Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket line moan

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
You're wasting more money by calling and hanging up. Just pick a time to call and sit in the queue if your query is essential.

It is expensive calling from a mobile, if you've got access to a lindline then use that. If I need to call any of these numbers I usually use the work phone :whistle:

I work nights, so not an option! And my landline phone (which I hardly use) is so old it's not touchtone, so have to use my mobile!!!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Rather than starting a new thread I will get my own ticket office related moan in here. Does anyone else have problems with changing details? I've moved house twice in the past 6 months or so, and both times I have phoned the club and given them my new address. BOTH times stuff has subsequently gone to the old address - this time no big deal as it's my mum's house anyway, but the first time my new season ticket therefore got lost. Also, last year I switched banks, notified the ticket office of my new direct debit, and then for the next three months got a letter informing me that my direct debit had failed, each time because they had tried to take it from the old bank account, and each time I told them the new account and was promised it was sorted. Am I missing the proper way to notify the club of changes, or do the ticket office staff just write down new details on the back of their hand and then forget about it?

(Think the staff are great and very helpful btw).

If they are passing stuff onto a marketing/mailing company then they are often 8 weeks ahead in extracting customer info for mailings as if has to go various processes deduping, address verification, post coding etc prior to mailing. When I was a master of the universe I used to nail them down to a industry low of 6. When you have 6 million to mail & simultaneously 6 weeks of people dying this brings enough complaints from relatives as it is

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The solution is to centralise social customer service channels (landline , mobile , text , e-mail , online message chat , twitter , facebook) and outsource the work to a business providing a one stop shop service.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry I did not see that thread, but I could not believe this further way of getting money out of the fans, they will make around £30k in admin charges for all big cup games in future.
Will say no more on the subject now. Thanks Bozza
No. Keep on complaining. It IS appalling. Interesting reason though that you gave about the fee going to improve the service, previously the Lickers were saying the fee was to use the ticketing software!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No. Keep on complaining. It IS appalling. Interesting reason though that you gave about the fee going to improve the service, previously the Lickers were saying the fee was to use the ticketing software!

So the 50p difference between online and telephone/in person bookings is pure profit for the club and nothing to do with covering labour and utility costs etc ?

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Had a problem over the platinum membership.

e-mailed Paul Barber who replied within half an hour and passsed my request to Jenny Gower who had solved the problem within a couple of hours.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So the 50p difference between online and telephone/in person bookings is pure profit for the club and nothing to do with covering labour and utility costs etc ?

Correct. If you buy one ticket it's 50p, if you but ten it's a fiver. However it hasn't cost them ten times as much to process the transaction, the shop is lit and heated and the person employed regardless. And as has been pointed out to you before there is no accounting reason for these overheads to be a separate charge on the ticket, so it's all a contribution to the club's gross profit.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Telephoned the ticket office this morning. Was 6th in the queue at the start of the call. Total call length 5mins. Happy with service.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I phoned up the other day on 0844 327 1901 and was only 2nd in the queue, my Villarreal ticket still hasn't shown up though. Apparently they went out last Friday!

I rang yesterday and was 3rd in queue. Waited about 5 minutes. Told Villareal going in post first class last night.

Post been today, and of course, no tickets. Went into shop 2-3 weeks ago to buy these and charged admin charges.

Looks like I will have to visit Amex tomorrow to pick them up as don't wish to get into a scrum on Saturday.

Mate ordered and received his tickets last week. Why can't they all be sent out as they are processed. Bah.:rolleyes:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I know this is probably the result of Barber's cut backs on admin staff, but this is just ridiculous. I have been trying to ring the ticket office and it is driving me insane. Several attempts over the last couple of days. Yesterday, I tried to ring mid-afternoon and was 9th in the queue. I have just tried again this morning, and was 6th in the queue. After holding for six minutes on my mobile (and listening to endless promotional messages), I had only moved up to 5th!!! At that rate I'd have to wait half-an-hour to get through - and it would cost me a small fortune. Needless to say, I hung up.

Can't exactly drop in to the club shop as I live in London ,so what other options are there if you need to speak to someone? And if it's like this before the season has even started what's it going to be like in a couple of months time? All very well saying we're customers not fans, but where is the customer service??? Call me a whinger, but it really is pretty unacceptable.
I am experiencing this now I been twenty minutes so far and still waiting down to 2 in the line.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Correct. If you buy one ticket it's 50p, if you but ten it's a fiver. However it hasn't cost them ten times as much to process the transaction, the shop is lit and heated and the person employed regardless. And as has been pointed out to you before there is no accounting reason for these overheads to be a separate charge on the ticket, so it's all a contribution to the club's gross profit.

You need to know all about overall transaction times and costs before making general aspersions.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
Last year i got to the stage were they answered the phone and i lost signal. I was gobsmacked when the lady called me back.

Since then i've always thought that the service could be alot worse.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Cancelling ST direct debit. Deadline is tomorrow.

If i was you I would cancel it with the bank and email the club today to say that is what you have done as you couldn't get through to them. Bank won't pay it of you have asked them to cancel it and you won't be charged by the bank of the club try to take it.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Just booked some rugby tickets via ticketmaster, £5 booking fee and £5.50 postage. Suddenly the Amex add-ons seem competitive.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You really are an incredibly dense individual with no commercial knowledge aren't you? Either that or you're a troll.

If I only know ONE thing , without doing what used to be called time and motion studies plus a cost analysis any business will eventually end up down the pan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here