Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ticket touting a significant and rising problem in the Premier League

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Recent crackdown by the Albion mentioned.
Beats me why clubs don't just monitor the re-sale sites, buy up the tickets for their home games, then follow up on the name/seat number on the ticket they just bought. Hardly rocket science to outsmart the wise guys :dunce:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's got to be the only way to beat this.

I wonder what they'll do about guest tickets with season tickets. Some might be abusing that too.
I agree. For the record I fully support this crackdown.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's got to be the only way to beat this.

I wonder what they'll do about guest tickets with season tickets. Some might be abusing that too.
Pretty naive of the club to even offer that option nowadays. If you're a bona fide STH guest, you're probably not going to be sat anywhere near the STH that invited you. That whole option is a Tout's Charter really

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree. For the record I fully support this crackdown.
For me, it’s the same with Viagogo and the touts/bots buying up tickets for them, I just don’t want to see third parties illegally profit. Or block individuals getting a chance through legit club means.

I would imagine that at OT, Anfield and the Emirates there are swathes of s/t seats where the owner rarely/never attends, but makes a small fortune selling on 19 times a season. A business venture.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Went to a gig at the Roundhouse a while back, digital tickets only, the QR code was issued ( to the account that bought it) half an hour before the doors opened, and then was changing every five minutes. I watched it change on the phone screen half a dozen times before we got to the door, scanned the code and went in.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
For me, it’s the same with Viagogo and the touts/bots buying up tickets for them, I just don’t want to see third parties illegally profit. Or block individuals getting a chance through legit club means.

I would imagine that at OT, Anfield and the Emirates there are swathes of s/t seats where the owner rarely/never attends, but makes a small fortune selling on 19 times a season. A business venture.
Guaranteed the Amex has more than it's fair share of Clevor Trevers. Up to the club to outsmart them. Which, on the face of it, wouldn't really take much smarts :dunce:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Guaranteed the Amex has more than it's fair share of Clevor Trevers. Up to the club to outsmart them. Which, on the face of it, wouldn't really take much smarts :dunce:
I suspect secondary market prices for the Amex have risen over the last 5 months. The quality of football on offer has gone up a few notches ;).

Borne out also by the perennial empty seats in ESL and NS disappearing.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Thanks. Using Brighton as an example, I guess clubs would also need to insist the digital ticket is used, as opposed to the QR code which is on the reverse of the digital ticket.

How did you manage to turn your digital ticket over to see the reverse side of it!?!?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I suspect secondary market prices for the Amex have risen over the last 5 months. The quality of football on offer has gone up a few notches ;).

Borne out also by the perennial empty seats in ESL and NS disappearing.
No Fulham tickets available at all on club site. Even for the bigger teams there are usually a few dotted around on the exchange. I wonder if these are being hoovered up by touts when listed or it’s just nobody is missing the game!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
No Fulham tickets available at all on club site. Even for the bigger teams there are usually a few dotted around on the exchange. I wonder if these are being hoovered up by touts when listed or it’s just nobody is missing the game!

Quick search and found this

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How did you manage to turn your digital ticket over to see the reverse side of it!?!?
The three dots at the top right corner. Press that and it shows you all the info about the ST and the QR code.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here