Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ticket Exchange

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I can't get my head around this negativity. I have a ticket that is occasionally spare and I can now pass it to my friend so they can go. It cost me £20 to make my ST a sharing ST (which isn't much let's be honest) and them £25 to be an Albion+ member. I will probably pass them my spare ticket 6 or 7 times which means it'll cost them around £3.50 a game to watch Premier League football. That's bloody good value and the club should be praised for making this sharing of tickets so easy and so cheap.

I take back my post - didn't realise it was still so easy to pass on a ST. the gist of this thread was making it out to be nigh on impossible!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You seem likes really nice chap Ken
Most people try to cover their outgoings
When lending / sharing a ticket
Unless I’m mistaken?
Once our twice a season if I'm away or have been unwell, I've passed my ticket to a family member or friend. I've never charged. I would imagine people are more likely to charge if they know that they are going to miss a significant number of games rather than a couple.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
In reality you only need one person prepared to buy a membership. The STH still gets sent the email with the electronic ticket that can be either downloaded to a wallet or printed at home, and it’s up to them to forward it to the named Albion+ member. You could easily forward it to someone else instead.

Does that work?
If so, I guess you are relying on there being no ID check at the turnstile to match the name on the ticket with the entrants ID.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Why are so many STH unable to go tomorrow? 3,000? Isn’t it part of the deal that you buy your ST for a season? You can hardly blame the Albion if you decide to go on holiday, to a wedding, have a BBQ when there is a game on.

Oh, and doesn’t the food and drink revenue go to the caterers, ie not the Albion?

Haven’t you heard? There’s a global pandemic still playing out and infection rates are still very high. Many are still not ready to be going into high risk mass attendance scenarios.

I won’t be attending the first 4 home games but hope to go after that. One of our seats will be empty for the first time today but would most likely sell if the ticket exchange would open.

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
Haven’t you heard? There’s a global pandemic still playing out and infection rates are still very high. Many are still not ready to be going into high risk mass attendance scenarios.

I won’t be attending the first 4 home games but hope to go after that. One of our seats will be empty for the first time today but would most likely sell if the ticket exchange would open.

Happy to be proved wrong but the pandemic isn’t the reason for empty seats and this decision will have a big impact.

Brighton in particular are a club who have a lot of ST who don’t attend every game but are able to afford the ST expense similar to a car insurance yearly payment and therefore the change has a greater impact on us than say clubs who have had larger capacity stadia for a longer period. A lot of these people are the ones who have historically given the seat away to friends/family and now are restricted for a period by the system. Some of these will be wait and see- ie to see if there are rule changes after this year, others are now just leaving their seats empty and will come for the big games.

We moved from a 8k running track to a 32.5k stadium within the span of a few years and it takes time to build a committed fan base. This is just my opinion before anyone starts slating me for being critical of a club decision!

The club at the very least could open the ticket exchange by individual block ie when one sells out as the North is probably an attractive proposition for part timers- atmosphere and cheaper tickets.

Almost next to no chance this will happen but maybe incentivise people to join the membership by reducing prices v general public. The club will have to reassess this policy at the end of the season no doubt.

Just as an FYI I have no issue with the ID checks but just have it match to an NHS pass or alternatively just allow the ST owner to allocate for a small admin fee on match per match basis say £2.50. Why make people pay the privilege of doing this and then the person they want to allocate to (who is obviously going to be a part timer) pay too! The policy is blatantly intended to be revenue driven but will have a negative PR impact as our ground looks empty despite us playing so well!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You seem likes really nice chap Ken
Most people try to cover their outgoings
When lending / sharing a ticket
Unless I’m mistaken?

And so do you my friend. I committed to a ST for a year but I've never ever charged a friend when I've let them use it.

I’ve had to give my ticket away on many occasions, including last week, and the wife’s for this week, I’ve never charged the person(s) I’ve given it to for it. I’ve budgeted for the ST so whether I use it or not the cost is covered.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Does that work?
If so, I guess you are relying on there being no ID check at the turnstile to match the name on the ticket with the entrants ID.

Yes. According to matchday briefings, ID checks were only ever going to be against the COVID passport and not against the ticket. And you only had to look at the queues for a 75% full stadium last week to know that any sort of ID check creates issues as KO approaches, so they’re very unlikely to introduce another additional ID check against tickets as well as against COVID passports.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Happy to be proved wrong but the pandemic isn’t the reason for empty seats and this decision will have a big impact.

Brighton in particular are a club who have a lot of ST who don’t attend every game but are able to afford the ST expense similar to a car insurance yearly payment and therefore the change has a greater impact on us than say clubs who have had larger capacity stadia for a longer period. A lot of these people are the ones who have historically given the seat away to friends/family and now are restricted for a period by the system. Some of these will be wait and see- ie to see if there are rule changes after this year, others are now just leaving their seats empty and will come for the big games.

We moved from a 8k running track to a 32.5k stadium within the span of a few years and it takes time to build a committed fan base. This is just my opinion before anyone starts slating me for being critical of a club decision!

The club at the very least could open the ticket exchange by individual block ie when one sells out as the North is probably an attractive proposition for part timers- atmosphere and cheaper tickets.

Almost next to no chance this will happen but maybe incentivise people to join the membership by reducing prices v general public. The club will have to reassess this policy at the end of the season no doubt.

Just as an FYI I have no issue with the ID checks but just have it match to an NHS pass or alternatively just allow the ST owner to allocate for a small admin fee on match per match basis say £2.50. Why make people pay the privilege of doing this and then the person they want to allocate to (who is obviously going to be a part timer) pay too! The policy is blatantly intended to be revenue driven but will have a negative PR impact as our ground looks empty despite us playing so well!

Why should the club open the ticket exchange when there are still tickets unsold ? People who talk about this simply want the revenue for themselves to reduce their ST cost or they feel a sense of entitlement about ‘their’ seat. The PR argument is simply nonsense. People are arguing for their own selfish interests and dressing it up as the interests of the club. BHA have a view on how best to run the admin side of the club and that’s all that matters. As to the ID thing, why say you have no issue with it but then go on to try to tell the club how they should be doing it ? You and I can’t set the rules.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Really is frustrating that the club don't seem bothered about empty seats that could so easily be taken.

They have a sharing scheme, a ticket exchange, extensive email marketing and across other platforms, ability to buy multiple tickets per fan number, a subsidised travel offer, have kept prices as same as last year, offer ability to buy tickets using interest free direct debits, gave everyone opportunity to change name on ST this season as a one off to encourage retention, and allow you to update concession tickets multiple times a season.

But yes the ticket exchange doesn’t kick in until all tickets are sold (without ground extension - it would have by now), they have a membership scheme that costs to join (like nearly all clubs) and a one off admin fee for the sharing scheme.

I definitely think they’re bothered.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Why should the club open the ticket exchange when there are still tickets unsold ?

When you get down to the last hundreds many of those left are singles or in areas which might not suit, pitchside, WSU (stairs might be an issue) NS maybe. But I also think the club could put exchange up earlier (and I have no personal agenda)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
They have a sharing scheme, a ticket exchange, extensive email marketing and across other platforms, ability to buy multiple tickets per fan number, a subsidised travel offer, have kept prices as same as last year, offer ability to buy tickets using interest free direct debits, gave everyone opportunity to change name on ST this season as a one off to encourage retention, and allow you to update concession tickets multiple times a season. .

Don’t forget the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Yes. According to matchday briefings, ID checks were only ever going to be against the COVID passport and not against the ticket. And you only had to look at the queues for a 75% full stadium last week to know that any sort of ID check creates issues as KO approaches, so they’re very unlikely to introduce another additional ID check against tickets as well as against COVID passports.

Unlikely, yes ... but what if they did. Wouldn't this be a breach of T&C's leading to a potential cancelation of the season ticket/ban?

I wouldn't want to take that risk.

I can't make the Leicester game so have transferred ticket to my son - which now has his name on it. I paid the £20 to allow the option of transferring my ticket if I can't attend ... and he in an Albion+ member. He's just received his Albion+ member pack - and he's quite happy with it.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Unlikely, yes ... but what if they did. Wouldn't this be a breach of T&C's leading to a potential cancelation of the season ticket/ban?

I can't make the Leicester game so have transferred ticket to my son - which now has his name on it. I paid the £20 to allow the option of transferring my ticket if I can't attend ... and he in an Albion+ member. He's just received his Albion+ member pack - and he's quite happy with it.

Posts like this make my blood boil. Haven’t you got anything negative to say? 😉

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Fair enough; it’s a personal choice and, like you, I’ve taken the official route and transferred my ST to the usual recipient when I can’t go, who has bought an Albion+ membership.

I don’t think there’s much chance of ID checks being implemented though, unless the person you give it to is subject to a banning order or is daft enough to get themselves ejected. There’s no more risk than there was last season when people were regularly sharing season tickets cards, and I think the club will continue to turn a blind eye.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Always makes me laugh the lengths some people will go to defend the club whatever the circumstances. They do get most things right but not this time.

The reality is that today people will vote with their feet or more accurately pockets. There will be rows of empty seats in what should be a packed out stadium because its too expensive / complex to transfer tickets and there will be fewer casual supporters who could turn into full time supporters as a consequence. Clubs loss. Nobody gains.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Always makes me laugh the lengths some people will go to defend the club whatever the circumstances. They do get most things right but not this time.

The reality is that today people will vote with their feet or more accurately pockets. There will be rows of empty seats in what should be a packed out stadium because its too expensive / complex to transfer tickets and there will be fewer casual supporters who could turn into full time supporters as a consequence. Clubs loss. Nobody gains.

The club have probably sold more tickets for this match than at any other time in the history of the Amex. How have they lost again?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here