Ticket sales for pre season friendlies

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
NEWSFLASH. The common man doesnt give a toss about friendlies. Never has never will. Take out new stadium factor and champions of Europe as opposition and sub 7k crowds (our goldstone average 87-97) are NORMAL!!!

wisdom enters the afray.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Going to those too, even with the 2 hour journey each way. This Saturday I am taking my daughter to only her second game.

Excellent. Bet she'll love it (though you may have to point out that it's usually a little busier...)
I've personally never seen us play foreign opposition, so no way I was going to miss the opportunity

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I am going to leave quite early. If the weather is nice i shall have a couple of pints up the Swan, maybe a meal, sit outside, and the pub should be fairly quiet. I shall then stroll down to the Amex, purchase a pint in the fairly quiet NS concourse........and then make my way to my seat and watch the game. I feel i will have a nice relaxing afternoon and evening and for once i will not be too fussed if we win as long as i can come away and have been entertained.......i don't expect too much for a tenner tbh.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I've personally never seen us play foreign opposition, so no way I was going to miss the opportunity

Exactly this for me, and foreign opposition of a decent pedigree as well.

As I said, I am AMAZED by the negativity about this fixture.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yeah Villarreal is 7.30pm Saturday and Norwich is 7.45pm Tuesday. Pretty sure there is no park and ride so the only real option would be to buy parking at the ground.
I'm sure the AA 'Mill Rd closed on 27th July' sign is up, so that suggests P & R is available there.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Exactly this for me, and foreign opposition of a decent pedigree as well.

As I said, I am AMAZED by the negativity about this fixture.
Is it really negativity? The prices are fair, the opposition decent and Oscar has arrived. But it's lovely warm weather, there are other distractions and even though I'm sure I would enjoy a pleasant evening in the sunshine, I prefer my Albion competitive and need to care about the result. So in a nutshell I'm not negative, just not that bothered. For others, I'm sure the will they/won't they P + R really doesn't encourage the undecided.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Is it really negativity? The prices are fair, the opposition decent and Oscar has arrived. But it's lovely warm weather, there are other distractions and even though I'm sure I would enjoy a pleasant evening in the sunshine, I prefer my Albion competitive and need to care about the result. So in a nutshell I'm not negative, just not that bothered. For others, I'm sure the will they/won't they P + R really doesn't encourage the undecided.

There is a lot of criticism of the opposition on this thread. I can understand people not bothering for all sorts of reasons, but I am really surprised that people aren't interested by it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think Steaua Bucharest at the start of the 1991-92 season was the last time I saw us play foreign opposition.

5-4 to us I think it finished. We were 4-1 up at half time but they turned it on a bit in the 2nd half.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Some people on here are never satisfied: Villarreal and Norwich for £12 each is "not good enough" or "not exciting enough", but then I bet if we'd been in Bournemouth's place and been playing Real Madrid at £60 a ticket, those same people would have been complaining that it was too expensive.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I think Steaua Bucharest at the start of the 1991-92 season was the last time I saw us play foreign opposition.

5-4 to us I think it finished. We were 4-1 up at half time but they turned it on a bit in the 2nd half.

That was the first game I took my younger brother to when he was 7/8, at 4-4 he was bored so we left and got a lift home from my dad. :facepalm:

I have never let him forget this. He is now a season ticket holder in the North Stand.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I'm looking forward to it and couldn't give a monkeys if I was the only one there apart from the squads. I'm trying out two different views that I've never sat in before, including the dugout and I'm looking forward to getting back to the Amex.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I like European football. I've not seen Brighton play many well known European teams and if I'm honest I am unlikely to, so this to me is great.

I am really surprised so many people are so negative about it.

Like I said, I accept if people can't be arsed with friendlies but I really can't comprehend complaints about the opposition. Ah well.

I agree. Have tickets for both matches, and I'm looking forward to this one much more than the Norwich game.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Going to Villareal, currently not going to Norwich (although may change mind late on). Looking forward to getting back to the Amex, welcoming Oscar and backup team properly, trying out East Stand for a change, and seeing a bit of Spanish flair from both sides. What's not to like? :albion:

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I'm going to Villarreal, firstly as they will provide something different from the usual fare we are used to and secondly to try out another part of the stadium. I'm in WSL (W1D) so should get a good view of the action and bench. If all goes badly I'll be within season ticket throwing range of Oscar.

I can't decide whether or not to wear my 'Hola Gus' tee-shirt as a silent tribute/protest though...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm looking forward to it and couldn't give a monkeys if I was the only one there apart from the squads. I'm trying out two different views that I've never sat in before, including the dugout and I'm looking forward to getting back to the Amex.

u r sitting in the dugout..novel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports