Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ticket Collection Point - Roma

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Hundreds of us missed kick off at Marseille after being at the shuttle square 2 hours before. Absolutely shambolic, and never again. They can't turn you away if you turn up via taxi.
Just to repeat what been posted several times, if it’s like Athens they tried to put the fear of God into us re the buses, however getting the metro was a breeze, and it resulted in a good few beers with friendly locals and a stroll into the stadium 10 minutes before kick off

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Just to repeat what been posted several times, if it’s like Athens they tried to put the fear of God into us re the buses, however getting the metro was a breeze, and it resulted in a good few beers with friendly locals and a stroll into the stadium 10 minutes before kick off

One thing's for sure I will not be taking the shuttle this time......

Athens was great . Got a taxi up, drank in the pubs near the ground. Entered the ground no issues. Will attempt this again for Rome.

All these ridiculous scare stories, if you dont make a tit of yourself, no Roma ultras are gonna be starting on you.

Dunno though. I remember at Marseille people at the pub at the square saying people had been turned away taking the metro .... Thought it was bollox at the time and probably was.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This. I walked to the stadium in Athens, and as I did was getting messages from people on the buses telling me ‘the FA rep on the bus is saying if you’re not on the bus you’ll be refused entry’……..walked up to the police line and then through turnstile and was was subject to less scrutiny by the very friendly police and stewards than the in WSL yesterday.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Dunno though. I remember at Marseille people at the pub at the square saying people had been turned away taking the metro .... Thought it was bollox at the time and probably was.
Surely telling fans what they can expect is not a scare story. Fans can choose whether they want to go to the match or not based should be on the facts of previuos experiences.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
What#s it got to do with Roma Ultras? Taking a risk is fine, but expecting a Roaman Holiday is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Did the same. How did you get away from the stadium after the match and after you were tear gassed?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

Athens was great . Got a taxi up, drank in the pubs near the ground. Entered the ground no issues. Will attempt this again for Rome.

All these ridiculous scare stories, if you dont make a tit of yourself, no Roma ultras are gonna be starting on you.
Didn't use buses to marseille or athens,metro was fine

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

Exactly this,not a chance I'm using shuttle buses to get to ground ,nadda

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Yep bollocks

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
We got the tube to Athens, no worries at all and an extra hour or so in the pub. Learnt my lesson at Marseille. I'd get the bus to Roma if they didn't inevitably go about 10 years before kick off.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
This. I walked to the stadium in Athens, and as I did was getting messages from people on the buses telling me ‘the FA rep on the bus is saying if you’re not on the bus you’ll be refused entry’……..walked up to the police line and then through turnstile and was was subject to less scrutiny by the very friendly police and stewards than the in WSL yesterday.
I had little choice anyway to be honest as the Mrs was in Block 8 (home end) so couldn’t have got the bus even if we wanted to (which we didn’t)
We even declined the “kind offer” of a bus when we got off the Metro opting for the 10 minute walk through the back streets, it didn’t really cause any concern. A few beers in a home pub then I walked her to her gate, for curiosity’s sake I took a walk round the whole circuit of the stadium, again, no concerns. I did have an AEK hat on though! 🤣

I’ve been to the Stadio Olympico before for Lazio v Inter, yes it does have a bit of an edge but it’s a football match not downtown Dombass. Just keep your wits about you. If I felt that threatened I wouldn’t go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here