Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ticket Collection Point - Roma

Victor Chandler

Sep 2, 2014
Haywards Heath
It seems when Leicester were away to Roma the match tickets were emailed to supporters. Hope it is the same for us...

"TICKET COLLECTION POINT Tickets will be emailed to supporters prior to the day of the match. Please check all mailboxes as your ticket will be emailed to you from this email address no_reply@bestunion.com, please print your ticket off. Please also have an electronic copy on your mobile device."

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It seems when Leicester were away to Roma the match tickets were emailed to supporters. Hope it is the same for us...

"TICKET COLLECTION POINT Tickets will be emailed to supporters prior to the day of the match. Please check all mailboxes as your ticket will be emailed to you from this email address no_reply@bestunion.com, please print your ticket off. Please also have an electronic copy on your mobile device."

Emailed to you the day before the game and requested to print it. Hmm.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Emailed to you the day before the game and requested to print it. Hmm.
Drives me bloody mad that organisations - solicitors, NHS, doctors, football clubs - think we all have printers - WE DON'T !!!! I have to go to the library to print anything off - I'm not paying for a printer, paper and the ink ( which dries up quickly ) just to print a form/ticket every now and then. They are all operating as though it's 1995. *** rant over ***

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sounds like make your own way there, back on the coach - sounds good!
There's a link to Celtic's trip to Lazio on another thread that suggests they had digital tickets but had to have their passport on them at the ground and were bussed both in and out in a single convoy.

Made it sound quite Marseille like, though it might help avoid getting stabbed in the buttocks by a vespa driver.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
There's a link to Celtic's trip to Lazio on another thread that suggests they had digital tickets but had to have their passport on them at the ground and were bussed both in and out in a single convoy.

Made it sound quite Marseille like, though it might help avoid getting stabbed in the buttocks by a vespa driver.
I think Lazio (far-right) vs Celtic (left-wing) may have been earmarked for trouble by police...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
And what does that achieve when you are already in Rome.
Prior to the day could be a week before. Just saying that the LCFC email didn't say the day prior but prior to the day.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I have also heard the rumours based on the Celtic match. Based on having been to the stadium before I really do NOT believe that we will get bussed in and back. Knowing the Italian police they will not be concerned by us and therefore, I suspect it will be make your own way to the stadium. Although getting back if the late kick off will be a pain.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I went as a tourist to see Roma v Brescia about 20 years ago in April. I couldn’t work out why 60 minutes before the game firemen came onto the running track and hosed it down behind both goals. The amount of flares thrown onto the track when both teams came out provided the explanation. It took about 10 minutes for the smoke to clear to see both ends of the pitch.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Am I missing something? They won’t be emailed.
All tickets for UEFA Europa League away matches have to be collected, by each named individual, along with photo ID (either a passport or driving license) at our ticket collection point in the city prior to the match. The collection facility will likely open the day prior to the match and from the morning of the match until two to three hours prior to kick-off

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I was bussed to and from the stadium in 2010 when little old Fulham were playing them. Before the game, pick up was from a park somewhere near the centre. We were dropped off after the match at the central station which seemed a bit dodge at the time but there were no Roma around either there or near the Irish pubs where we were celebrating a rare foray into Europe (probably never to be repeated in my lifetime). Enjoy!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Whilst I have total faith in the club, Athens comes to mind. There were no tickets, just a sheet of paper which I presume was something a fan was expected to print off but the club had done this for us. Getting on the bus some had their papers torn by police, others didn't. At the ground only check was from the Albion crew at a gate, but even there they missed lots of people.
The drop off at the station post match sounds good to lots of us in hotels in that area.
Having said all of this, Roma have a system in place for these games and it wouldn't have been too hard for the club to have all the details of every club ready to send out prior to the draw so we knew where to book a hotel. After all, we all had spreadsheets for 16 away games at the ready.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here