Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ticket Exchange

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Kept my son’s season ticket this year, he is off to uni, and can only make 6 matches looking at term dates, as he is under 21 it is a massive hassle to transfer to a mate. Looks like I will be losing a lot of money on it this year.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Crazy, isn’t it. I’d wager that virtually every season ticket listed would be more likely to sell than the ones currently available. Why are the club so stubborn on this? Surely they can see the benefit of more people in the stadium even if they don’t make anything out of the resale (which I’m sure they would, as there’s absolutely no admin cost but they still have a differential between what they get in and what is passed back to the ST holder).

Agree, it’s utter bollocks! They’ve royally screwed up on this, loads of empty seats where as before at least people attending might have bought a beer n food etc but now they would rather put something in place that means the seats are going to be empty

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Apart from something like a play-off semi-final, the ticket exchange really does appear to be a monumental waste of time in its current format. Two top notch seats empty in the WSU tomorrow as we can't go. Disappointing, the place ought to be rammed.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Apart from something like a play-off semi-final, the ticket exchange really does appear to be a monumental waste of time in its current format. Two top notch seats empty in the WSU tomorrow as we can't go. Disappointing, the place ought to be rammed.

Exactly .....Third row ESU close to midway between Halfway and penalty area 2 seats ...EMPTY

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The club are definitely getting this wrong. They;ve only shifted a handful of tickets this week because all those available are not good seats, but my guess is there is 2-3,000 registered to go on the exchange as soon as it opens, all of which are more saleable. I get that they make less on selling these tickets, but they will sell more as a result, and those people will make more noise, will spend some money on food and drink, and will be more likely to come back in future. Seems like a no brainer to me.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
The club are definitely getting this wrong. They;ve only shifted a handful of tickets this week because all those available are not good seats, but my guess is there is 2-3,000 registered to go on the exchange as soon as it opens, all of which are more saleable. I get that they make less on selling these tickets, but they will sell more as a result, and those people will make more noise, will spend some money on food and drink, and will be more likely to come back in future. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Occasional visitors probably spend more in the shop.

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I agree. There really should be a cut-off point in tickets remaining. It should be obvious to the club that those seats left aren't as desirable as most that will be on the exchange.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
One of our three seats empty tomorrow as son can`t go. Would normally have taken friend !!!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Kept my son’s season ticket this year, he is off to uni, and can only make 6 matches looking at term dates, as he is under 21 it is a massive hassle to transfer to a mate. Looks like I will be losing a lot of money on it this year.

Same position as us.

Wasn’t there a rule that a sth can only no-show x games per season?

I need to check with the club.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Why are so many STH unable to go tomorrow? 3,000? Isn’t it part of the deal that you buy your ST for a season? You can hardly blame the Albion if you decide to go on holiday, to a wedding, have a BBQ when there is a game on.

Oh, and doesn’t the food and drink revenue go to the caterers, ie not the Albion?

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Why doesn’t everyone who use to pass a season ticket on just get those people to buy a membership? It’s £25 so even if going to one game is good value. If they can’t be bothered to do that then perhaps that’s the sort of supporter we can do without.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
I can't get my head around this negativity. I have a ticket that is occasionally spare and I can now pass it to my friend so they can go. It cost me £20 to make my ST a sharing ST (which isn't much let's be honest) and them £25 to be an Albion+ member. I will probably pass them my spare ticket 6 or 7 times which means it'll cost them around £3.50 a game to watch Premier League football. That's bloody good value and the club should be praised for making this sharing of tickets so easy and so cheap.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

It’s really very easy to transfer a ticket to someone in the same age category if they’re Albion+ members. I did it myself for this week’s game.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why doesn’t everyone who use to pass a season ticket on just get those people to buy a membership? It’s £25 so even if going to one game is good value. If they can’t be bothered to do that then perhaps that’s the sort of supporter we can do without.

In reality you only need one person prepared to buy a membership. The STH still gets sent the email with the electronic ticket that can be either downloaded to a wallet or printed at home, and it’s up to them to forward it to the named Albion+ member. You could easily forward it to someone else instead.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I can't get my head around this negativity. I have a ticket that is occasionally spare and I can now pass it to my friend so they can go. It cost me £20 to make my ST a sharing ST (which isn't much let's be honest) and them £25 to be an Albion+ member. I will probably pass them my spare ticket 6 or 7 times which means it'll cost them around £3.50 a game to watch Premier League football. That's bloody good value and the club should be praised for making this sharing of tickets so easy and so cheap.

You seem likes really nice chap Ken
Most people try to cover their outgoings
When lending / sharing a ticket
Unless I’m mistaken?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here