggest gap remaining.

Considering almost the entirety of the stadium is available to us, 29k+ home fans is pretty impressive to face lower league opposition.

Perhaps a somewhat worrying implication for ticket availability in a potential top flight season, where we will be forced to accomodate 3k away fans.

They've done that before to push people to buy seats in the biggest gap remaining.

Considering almost the entirety of the stadium is available to us, 29k+ home fans is pretty impressive to face lower league opposition.

Perhaps a somewhat worrying implication for ticket availability in a potential top flight season, where we will be forced to accomodate 3k away fans.

The Newcastle game is a good test of this, although they have had only 2700 allocation. But already sold out bar 50 seats a whole 19 days before. And that's on a Tuesday night, on TV and with a previous purchase history requirement.

Glad I have my season ticket

The remainder of S1A is now available. So Burton will be sandwiched into B and C only and this will include the sterile area. IF we can sell out the remaining home tickets this could be close to 30k home supporters. Amazing.

Wonder if we can nick a bit of B or C block to push us over 30k home fans?

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Still confused though that the stadium is saying sold out yet when you hover over a block it is still showing tickets available. So if tickets are available will it not put people off buying as it shows up as sold out?

Still confused though that the stadium is saying sold out yet when you hover over a block it is still showing tickets available. So if tickets are available will it not put people off buying as it shows up as sold out?

Exactly this as I reported earlier. If someone has a contact at the club maybe they should let them know - gotta be a mistake.

Also, in the away fan guide on the Seagulls website there are instructions as to how Burton fans can buy tickets on the day, yet on the Burton website it clearly states there will be no tickets sold on the day.

Wrong info and incorrrectly updated websites will mean some tickets that would have otherwise been sold will remain unsold. Daft.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
for some reason Burton seem to think all championship matches should be all ticket and no sales on the day - part of the reason they don't sell out their own ground

no doubt on police advice to stop away fans paying cash on the day and going in home parts of their ground - should have just given away fans more of ground in first place

Usually a rush on the Friday before a Saturday game. Am wondering if the club might keep the Burton fans only in C block, which means we could have all or most of B too.

Anyhow, we need to shift the following which are left for sale. Note all blocks bar S1A show as sold out online, but most blocks have seats available. You need to click on them to see what's there.

North: 6
WSL: 9
WSU: 7
South: 249
ESL: 67
ESU: 29

And 46 in the Premium area of ESL.

It's not going to rain. We can go top of the league, we have some great players back from injury, the trains will probably work and we will be going back to the top of the league. Let's fill it up! No excuses

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Usually a rush on the Friday before a Saturday game. Am wondering if the club might keep the Burton fans only in C block, which means we could have all or most of B too.

Anyhow, we need to shift the following which are left for sale. Note all blocks bar S1A show as sold out online, but most blocks have seats available. You need to click on them to see what's there.

North: 6
WSL: 9
WSU: 7
South: 249
ESL: 67
ESU: 29

And 46 in the Premium area of ESL.

It's not going to rain. We can go top of the league, we have some great players back from injury, the trains will probably work and we will be going back to the top of the league. Let's fill it up! No excuses

I never thought we'd get within a 1,000 of selling out v Burton (absolutely no disrespect to them intended) so given we're close to only 500 or so left if they release B too is brilliant.

Now we need to make some noise and make it intimidating for them and score early. UTA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here