Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket sales Preston

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Not sure what the people who have stopped going are waiting for
I missed two games in five years, Mrs Golddene decided that we should emigrate back to her homeland and convinced me to get a refund on my already bought season ticket back in May, but due to house purchase complications and untold delays we are still here, though should be on the move imminently anyway I thought if I were to attend the early games I would just miss the Amex and the football too much. Now I think it was my attendance that brought so much heartache over the past three seasons so I am waiting for the unbeaten run to finish then if I'm still here I will come back for any home games until I finally leave for our retirement.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
can you turn up on the day and not get ripped off because you've not bought online, printed at home and put the money directly in the albions bank and all those other laborious costly tasks the Albion incur if you cheekily turn up on the day?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The fans who gave up their season tickets were unlikely to be the die hards and most probably almost inevitably going to jack it in at the first sign of a hiccup. I don't know why people seemed surprised. As long as we stay at 22 to 24k, I think that's excellent. We'll get 29k if we are still there at the end.
Please stop.....I am a supporter since 1977 regular....for the last 4 seasons at Amex a ST holder...driving 150 miles each way......I stopped this year after 2 years of dross to be honest. ... but I will be there tomorrow for my 3rd game of the season.

Not sure what the people who have stopped going are waiting for
I missed two games in five years, Mrs Golddene decided that we should emigrate back to her homeland and convinced me to get a refund on my already bought season ticket back in May, but due to house purchase complications and untold delays we are still here, though should be on the move imminently anyway I thought if I were to attend the early games I would just miss the Amex and the football too much. Now I think it was my attendance that brought so much heartache over the past three seasons so I am waiting for the unbeaten run to finish then if I'm still here I will come back for any home games until I finally leave for our retirement.

Not been this season waiting for the atmosphere to pick up!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Please stop.....I am a supporter since 1977 regular....for the last 4 seasons at Amex a ST holder...driving 150 miles each way......I stopped this year after 2 years of dross to be honest. ... but I will be there tomorrow for my 3rd game of the season.

I'm glad you're coming back as it gets good. I wouldn't want you to miss anything.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You thought the season we finished 6th was dross ?

I agree with Heathgate. As do many others. This board was littered with people saying the same thing. Under Oscar it was paint drying watch at times. Finishing sixth was a great achievement but it you can win with style too!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Same here. MK And Reading will be my 6th and 7th respectively but the ST had to go with such a long commute, cost and frankly rubbish served up. I've done my blindly following years like you mind, more than infact! Anyone who had a ST at Gills was marked as insane rather than loyal! :)

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

OK, fair enough in your case, but I think that you might be in the minority here. No one doubts your loyalty, by the way. I know of two families here, one on our road, who have not renewed after last year's rubbish. In both cases, they were not in any case huge Albion fans and had season tickets simply because the new stadium attracted them, and it was the closest venue for professional football to Hastings. If folk are going to give up totally after one season, then the very real chances are that they were not that committed anyway. I can sympathise with that -not everyone is as passionate about the Albion as we are, which we have to accept. Still disappointing that we are missing about 5,000 each game.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
can you turn up on the day and not get ripped off because you've not bought online, printed at home and put the money directly in the albions bank and all those other laborious costly tasks the Albion incur if you cheekily turn up on the day?

Yes, the ticket booths are open.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Maybe these fans are a bit superstitious & think if they comeback our form will dip.
Get on your horse and get down to the Amex otherwise you will regret it.
I am enjoying every minute of this season and I been following the Albion the early 60s
Just take each games as it comes .

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Same here. MK And Reading will be my 6th and 7th respectively but the ST had to go with such a long commute, cost and frankly rubbish served up. I've done my blindly following years like you mind, more than infact! Anyone who had a ST at Gills was marked as insane rather than loyal! :)

I am insane :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Will make the effort next week....one mile is as far as I travel:D

Oh well, don't forget the words to the songs then it goes like this:

Albion, albion

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
OK, fair enough in your case, but I think that you might be in the minority here. No one doubts your loyalty, by the way. I know of two families here, one on our road, who have not renewed after last year's rubbish. In both cases, they were not in any case huge Albion fans and had season tickets simply because the new stadium attracted them, and it was the closest venue for professional football to Hastings. If folk are going to give up totally after one season, then the very real chances are that they were not that committed anyway. I can sympathise with that -not everyone is as passionate about the Albion as we are, which we have to accept. Still disappointing that we are missing about 5,000 each game.

I wouldn't get too upset. When you think the last time we commanded crowds this big it was 2 and sixpence to get in versus £30 now then it's more than holding up. Besides, the nature of all seaters means we'll never have a capacity crowd. In the old days you did because people got locked out ie first come first served. And I can remember that happening at the goldstone. Now a days you'll still have capacity somewhere on basis people won't be able to turn up or shift tickets if they can't make. I missed loads like this in past few seasons. Work, holiday, family, traffic...they all take their toll :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Maybe these fans are a bit superstitious & think if they comeback our form will dip.
Get on your horse and get down to the Amex otherwise you will regret it.
I am enjoying every minute of this season and I been following the Albion the early 60s
Just take each games as it comes .
definitely a bit of this going on. I'm scared to come to the Amex at the moment for fear everyone will blame me! In life, for there to be winners there must be losers. And I provide an invaluable service for winners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here